TF4 and Bayhem

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Mar 10, 2012.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    After watching all three Transformers films, what are the chances that the next movie, and any other films that might be directed by bay will be no different?

Will the next film portray the robots like we've all wanted them on the big screen? Heavy dialogue, screen time, characterization and no sex humor?

The audience for this franchise is vast so I don't know if Bay will change his style a bit and offer a whole new movie.

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Please see my signature for your answers. This is what you can expect.

3. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Each TF movie was aimed to be done differently and they succeeded. Unfortunately, while they each had a different tone and style, they all shared the same flaws.

I believe TF4 will be done differently, just like the rest but it will share the same flaws.

4. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Personally I don't mind the humor and all the bay stuff, but I want the most possible dialogue and screentime for the tfs. I personally think nothing is gonna change. We didn't get much change in DOTM so why TF4?

5. T4mercustomz

T4mercustomz Genus time! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Well he may have gotten rid of FE but how did he cancel wave 6 of dotm toys if anything RID did

6. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    The signature is a joke ...

7. decepticreep312

decepticreep312 Well-Known Member

Oh god, all the boring unnecessary comedy scenes better not be in tf4... They took up lots of time they could've used to explain the new Autobot arrivals, show scenes that are relevant to the plot! But the action of course is just pure mind blowingly amazing.

8. NCStarscream

NCStarscream Me Grimlock cute

News Credits:
    It'll be the same. As long as it doesn't have as many pointless human subplot scenes as when Sam went to college, I won't complain.

9. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Only when shit sticks to the moon.

10. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    TF4 is a big chance for bay to change and move the franchise in a different direction similar to how fast and furious used fast five to shift the series to a heist style franchise rarther than the traditional street racing.

11. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Seeing how the last two sequels went, and seeing how much money they earned, I severely doubt we'll be seeing any gigantic changes with the same director on board.

12. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Yeah, pretty much this. But to me Bay himself is the biggest flaw of all. But apparently flaws make lots of money so that's okay.

It's like building a house. Bay is the dodgy foundation and each film is a new house built upon that foundation. People will still pay out lots of money for the house but it's always going to have problems because of the dodgy foundation. Changing the design of the house each time might make things a little better here and there but really the house needs to be built on a better foundation.

13. transformervic1

transformervic1 HI!

News Credits:
    If they do this right, the movie will feature less human story and more robot story

14. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    What are the chances? Not very high. Do I want changes for the better? ABSOLUTELY. Will they happen? Not very much, I reckon.

Pretty much this. We'll get a steady and slight improvement upon many aspects (robot dialogue and screentime, steadier action, etc.) but it'll probably still have the same overly-long, cringe-worthy humour that the rest have had. But hey, I'll still watch it.

15. Zhadow

Zhadow Oh hi there

Yes, more emotions and dialog between the robots besides fighting, and less weird sense of humor is better.

16. Eric

Eric Per sempre marciamo.

News Credits:
    Your sig speaks the truth, IMO.

To answer the OP's question, there's no chance of Transformers 4 bucking any of the trends that the first three films had. Why? Because at the end of the day, it'll still be a Michael Bay movie. There will be sex and poop jokes. There will be barely any plot. There will be little to no characterization for the robots themselves. And there will be negative stereotypes.

Just my :2c: 

17. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Nice. :) 

18. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

:eek: 

19. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

I doubt Bay will change his style.

Best case scenario is that with Sam gone, the new human protagonist is a soldier or someone more suited to scenes with the robots. So less time wasted with college, or looking for a job, or annoying parents.

20. Scorpio

Scorpio Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Lets be honest, after DOTM there is no chance he`ll change. ROTF he was testing how far he could go to annoy fans and ruin their childhoods. He realised it was too far so scaled it back, but we still got tons of things we didnt need to have in the film and lots of pointless human charecters who are just there to promote the army and military (Again)

To make TF4 fan friendly here are the rules;
    1) Transformers are more important than the human cast!
    - They have films nowadays such as WALL-E where the Robot is the main focus. In truth Bay could easily have a Transformers film without Humans.
    2) Cost
    Total Budget US$ 545,000,000
    Box office US$ 2,669,760,469
    - As shown in the above sales figures. The Transformers film series has made about $2,100,000,000 of profit for Hasbro. Given the success of the films and profit they have made it is easy enough for TF4 to be entirely CGI and of a quality that is of the same standard as DOTM. Take Avatar (2009) for example, $42 dollars more than DOTM and has an entirely CGI environment of an amazing quality.
    3) 'Going bigger'
    - Whats bigger that a Decepticon invasion and a betrayal? given the events of DOTM their isnt many ways to beat that so time to pull out the 'big guns' TF4 either needs to have villains who are either much more dangerous and menacing OR needs to bring in bigger villains. A villain such as Unicron is likely to be the next best step, but that will probably wait till the final Transformers film (Likely the sixth film in the franchise, given that Tf4 will spark a new series of three films)
    4) TF Deaths
    - Given that TF4 is likely to introduce a bunch of new charecters we dont want them to just be cannon fodder. Give them backstory, make them interesting enough so we feel something when they die. If they really want to make the film emotional and change pace completely then Bumblebee needs to die. He was 'Sam`s Transformer' and will always be in the mind of the fans.
    5) The Plot
    - I may not speak for the entire fan base when i say this, but i for one am getting bored of the whole 'Its something ancient hidden in Earth`s past that noone spoke about' Bring in a plot from somewhere else that isnt tied to Earth. Earth is a battleground, not a plot point.
    6) POTC style?
    - With TF4 greenlighted it is obvious that sequels will soon follow, the only question is, where do you go from Tf4? the easiest of these to start a new series would be the idea used for POTC 2 and POTC 3 as having the films linked with the possible introduction of a villain in TF4 with a climatic battle ending in a retreat from both sides with the villain returning to counterstrike in TF5 rather than just killing off a villian each film.