TF3- Why no Unicron?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by DecepticonsRule, Jul 1, 2011.

1. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Honestly, after having The Fallen (who was essentially a god) in ROTF, it would make sense for them to go bigger and badder for the next film. I think a lot of us thought that meant Unicron would be in TF3.

I know he was thought about early on in TF3's development, like right after ROTF's release. Looking at how DOTM turned out, it's obvious they went down a very different path than including another god-like Transformer in the film.

Does anyone have any ideas, or know why Unicron wasn't in the (supposed) final Transformers film?

2. bignick1693

bignick1693 Maximal

News Credits:
    Too big to make. I think movie unicron should appear to shape shift to make thing easier.

3. RzaSharp

RzaSharp Well-Known Member

Most likely too hard to incorporate onto film to do him justice. Too many resources used on one character (CGI,Templating and Scale) and i would hate to see him compromised like Galactus was in the FF movie.

4. griffon2k

griffon2k Active Member

My guess is they (Paramount and/or Hasbro) realized that doing Unicron pretty much means the end of this continuity. You really can't top saving Earth from a planet sized Transformer.

And, fighting in space means fewer humans directly involved and a higher budget.

If they had any plans for greenlighting a TF4 under a new director, I could see them saving Unicron for later.

5. griffon2k

griffon2k Active Member

I think I would have tried to stage a boycott of the film if they went the FF movie Galactus route. Unicorn as anything other than a enormous Transformer is pointless.

I can at least understand Marvel's problem, they weren't sure how a planet-sized, planet-eating humanoid would play to non-comic fan audiences. With Transformers, you go into the theater expecting robots to turn into everything imaginable. Unicron's anything but out of place in that environment.

6. Cosmic Forge

Cosmic Forge Waiting for next TF game

Too soon in general. Although TF4 would make a great opportunity for Unicron to take Megatron's body and upgrade him to Galvatron, and turn the other dead D's into Sweeps.....

Just sayin

7. hupla

hupla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Man fuck unicron, id love to see new guys added to the Transformers Rouges Gallery. Plus I doubt he coulld ever be done well in Liveaction.

8. Noideaforaname

Noideaforaname Pico, let's go up to Zuma

News Credits:
    Unicron's a distraction from the Autobot-Decepticon war, a war which needed some sort of conclusion. Throwing a random planet-eating monster into the mix would be utter chaos (even considering how the films are already!)

9. Faded-Myth

Faded-Myth Oddbot

Pretty sure at some point Bay specifically stated that they didn't want to do "bigger" with TF3, though you might argue that point considering the invasion of Chicago was somewhat larger in scale than Devastator and the Fallen climbing up a pyramid.

10. Number1sikko

Number1sikko Autobot

News Credits:
    I don't think unicron would have fit in yet. There is always room for him in TF 4,5,6.

11. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    Too big. I wouldn't even want to see it happen. He's the kind of character that only works in an 80's cartoon.

12. Coldiron

Coldiron Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    We just assume Cybertron was sucked back in the space bridge just due to some aftereffect of the rods being broken. For all we know Unicron was on the other side deciding to finally eat his lunch before it ran off on him. Jump to TF4 where he uses the newly found bridge tech to bring himself to earth where the Autobots must defend it against Unicron. For all we know they could take that route in the next movie.

13. Methos

Methos ...Hail Megatron

As much as I like Unicron,it wouldn't work with him as a planet. But it would be cool to see something claiming to work for Unicron come to Earth and bring back Megatron as Galvatron.

14. Transfotaku

Transfotaku Transformer Otaku

That's because Unicron sucks, and made for a horrible chara...er, plot point even back when.

Besides, he had his time. Too much time, what with the UT. He's overplayed, he'd be horrible in the movie, and Hasbro themselves are sick of him.

15. ColdRod

ColdRod Well-Known Member

Cause they had Decepticons, Cybertrons & Megatrons. Adding Unicrons would be too much...

16. Starwave

Starwave Herald of Unicron

I don't think they should add mythos into the movies after ROTF. That was just a mess.... I LOVE the mystical aspects of Transformers, like Primus/Unicron, and the Original 13. But none of that works well for the movies IMO. After that horrible mess of a sequel, they needed to step it back a notch, and go more towards a basic plot. And it worked out a lot better that way, didn't it?

17. Doug

Doug Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I wish TF3 had Unicron. Just like the spaceship the Autobots were suppose to be in when the leaving the earth, I wish that ship was Omega Supreme.

18. nametaken

nametaken Well-Known Member

unicron=boring.

get over him.

19. einis

einis Want some candy?

News Credits:
    Creating Unicron's CGI model would be too expensive.Having him in the movie would pretty much mean that other robots would get about 10 seconds of screen time(unless the budget would be huge).And Unicron wouldn't really work in live-action movie

20. Tenebrouser

Tenebrouser Craft...or is it crap?

Why won't this Unicron idea die?