TF3 & sound-effects

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Moy, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    One of the best parts of the TF films is all the noise from the robot parts. I would like to hope that Tf3 will give us newer sounds or just more of them.

My favorite from Tf1 was when Megs transformed his arm into a cannon, and starscream's movements in ROTF.

2. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

Agreed. I didn't much care for either movie but the sound effects and foley art were great.

My favourite would be the subtle creeps and scrapes as the stars line up on the Paramount logo.

3. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I have sooo many favorites, but one that sticks out is when starscream is shooting his machine gun and blasts off right overhead Sam from TF1.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Ravage firing his guns.

5. Liselotte

Liselotte Revenge is coming... TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Meg's fusion cannon in rotf

6. cosmos360

cosmos360 Not a door bell

Favorite sound effect in the first movie is when Blackout transforms and makes that sonic boom shockwave(think he steps on a bomb) and all the windows smash.

Favorite sound effect in ROTF is when Demolisher transforms and hits the ground.

7. figsdad

figsdad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ravage guns the best in rotf..

the hissing noise then the firing.. amazing..

8. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

I rather liked Starscream's transformation sounds, with all the little clicks and squeaks in there. Megatron's in RotF also had a nice quality, with the metallic "slaps" that were unique to him. It personalized it a bit. The foley was quite good.

I think a particular favourite grouping of that was in the first film, from Megatron emerging from the dam, flew up, transformed, slammed back to the ground, then there was the moment of softer sounds as we saw his knee flip into place and make a little echoing, metallic click.

Right here: YouTube - Transformers Custom SFX

- Coeloptera

9. VaderPrime1

VaderPrime1 Prepare for termination!

News Credits:
    Instagram:
    Flickr:
    YouTube:
    I fell in love with that sound!

10. ectoneon

ectoneon Well-Known Member

Ravages cannons were awesome. I think my favorite though was the altered classic transformation sound when Ironhide transfroms during the mission city battle. That whole scene was great, especially with how the muffled almost all the sound except for the sound effects themselves. They even muted the girls scream as Ironhide flips over her. I loved that.
    Another great one.

I have to disagree there. Not that it's a bad sound effect or anything, to me though, It just didn't seem "powerful" enough to be megs fusion cannon. Does that make sense

11. Bovril

Bovril Critical Miss!

Agree with the Blackout noise, has that kinda "implosion-ey" quality. That was the point I first thought 'hey, this might just work'. Pity the script didn't match the quality of the CGI and audio, but hey.

12. *Soundwave*

*Soundwave* Derp

News Credits:
    the first time Barricade transforms

13. Cosbydaf

Cosbydaf Well-Known Member

Some sound effects that really stood out to me where:

*Brawl's groan when his arms gets cut off, sounds very alien and somewhat creepy
    *That screechy screaming sound that Starscream occasionally makes while flying
    * The great clunky sound Megatron makes when he transforms to meet Starscream on the Nemesis in ROTF

14. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Aww.. yes, how could I forget the best one; Blackout. Yes, that was the first time Transformers grabbed everyone by surprise. Epic.

15. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Rampage bouncing and groaning in ROTF.

16. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why does your comment sound so wrong? :D :drunk :D ream::p 

Anyways, love Blackout's initial sounds. They were awesome, specially the thunderclap that he emitted. Also, the hacking signal produced by the Decepticons was quite awesome.

17. rego0012

rego0012 Well-Known Member

i enjoyed how they attempted to give every bot a distinctive sound set and transformation sound. i thought that was a really nice touch that added character to each and every autobot and decpiticon.

18. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    Yes! Yes! Rampage, oh how good that was, and Bonecrusher as he rolls through the freeway, and his groaning....wow the good old memories..:thumb 

19. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    That's still my favorite employment of sounds of the movies. The reason? Subtlety of the original TF cog noise. It's one of the few times I've chanted in a theater ("YES!").

I really like how the transformation sounds mimic the original, but it typically sounds like metal plates or gears whirling. I would like the subtlety of the above to be employed a little more though.

Many of the guns and lasers sound really cool too. They sound sci-fi-ish without going overboard.

20. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I love the sounds of the Arcees riding, transforming, and shooting. Ravage's guns sound sweet. The intro logo sounds in both movies are awesome. I like the Cybertronian radio signals.

I would like to hear the more old skool sound mixed into the transformations, but I just want to quote this and say I'm 'happy' somebody recognizes this!
    Everybody I talk to keeps insisting that the movie TFs don't have the transformation sounds (besides the obvious soundbytes during Blackout and the Microcons transformations)..but it was really obvious to me that all of the TF sounds in both movies DO mimic the old-skool 1-2-3 and 1-2-3-4-5 patterns, just with different materials! :) 

Last edited: Sep 10, 2010