TF3 should of been the end.

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Bluebe6, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    I think Transformers: Dark of the Moon really should of been the last movie.
    I was really disappointing when I heard the rumors. I mean, I'm not pissed or anything that there's a 4th, and I know I'll end up seeing it, but DOTM really ended well IMO, and really should of been the end of the trilogy, it did end abruptly, and you can't make another story out of it.

So now they're gonna pretty much reboot it?
    You don't have to call it a reboot, but with a whole new cast, and possibly new robots, it's a completely different story, therefore, a reboot.
    I'm not fond of that idea either, I'm so used to the Sam Witwicky story, but again, I know I'll end up seeing it. I think if there's gonna be a completely knew story, Bay shouldn't have anything to do with it.

Because the way I see it, if Bay doesn't have anything to do with it, its a whole new and different Transformers franchise.

2. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Don't feel like explaining my thoughts right now.

3. SGTsoundwave

SGTsoundwave Steam Powered Automaton

*reads thread title* :stick:  We don't need another one!

4. SuperJazz

SuperJazz Dictator of my Dimension

I'm not a fan of it either, but there's no point of this thread. It's going to happen unless something really bad happens. But I have my doubts.

5. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    I'm actually really pumped about it. It's like a reboot but not really. We've had the same human cast for three movies, so I can't wait for that change.

I'm glad they are keeping the same robot cast honestly.

Also, there are so many other villains and mythos they could use this time around. I'm excited. Not to mention there are rumors of it being from the robot's point of view this time around with the humans coming second. Which is beyond amazing if that turns out to be true.

6. megatronski

megatronski Primaris

News Credits:
    We Do not need another movie, Nor do we need another thread about why we do not need another movie.

7. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    whether you wanted it to be the last or not it doesnt matter we all knew a fourth movie was coming it was only a matter of time. I just didnt expect it to be announced so soon.

8. OP84

OP84 Well-Known Member

I really don't think that there is anywhere else to go with this series. Even if they reboot it, I still won't be satisfied.

9. OmegaPrime22

OmegaPrime22 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I guess you never read the comics. Theres about 10 years of transformers mythology they have behind them. Theres plenty of storys to tell.

10. ErbFan28

ErbFan28 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I don't like the ending of DOTM. Thats not the way any continuity of Transformers should end.

11. ElectricPrada09

ElectricPrada09 Speedster.

News Credits:
    So even if they reboot it you won't be satisfied? How does that make sense? By that logic you're saying you won't be pleased no matter what they do. If you guys are fans of Transformers why would you not want another movie? At the very least to help Hasbro you should want one IMO if you claim to be a fan.

12. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    i do agree that DOTM Should had been the end, thats why i was highly awaiting DOTM, cause it was meant to be the end of EVERYTHING. plus it was really but really hyped as the End as the tv spots even had taglines saying

"We faced a Few, in June 29, we face them all!"

plus some rare latin american posters for DOTM had a tagline on it saying "The Last Battle on Earth"

Plus if they kill the Main cons i want it to be done in the FINAL movie of the franchise, thats why i was not bugged of the deaths of the Main cons at first when i saw DOTM, cause it was meant to be the end of the movies and i wanted the main cons to be killed in the FINAL movie (thats why i want them back in TF4, cause the film franchise is still not done)

13. megatronski

megatronski Primaris

News Credits:
    Trust me, I'm pleased with things Hasbro does. I just do not think that the live action movie setting is a good place for Transformers. I prefer the Comics and Cartoons.

14. DinoFreakUSA

DinoFreakUSA Well-Known Member

I'm only looking foreward to TF4 for more bayhem. I agree that DOTM should have been the end. It was meant to but it gave Hasbro more money so of course they're going to milk every cent out of this franchise just like Nintendo did with Mario.

15. Bluebe6

Bluebe6 Banned

News Credits:
    If you have a problem with a thread, don't bother with it.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

It would have been nice to end things at the third film. Sure maybe it's wasn't the greatest ending ever in the history of film but it did kind of wrap things up since all the major Cons were dead and the Autobots were really going to have to make their home here since Cybertron is destroyed so no going home no turn back.

Like Batman it would have been nice to let the franchise sit for a while and then bring it back as something fresh and new.

Not really crazy about these ideas of it's a reboot but it's not a reboot. We aren't going to have the same humans but we are going to have the same robots and claim it's completely re-imagined even though the only thing changing seems to be the human cast.

Sure we all hate to see things end, but if you can get a pretty good ending then you kind of have to go with that and move on. Batman Brave and the Bold was fun but I was glad we at least got an ending instead of cancelled like some many other shows. Somewhere down the road we will get a new Batman cartoon and I'll enjoy that but I'll be glad it's not just Batman Brave and the Bold with only a few changes to voice actors or some change like that.

17. WreckNRule426

WreckNRule426 Autobot

I only had to look at the title to say SECONDEEEEEEEED. :) 

18. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    ^This.

It was the worst way ever to end a trilogy.

19. SMS55

SMS55 Well-Known Member

It was supposed to be the end for Michael Bay. That's why he killed all the Decepticons.

20. Cryptwire

Cryptwire Cybertronian Engineer/Sniper

News Credits:
    overall, Hollywood and the studios are in it to make money... Transformers make money and if it makes money, the studios are happy, and we get to see more Transformers movies... my only issue with it is at least next time, try to deliver a good, engaging, interesting, coherent, consistent plot, setting, characters, story that I won't get bored with and is not overly repetitive.... the movie is not about a bunch of dumb dinosaurs on a rampage on an island... it is not about a tights-wearing super strong superhero who flies around and saves people.. it is not about some random unknown alien that just decides to invade Earth... it is not about a UK spy hunting down evil people... it is not about dumb walking corposes gutting and cannibalizing people..

it is about a race of metallic/robotic/computer living organisms engaged in a civil war for millions of years that found their war to Earth.. a lot of things can be done with them and their story and literally the limit on the amount of story that can be told is only one's imagination. as long as the stories don't get tiring and boring and repetitive and as long as the makers of the movie use some imagination, willing to experiement, there should always be Transformers movies. if the James Bond franchise is still around, surely it would be a piece of cake for the Transformers movie franchise to accomplish this feat.