TF3 pre-shooting has begun in Chicago(pics:D)

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Jimmy88, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Jimmy88

Jimmy88 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi there guys(new to the forum) Long time TF fan. I was downtown today for a photography project and I was around the Chicago Tribune/Chicago River area along Michigan avenue near the Magnificent Mile and all of a sudden I heard a helicopter and it was pretty loud. I thought it was for WGN or one of the other news stations in the Chicago area but he kept going in and out of the buildings, multiple times, and at times going pretty fast. I got a good look at it to primarily because he was, at times, flying pretty low. It was a nice looking black chopper with some sort of markings on it, no news logos or nothing like that. One time I swear it was about 500 ft above the Chicago River. I havent seen a chopper that low since they filmed the Dark Knight back in 2007. There was one where he circled the Tribune and Trumph tower and then did a dive along the Chicago River, me and my bro think that Starscream is going to fly over the river in EPIC fashion. Well all in all from what it looked like they got some nice aerial shots from filming or principle photography for the chopper to be circling for about a couple hours:D  Enjoy the pics:D 

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Chopperface

Chopperface Chadwick Forever

News Credits:
    Fascinating. Maybe they are filming, maybe they aren't. You have a point with the Dark Kinght's filming.

This'll probably be one of those aerial shots like before Megs and Scream get all G1unny.

3. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Hell yeah man, what I took from it is that they were mainly shooting the aerial shots, like prior to a battle or like you said about Megs and Starscream:D 

4. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Wasn't the camera on the helicopter in the previous films visible underneath the cockpit? I see nothing here.

5. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Yeah I know but I did see something underneath near the back, for the Dark Knight they were mounted in the front, if they werent filming it was probably principle photography for the film because it was supposed to start around now, probably taking photos of where they are going to film.....

6. eyeballkid

eyeballkid Old

News Credits:
    Your right, they probably just got an idea for what shots they want, and I'll bet they shoot within the next couple of days. I doubt Bay was in there, but who knows? He will shoot it fast regardless. I think that was the point. They just wanted to get a flight plan arranged for when they really film.

7. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Yeah man probably getting a feel of how Starscream and Megs are going to maneuver throughout the Chicago skyline. Yeah Ive noticed that about Bay, he shoots fast, but that isnt always the right way:(  You hear about the filming schedule, May to only July, talk about fast and talk about actual film being second behind CG........

8. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Interesting... maybe they're shooting aerial shots, or it's all pre-shoot stuff?

9. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    Cool! I hope to know when the come around Florida! Maybe Botcon will have a cameo in it!

I think they should have like a dvd or series on his website just about the filming, not just small scenes but in depth footage of the filming, stunts, and stuff. I mean I'm interested in the cinematography in the films.

I think this would be an interesting scene. maybe not megs a screamer, but like a chase with the autobots on land and SS swoops down and tries to attack.

10. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Yean man I believe so:D 

11. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Oh dude you in Florida??? Thats awesome you should be seeing some awesome filming just like Im gonna see here is Chicago, about time they are filming in our areas, and yeah I know they should really have stuff about the filming, Im like that with cinematography too. I cant tell you how obsessed I got over the Dark Knight and the filming locations, but Im like that with every film that was filmed here. I was so bumped when the Dark Knight came out on DVD and barely a second disk, no filming, no behind the scenes, no Ledger tribute, nothing. They should put more into showing the filming because I know thats what I also wanna see, the process during the filming. Dude a chase scene would rock!!!!! I have looked at the landscape and they chose a great part of the city for an action sequence. Seems like its built for an aerial battle of some sort, the Magnificent Mile is very similar to the part of the city in the first TF, Im picturing a similar battle, not to that capacity though....but I would so wanna see a chase down Michigan Avenue and then SS unloading on everyone, my bro wants Prime to do a header right through Trumph Tower...LOL:D .

12. TFareCool

TFareCool TFW's Camera Guy

News Credits:
    Through Trumph tower? Cool! If I see any places filming, my mom promised me back in 07 if Transformers filmed in FL. We could go. I'll make sure to snap vids and pics. Thanks for sharing! I'd like to ride in a filming rig, like the bethlehem steel site, it looks so beautiful with the swirling smoke, lights and helicopters.

on a side not, i remembered i literally cried a little at the begging of TF: Rotf in IMAX because i was so excited. Lets hope tf3 does the same thing.

13. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    For me, this seems like an overhead panover before a battle. I'm kinda thinking like the shots of New York before Starscream and Megs show up.

14. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Hell yeah man thats exactly what I was thinking or some aerial shots during a battle like in flight or something.....gotta love those classic Bay shots:D 

15. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Oh dude sweet, Thanks, I cant wait to see what they do in FL. I shall do the same thing when Bay and crew get under way over here in the Windy City:D  I shall be posting like crazy. Yeah dude I know the TF films are powerful stuff, I remember seeing the trailer for the first TF during WWE Monday Night Raw, and this was the first I was hearing about it, and this was the March before its release, I wasnt following online back then, but when it was in theaters man was it emotional and powerful!!!!!!!

16. Richard598

Richard598 Always think positive

Dude,from the looks of it:
    "Dethepticons,To Mithion sthity!!!!!"
    "I offered a speech upgrade,but,nooooo,you'll "automaticly heal" just like those insects.suuuuuuureeee".
    *MEANWHILE*
    "Autobots,to mission city,the decepticons are attacking,Roll out!"
    "Yeahhhh boyyyyyyyy...Roadtrip!!!!!!!"

17. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That would be so fucking awesome!

18. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    I just noticed that it is the same model chopper as delux class blazemaster.

LET THE WILD SPECULATION BEGIN.

19. Autobot_Wall-E

Autobot_Wall-E The Musical

Thats pretty cool. You know how whenever a new city is being used in the movie they always have a few shots of the camera flying over the cityline and getting scenery for the intro to that part? I think they may have been doing that.

I live like 45 minutes away from that place in Pennsylvania where they shot the Shanghai fight in ROTF. I didn't get to go, but my friend went with his mom and they saw the vehicles parked on the set and the helicopters flying overhead.

20. Jimmy88

News Credits:
    Dude hell yeah:D