TF3 Official Filming details for Chicago

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by marshall dusty, Jun 30, 2010.

1. Tekfreak

Tekfreak Well-Known Member

Any more details on filming for this friday and saturday? I know it said filming starts the 9th...recently moved to bucktown area of Chicago and def. plan on checking all this out since im recently unemployed lol.

Also never saw the dark knight stuff, but how close do they allow u to get for filming? is there a fenced perimeter set up or what? I wanna snap as many pix as i can!

2. Tekfreak

that and i need to get my timing down on travelling between westfest off chicago and wood and the filming this weekend :D 

3. cujodah

cujodah New Member

I just heard..... :) 

Dear Tenant:

Please be advised that several streets surrounding 200 W. Madison will be closed on Friday, July 9th, 2010 at 7:00PM until Monday, July 12th, 2010 at approximately 5:00AM. This street closure is due to the filming for the movie Transformers 3. Below is a schedule of the parking and street closures for your reference:

The following streets will be posted for “No Parking” from 6:00 AM on Saturday, July 10th through 5:00 AM on Monday, July 12th:

Both sides of Randolph from Wacker to Wells
    Both sides of Wacker from Lake to Randolph
    Both sides of Alley behind 155 N. Wacker Dr. from Wacker to Franklin
    Both sides of Franklin From Lake to Washington

The following Street will be posted for “No Parking” from 6:00AM on Sunday July 11th through 5:00AM on Monday July 12th:

West side of Wacker from Randolph to Washington
    North side of Washington from Franklin to Wacker

LaSalle Street will be closed between Randolph to Jackson from 7:00 PM on July 9th through 5:00 AM on July 12th.

Washington will be closed between Wells and Clark from 7:00 PM on July 9th through 5:00AM on July 12th.

Please also note that there will be low flying helicopters in the area on Saturday, July 10th and Sunday July 11th. When the helicopter is in the area there will be “Public Assistants” to redirect any pedestrian or vehicular traffic away from LaSalle Street.

4. marshall dusty

marshall dusty Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    nothing new but just what has been posted on the original post. welcome to chicago, i live in the city and work just east of you, lincoln park.

one of their studios is in the south west side, pilsen/little village where i am and i pass by everyday.

i was there for the dark knight filming, for the chase scene between the joker semi and the swat armored truck. we were just above the filming and had clear site of filming. i also saw on lasalle st when batman flips the semi, but it was the part where the bat cycle was doing drive bys to get different angles and there was a 'batman' or at least in costume walking around....say 100 feet or so. pretty cool. also, during the day non filming, on lower wacker drive they had about 5 batmobiles, a couple uncovered just parked there in plain site, though u couldn't really stop unless you got 'lucky' at the light.

there was a street i forget where some of the GPD squad cars were parked and i was literally leaning on these cars and the joker semi would drive by after a take....on the same street since they weren't filming, it wasn't trully blocked.

5. Tekfreak

sounds awesome. and technically not new, moved from harwood heights and always in the city b4, just nice to live here. I guess my main issue is besides the 7-10am they established for the helicopter scene, just dont know where to watch things on saturday since there are multiple streets being blocked off. guess just need to wander for a lot of hours, since it also doesnt state if they are doing any night scenes, or if they wll be shot during the day or morning

6. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Looks like the trucks that they usually have the cars transported in have arrived:

[​IMG]

7. Fort Max

Fort Max Too many is never enough. Veteran

News Credits:
    Sweet, come on new Ferrari pics!

8. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is it wrong that i'm actually excited to see those trucks?

9. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Not at all Dr.Lee! So how's the hype keeping up with all the news? TFW2005 is a goldmine these days! :D 

10. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    SSH is very quiet.... don't think many over there know filming starts in Chicago tonight... despite my reminding them..... it should get more active when the first pics appear...

surprised we've not heard more already TBH...

11. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Stick around here, this is very the good people are at, specially when it comes to Transformers. I'm really hyped about tonight's filming, it reminds me of the start of filming for ROTF when they shot at Bethlehem steel. Hopefully there's going to be a handful of Autobots/Decepticons vehicles on hand!

12. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Found this picture where the caption says it's from TF3 filming:
    http://yfrog.com/mvsjrrj
    [​IMG]

13. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So characters ride..... or a character.... and what smashed the windscreen?

14. uruseiranma

uruseiranma Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

I was out walking around, and heard some of the crew discussing the filming that will be going on. Supposedly, the building on the right is going to play a pretty big role.

However, since I can't figure out how to put spoiler tags on this board, I don't want to say anymore, as they did mention something about a Transformer.

15. DrLee

DrLee Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    See any vehicles?

16. uruseiranma

News Credits:
    No. There was a crew member who was snacking. I asked him and he said they're still in the warehouse, and won't be out until tomorrow.

I suppose that makes sense, since the crew is prepping for tomorrow's filming.

He did say also that they will have La Salle blocked off for 2 blocks in every direction, so getting close would be almost impossible. Most likely, a large enough blast radius.

[​IMG] - this was interesting: a container of broken glass just waiting to be spilled about.

17. Autobot_Goldbug

Autobot_Goldbug The REAL Goldbug

News Credits:
  18. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits:
    Confirmation, the convertible car i posted might be from either TF3 or a Ron Howard movie shooting in Chicago as well.

Shooting some movie on the Kinzie Bridge in Chicago on Flickr - Photo Sharing!

19. uruseiranma

News Credits:

Now that you mention it, I think that is from the Ron Howard film, Cheaters.

I take the bus to work downtown in the mornings, and saw a vehicle similar to that one along Wacker Dr, waiting for filming a couple weeks ago.

I just hope they got enough clearance on some of the sports cars in TF3. Some of the streets here in Chicago are not exactly 'pristine commercial material,' if you know what I mean.

20. Waveride

Waveride Creative Team

News Credits: