TF3 Malkovich and McDormand Roles Revealed!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Acid Wing, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Sam's first boss? It seems like it could be very interesting, and glad they got great actors for tf3, speaks very well of the movie so far.

2. MrSoundwaveGuy

MrSoundwaveGuy I've made a huge mistake

News Credits:
    John Malkovich is great, so is Frances Mcdormand. So atleast if TF3 ends up being like ROTF they'll be a bright spot

3. Liege Prime

Liege Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The idea of Sam having a boss seems odd to me. Bay and the writers seem to want to keep making Sam out to be a normal guy. First, just a kid getting his first car, then he goes off to college. These normal things become extraordinary when he gets involved with an alien war. Now, of course, he's working. But seriously, after saving the Earth a couple times and having connections to some of the highest levels of power in the world, he's not a normal guy. The only job I could see him having that makes any lick of sense would be to make him an ambassador of alien relations.

My point is that I hope JM's role isn't some a'hole boss he has to deal with "like other normal people in their first jobs". We've gone past the point of Sam's life being normal.

4. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    These are both great actors, hopefully this may mean that Bay wants to "serious up" the 3rd and possibly final TF movie for him and his crew..it would be nice to go out with a no holds barred Final Episodic movie for his Trilogy. Then perhaps we can get over ROTF..a little bit anyway :thumb 

5. DecepticonsRule

DecepticonsRule Triple-Changer

News Credits:
    Interesting...

I would honestly think that people like John Malkovich and Frances McDormand would be too famous for a movie like Transformers. However, it's cool to see that they're adding in actors like that to TF3. Malkovich and McDormand are both great, and I can't wait to see what they'll bring to their roles.

Sam having a boss could be funny. John Malkovich being that boss is even funnier. I wonder where he works, though?

6. aussiehippy

aussiehippy Au contraire, Blackadder.

Ebay:
    Great actors are in rubbish films all the time, they need to earn money and mainstream films can keep them going until the next indie script they like turns up.

I mean, Michael Caine was in Jaws 4. I rest my case.

7. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Well I think that's the whole concept that was set up in ROTF. The fact is that Sam wants to try live a normal life, or as close to one as he can possibly get.

8. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
  9. Noj

Noj Well-Known Member

He could make a good Doctor Archivile.

10. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Maybe Sam goes to work as a photographer for a newspaper because he's the only person that can get pictures of the Transformers. And Malkovich is his cigar-chewing shouty editor boss with a bad flat top haircut and Hitler moustache.

11. Slogra

Slogra Member

The director a coen admirer.... Very disputable. :ev: 

12. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

You know what the sad thing is, I could actually see Bay doing something like that.

13. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

He did in ROTF, but I can't see it being something he's still determined to have in the third film like he was in the second. He's the only character with development in ROTF - and that development was him accepting his destiny and that his fate is tied to the Transformers. It would be backwards character development for him to continue hand wringing about a normal life.

14. Paxtin

Paxtin ...

Perhaps, but honestly I can't see Sam being depicted anyother way. And at the end of ROTF it actually shows him going back to college, pretty much suggesting that he's still going to try and live at least some semblance of a normal life.

15. rmac-69

rmac-69 TF HUNTER

That's K'funny.