TF3 Leader class Megatron (better than ROTF Leader class Megatron?)

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by OmarJT82, Mar 30, 2010.

1. OmarJT82

OmarJT82 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Compare these pics of 2007 Movie and ROTF Leader class Optimus Prime figures in their alternate and robot modes:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Aside from the absence of his cannon and the usual kibble, The ROTF version is more movie-accurate and taller than his 2007 Movie predecessor.

The question that has been buggin' me lately (assuming also that he won't get brand new alternate and robot modes for TF3) is will Hasbro do the same with Megatron:

Make and release a more better, movie-accurate version of ROTF Leader class Megatron for the Transformers 3 toyline.

Preferably one with these additions/improvements:
    • Movie-accurate tank treads.
    • Movie-accurate jet mode wings.
    • A better, movie-accurate tank mode cannon that converts to a better, movie-accurate left hand/arm that can further convert to his cannon/claw in robot mode.
    • Longer ear "horns" on his head.
    • Movie-accurate jet boosters in robot mode.
    • A better, movie-accurate right hand/arm.
    • a better, movie-accurate color scheme of course.

2. Matty

Matty @StayingInTheBox Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    It's definitely a good question and I don't see any immediate reason why they wouldn't improve on his mold, unless his alt mode changes again for TF3.

3. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I don't see why they wouldn't improve him.

He did get his ass handed to him by Prime at the end of RoTF though,... he looked like he'd need some rebuilding after that ass whoopin' to me. Even if he's still a tank I'm willing to bet he's altered at least a little bit. Maybe he'll even get two full-sized arms.

4. AMG

AMG Old School

If he has the same look in TF3 I'm pretty sure they'll improve the mold just like they did for Prime.

5. Prime_Directive

Prime_Directive less than meets the eye

News Credits:
    Yeah, the biggest reason I can see for Megatron being so inaccurate is the loads of revisions his character model went through.

6. MonkeyBusiness

MonkeyBusiness Autobot Engineer

We'll probably never get a truly accurate Movie Megatron. Yeah, he's a core figure, but he's also decidedly alien, and thus very difficult to replicate in terrestrial form. Moreover, the nature of his personality would prevent him from taking an Earth mode, unless it suited his purposes.

All that being said, who knows what Bay has in store for us in TF3.

7. Bumblethumper

Bumblethumper old misery guts

News Credits:
    Shouldn't be hard to top 07 and 09 Megatrons, but I won't be surprised if he gets a dud mold yet again.

I don't really expect it to happen, but I'm hoping they'll find a way to do it as a triple-changer with accurate tank and jet modes.

8. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

If he's selling, what do Hasbro care what mold he takes?

ROTF Prime is a bit of an anomaly - whoever designed him really went above and beyond with that figure.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I would have thought the same, if not for Hasbro doing ground-up (usually) improved reworks of several toys (in the same size class even) of characters that don't really change (much).

Leader Prime: 07->ROTF
    Voyager Starscream: 07->ROTF
    Deluxe Bumblebee: 07/ROTF -> Cannon BB -> HFTD Battle Blade BB
    Deluxe Sideswipe: ROTF -> HFTD 'gun' version
    Voyager Prime: 07/ROTF -> HFTD Battle Blades version

Not to mention remolds and different toy versions of the same character across size classes. I'd guess on a new Megatron toy for TF3 even if the character design doesn't change much, so the engineers can go "I can do better this time" if nothing else.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  10. power3921

power3921 Well-Known Member

Thats why I have been holding off on him. I dont want to spend $40 if there a high chance of a better figure in 2011.

11. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm hoping for a top-notch mold for the third film; they'll have an extra year or so of time to work on it, unlike with RotF. They had extra time to work on RotF Leader Prime (thanks to no alt-mode/design changes) and look what they came up with.

12. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Exactly this.

That's why I'm hoping he doesn't go through any redesigns for the next movie, so that they have more time and reference to use.

13. Midnight

Midnight Nerdicon

If they didn't cheat so much with his movie design, or make his body so broken up and "scrappy" looking.

The second Megs was aight looking though. I don't have him but I wouldn't mind.

14. Xenomrph

Xenomrph Mr. Fix-it

Ebay:
    What are "HTFD"? I don't think I've seen any of those. Are there pictures somewhere?

15. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    Xenomrph, check the "Transformers Movie 2" page in the "RESOURCES" database!

You'll find them all there with pics included!

16. Grimlockprime16

Grimlockprime16 Me Grimlock King!

I'm sure the new movie leader megs will be better it sure can't get much worst lol

17. Rogzilla

Rogzilla Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    The only reason I could see them justifying a new design for Megatron is if they say "He was so damaged, he needed NEW parts." Honestly, I think part of the reason they descided to redesign him was to make him a bit closer to the more traditional Megatron (tank alt mode, fusion cannon on one arm, etc).

I would love to see a new Leader Megatron that was just as awesome as 09's Prime. I am certain it can be done, look at the voyager. Just translate that up and rework the back kibble and I think they would be there.

What would be neat is if they made him a proper triple changer (that is being introduced in the next movie, right?) Maybe he could take his old Jet mode too...or, what if he is like Animated Shockwave, and has two altmodes and two robot modes? One for Megatron, one for Galvatron/Powerup Megatron (if they went that way in the movie)? That would be tight!

18. wildfly

wildfly Lasers, 8 O'Clock, Day 1.

News Credits:
    I'd contend it's no anommaly at all. They clearly, and it seems quite deliberately put more time and effort into Movie 1 Leader Prime than Megatron, and this time round the difference is even greater again.

HFTD rather than HTFD

Hunt For The Decepticons.

19. ThaConqueror

ThaConqueror Rock! Robot Rock!

Did the length of Megatron's ear horns really bug you or something? Or was that just a typo?

In any case, I'd be all for a new Megatron in the flavour of ROTF Prime in terms of ludicrously-more-screen-accurateness. If that sentence makes sense.

20. OmarJT82

News Credits:
    It was a typo! Thank you ThaConqueror for pointing that out and helping me correct it. :thumbs2: