TF3 in 2012: Planet X = Unicron

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SirZap, Jul 5, 2009.

1. SirZap

SirZap Well-Known Member

if it is 5 hours long then go for the Ala-Matrix type cliffhanger where thay can split the movie into 2

2. BrokenSVT

BrokenSVT It's not broken anymore.

I loves me some Unicron/Primus blah blah blah. That being said, I can see a TF3 that includes them; looking like a Spy Kids movie. Sam and Mikaela running across some blue-screen landscape...eww...

3. tehCal

tehCal wherever you are i am not

Replace "most important" with "most re-hashed and over-used".

Unicron began as a ripoff of the Death Star slapped into the context of transforming robots. It worked in 1986, but it killed all the fun of the TV show (which had nothing bigger to go on to) and it has been used way too many times since.

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    I think this idea of bringing in Unicron and his Heralds, and linking them to Mayan and Egyptian mythology, is nothing short of sensational. However, I'm of the opinion that Orci and Kurtzman will fuck it up if they get the job of turning it into a script. It would be best handled by a writer who's knowledgeable about the TF mythos.

5. SirZap

SirZap Well-Known Member

Its like this

Fantastic 4 is to Galactus as to TF is to Unicron

6. Erker

Erker Member

Wow, I really like where you're going with your thoughts. Athough I really think the Annunaki should be the original Primes. If I remember correctly, according to sumeria clay-tablets the annunaki were god-like creatures that helped build the pyramids, etc, exactly like the primes were in RotF. Also, I really like the idea a couple of pages ago of incorporating the Dinobots (Unicron's last visit was when dinosaurs still roamed the earth, no humans). It seems great already.
    Can you imagine a movie like this dropping in 2012, the actual year the maya's predicted these kind of things to happen... One word: wow!

7. SirZap

SirZap Well-Known Member

Yeah! you have a point there... my bad...
    so another alternative would be Nephilims... hybrids of angels/gods and men...
    so in putting this into TF that could mean PRETENDERS? but we already had Alice

anyway, its not perfect but its a start

8. Lurkertron

Lurkertron Rockerbot

I'm loving some of the ideas on this thread.

You could also include the Titanomachy when the "Gods" of Olympus fought their larger and more ancient ancestors the "Titans".

There's a massive Mountain on Mars called Olympus Mons (Mount Olympus) so I suppose that could have been the scene of the ancient battle and you could have City sized Titans fighting without causing too much of a problem on Earth.

The Gods of Olympus could have been normal to large robots (possibly the Primes or something similar) and the Titans can be the likes of Omega Supreme, Trypticon, Maximus etc...

It can all tie into any ancient mythology. Nazca, Annunaki, Olympians, Zoroastrian, Hindhuism...etc.
    They all pretty much have a pantheon of Gods that did battle at some point. Multiple arms, weird heads, fantastical abilties, space faring etc.

Where does Unicron come in? I think the 2012 idea is great. Maybe some accident with Hadron collider opens a Black hole and Unicron comes through. Maybe some herald of Unicron cause the accident. Nemesis Prime? Galvatron? Shockwave?

Maybe only some part of Unicrons spirit or essence gets through before the hole closes but its enough to possess some sort of bot or machine and becomes an Avatar of Unicron. Huge, yet not planet sized.

But I also see no reason why Unicron cant be planet sized or something close. Maybe Unicron is really the Moon and he's been lying dormant for Billions of years. If he is planet sized though, there is no point in him having legs and being humanoid. There is scope to go to town on his design. He is a God after all.

9. Primesfist

Primesfist Well-Known Member

I think a best of 3 decider at chess between Prime and Megs, is the way to go.

10. Mister Gone

Mister Gone Macro-Con

News Credits:
    I was actually writing a fan script for TF3 with Trypticon/Metroplex as the bigness.

11. Erker

Erker Member

That's also a great addition!!! After all, that is what that thing is meant to do: make black holes. Oh man, only imagine a fiklm with all elements in it like described in this post. It would be total mayhem (bayhem?)!!! Apocalypse type action. It really would be a worthy end of a trilogy.

12. SirZap

SirZap Well-Known Member

multiple faces for quintessons

13. Tyrant

Tyrant Zombie

I'd pay money to see a live action Unicron. What's not to love about a giant, planet eating robot in space? It's the stuff of dreams. Might be tricky to get the scale just right and what not, but I think it could be done. The huge, epic battle at the end of the movie would burn out our retinas.

I'd purposefully overshoot the 2012 date though. I imagine there are going to be numerous movies and documentaries about the end of the world that year and I'd rather not see a TFs movie attempting to compete with all that. Especially with the reviews ROTF got.

14. Cyber-Scream

Cyber-Scream Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That's actually a really good idea. I could imagine.

15. Ironhide2005

Ironhide2005 PS3tag=DeaDPooLTFW

News Credits:
    You guys realize no matter how ridiculous it is unicron and primus are gonna show up in the movie universe at some point in some form.

16. Jericho

Jericho Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Why do another movie based around a Transformer who was already on Earth?

I liked the idea of Unicron three years ago, I hate it now. I don't think it could be done any justice in a live-action movie universe.

17. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

That would be awesome, seeing Trypticon and Metroplex in TF-3. That be better than Unicron.

I just don't see them creating a CGI gigantic planet-transforming-robot such as Unicron; I can probably imagine that creating such a CGI robot would be incredibly time-consuming and therefore be too expensive to put into TF-3.

Besides, who says we need to have Unicron in EVERY single Transformers continuity? I didn't see Unicron in Animated, so... if there's really no need for him, then don't put him in the Movie-verse.

18. SirZap

SirZap Well-Known Member

they don't have to compete. they could just complement. those documentaries would just help promote the movie in another way.

19. Nutcrusher

Nutcrusher Decepticon

News Credits:
    Primus was hinted very very subtly in the movie. Why not?

20. super_andylol

super_andylol Member

I actually really like this idea.