TF3- Characters with original VAs

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Shadow25, Jul 16, 2009.

1. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    To date we have had two of the original series voice actors reprise their roles in the films- Peter Cullen as Prime and Frank Welker as Soundwave. Now, out of the included characters who seem to be based directly off of their G1 counterparts (Ironhide, Ratchet, Jazz, Arcee, Megatron, Starscream), only half could have even been voiced by their original voices. Now there is debate over whether or not certain voices would fit certain characters, like Welker as movie Megs (I personally feel Weaving is much more suited). Now, TF3 presents the option to bring in even more fan favorites, so, if classic characters with surviving VAs are included, would or would you not want them to be voiced by their original actor, and why?

Some of my choices-
    Gregg Berger as Grimlock- I think this is too classic of a personality not to be done in full. Whether they go with goofy or stubborn Grimlock, Berger has a perfect voice and I really hope Bay wouldn't think otherwise.

Corey Burton as Shockwave- his voice has not changed much in the two twenty year apart series he has voiced the character in. It's a intelligent voice which retains the logical personality which most Decepticons seem to lack in the movieverse.

Some others-
    Michael Bell was Prowl in G1. I'm not sure how he'd sound now, but my first choice is Jeff Bennet. Love his voice, and the personality he gives to the character.

2. Tkemert20

Tkemert20 「Dojyaaa~n」 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I Completely Agree!

3. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Wielder of the Keyblade

Yeah, if they have Grimlock or Shockwave in TF3, they should have the original actors reprise the roles.

Cory's Shockwave is just.. amazing. Great character in G1, great character in Animated.

And Gregg's Grimlock is also pretty iconic. (David Kaye did a fine job in Animated too)

4. Dran0n

Dran0n Junk male

News Credits:
    Shockwave and Grimlock with original voice actors FTW.

5. Shadow25

Shadow25 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Someone suggested Alan Rickman in another thread. That could really work, though I'm sure Burton is the more readily available option.

6. jonatron26

jonatron26 Well-Known Member

jazz should come back from the dead and should voiced by scatma....... never mind.