2D Artwork: TF3 Blitzwing

Discussion in 'Transformers Fan Art' started by AnnEEm, Jul 22, 2009.

1. AnnEEm

AnnEEm Neutral

[​IMG]

This design is a spin on Animated Blitzwing, but his back story is kind of a combination of both his G1 and Animated counterparts. Sort of. Okay, remember part five of The Five Faces of Darkness when Blitzwing went to Rodimus Prime for help when Galvatron wouldn’t listen to him when he tried to explain that the Quintessons were going to kill all functioning Transformers and when that whole mess was over Galvatron banished Blitzwing from the cons forever and Rodimus offered Blitzwing a place with the Autobots but he respectfully declined? You do? Okay, let’s take it from there.

But first I should probably tell you about how I renamed the three faces to sound a little more, I don’t know, Bay-ish?

[​IMG]
    Icy -> Default[/URL]
    [​IMG]
    Hothead -> Impulse[/URL]
    [​IMG]
    Random -> Jest[/URL]

*Click the links for less choppy versions*

Blitzwing is an invaluable warrior, but because of his condition – the Cybertronian equivalent to Schizophrenia – his mental conflicts would at times cripple his fighting abilities. On occasion, the conflicts between his three personas would cause a system overload and force him into stasis lock. At one point this happened in combat and his fellow Decpticons abandoned him on the battle field, concluding that helping him would be futile as his condition would eventually render him useless. After that battle a group of Autobot scouts by order of commander Elita-One were sent to look for survivors. The only bot they found online was Blitzwing, even though he was still in stasis lock; they brought him back to their commander to be dealt with. After analyzing with the situation, Elita had him reactivated and, with approval from Optimus Prime, offered to get him help with his condition if he defected from the Cons since they abandoned him. All three of Blitzwings personas had different resolves for the situation. Default wanting to thank Elita for her help and carefully consider her offer, Impulse wanting to start shooting up the place because he was surrounded by Autobots and Autobots were the emeny, and Jest wanting to insult them for being foolish enough to reactivate him, shoot up the place, then exact revenge on the cons that abandoned him. Escape was the only option he could agree on, so he calmly thanked Elita and her scouts, panicked and ran away. He fled the planet and the war immediately. This took place not too long before the All Spark was launched into space. That run in with the Autobots was the last anyone heard of him until now. After hearing Optimus Prime’s first transmission from Earth, he made his way to our solar system; he spent two years on Titan debating on weather to accept the invitation - and terrorizing the primitive organic civilization that resided there. After hearing the second transmission, he decided to finally go (and leave the aliens in peace) and see if they would show him residence grace considering he strayed from the cons about 10 000 years ago.

Alt Modes: 2009 German Fourth Generation Eurofighter Typhoon, 1945 German Panzer IV
    Robot Mode Height: Approximately 70 ft – Making him almost half the full height of Devastator (Devs can not stand at full height because of his weight so that’s a bad example), Optimus Prime stands about 2/5 his height (a little less than half). Here is why: Optimus Prime is 28 feet tall, the Panzer is 23 feet long and the Eurofighter is 52 feet long, for the reason that he is a triple changer his mass extends upward, not outward; therefore scale dictates he is very, very tall. But that’s not saying much since in the Transformers universe scale can make him the size on one of the Arcee bikes if it really wanted to.
    He cannot fly in robot mode. His thrusters are in his shoulders and are mounted upside down, so if he were to fly in robot mode he’d have to do it upside down and the exhaust would cook his processor; and trust me with his condition it’s fried enough.

His faces don’t spin around in his head like they do in animated, the faceplates actually shift around and re-shape themselves to create the other faces. I can imagine that there have been many cases where the conflicting personas have gotten stuck in mid-shifting. Also, because of the constant shifting, none of then can ever fully close their mouths.

The markings on his helm say “Split Mind” in Beast Era Predicon Cybertronix and the markings on his wings say “Triptych”, also in Beast Era Predicon Cybertronix. A triptych, incase anyone is wondering, is a painting or a piece of art laid out over three panels. Now, I know Blitzwing may not be a work of art, but he is definitely a piece of work.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2009
  2. The Bucket Kitten

The Bucket Kitten Meow... TFW2005 Supporter

Nice work.
    The random/jest head is creepy.

3. AnnEEm

AnnEEm Neutral

Thanks, creepy was what I was going for :) 

4. mentat_emre

mentat_emre Well-Known Member

feet look like high heel shoe. Is your version of blitzwing female?

5. realCliffjumper

realCliffjumper Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I love what you did with the faces!

6. Kaymac

Kaymac I'M REALLY FEELIN' IT!

That's so cool. Blitzwing's one of my favourite characters and I've been talking to my friends a lot about his roll in TF3. He is a very nice idea for a character, and the faces are very creepy and awesome.

7. AnnEEm

AnnEEm Neutral

K, so I added size comparison. I'll also be adding a transformation sequence in a day of so.

8. Gozer-Bot

Gozer-Bot Banned

Really great touch with the animation, brah.

9. Vexza

Vexza Nerdicon

Wow, you put a lot of good work into this! I love it! ^^

And Jest is kinda scary. xP

10. Spin-Out

Spin-Out Are you afraid of the dark?

I like this. Jest face is really terrifying, though.

OOOH, AND HE'S GOT NICE, SHINY TEETHS! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!

11. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:
    Now that this is moved to the Fan Art section, please attach your images, ok?

12. Optimus-wave

Optimus-wave A.K.A. Omega-Wave

dude these are wonderful and the animations just seal it! brilliant job, but his arms are a bit short though ...

13. Zarscream

Zarscream Well-Known Member

I Like his Jest head..... reminds my of a pirana ^^ :lol 

14. Superquad7

Superquad7 We're only human. Super Mod

News Credits:
    I attached the images to confirm with the Radicons Guidelines and Etiquette as well as removed the hyperlinks directing off site as per Rule #7.

15. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    a couple things, I really like the design, especially the faces and the choice of alt modes. I don't really like how much bigger he is compared to Prime but it's not a biggie. Also as mentioned before in the thread it he seems kinda feminine with the skinnier legs and whatnot. Besides those things I like this design a lot as the Animated Blitzwing is WIN

16. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    This is the first time I've seen a truly convincing Blitzwing movieverse design. Kudos. And well done on the facial gifs.

17. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    The random face is so darn creepy. Nice work.

18. ironarm

ironarm SHALL RETURN IN NOVEMBER

a little too tall but still awesome

19. Belgrath

Belgrath Boom! Nutshot!

Awesome Bayformer take on Animated Blitzwing. :thumb 

20. Moy

Moy Constructicons!

News Credits:
    hey, that man next to blitz is too big. Anyway, nice work.