tf2 with g.i. joe members scene?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by krade, Apr 19, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. krade

krade Well-Known Member

what would you think of a short scene in tf2,where the autobot would meet a few members of the g.i.joe team from the upcoming movie,some kind of crossover.they could meet with duke or hawk or deception meet the baronness.

they've done something that way in the new hulk

2. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I wouldn't be completely against it as long as it were properly executed.

3. mblase

mblase Well-Known Member

One word: *SQUISH*

Let's face it, there's never been any sense in putting Transformers and G.I. Joe in the same story except for marketing purposes. Where's the overlap? Cobra's ultimate goal is to take over the planet, and Megatron's ultimate goal is to suck its resources dry. And there's no vehicle either G.I. Joe or Cobra has that a Transformer can't scan and improve upon.

4. atomicthumbs

atomicthumbs Bots > Savings Acct

Exactly! Wouldn't that be a good thing too?! At the expense of posting the same thing in two threads, I'll quote myself:

Sure, a great story arc would be ideal - though I'd be fine with a shameless cameo as an excuse to get the marketing wheel spinning.

5. sixshot2K

sixshot2K Soundwave is #1!

Fail I saw no GI joes just Transformers!

6. krade

krade Well-Known Member

it just could be a scene where theyre no direct mention of g.i. joe

a scene like this:

agent simmons:
    optimus,let me introduce you to general hawk.he lead a special team newly create against international threat

optimus prime
    does it included decepticon,general?

hawk
    absolutely,theyre always some kind of terrorist organisation that could use them against us.

optimus prime
    i can see the day we'll have to work together,general....
    wheres bumblebee?

bumblebee
    is your outfit the same stuff as my seat?is that a crossbow?

7. RedWolf

RedWolf Well-Known Member

Bumblebee: Oh no... Not again! *kaboom/splat/goes offline*

8. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Maybe Scarlett or Lady J could fall in love with Ironhide and Snake-eyes would get jealous, and then Megatron could use that to get the last fragment of the All-spark!?!?!!?

Oh wait, but then I bet Starscream'd be up to his old tricks again!!

9. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    Hell......NO!!!!

I like Joe, but not with TFs.

10. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Eh, I'd just have a newspaper with a headline that somehow ties into their movie. Something like "Terrorist Plot Foiled" and a picture of Duke or Flint. Maybe a reference to one of the civilian names in a roll call, or an aircraft carrier named USS Flagg. Nothing so obvious as "hey look it's GI Joe", but in there like the Furby truck and My Little Pony were in the first one.

11. Superion33

Superion33 Banned

Dude! Shhhhhh! That plot could be stolen by TF2's script writers. Be careful about posting that stuff online, you won't get any credit for it now. Thats better than what the script writers could come up with and now they're gonna steal it...

12. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

No, no, no ... what's going to happen is Chris Eccleston (Destro/the ninth Doctor) is going to wander past the camera, in a leather coat and smile at the camera with a wave.

Is he Destro? The Doctor? Claude from Heroes? Chris Eccelston, jobbing actor?
    LET THE FAN FIGHT BEGIN!

13. ErechOveraker

ErechOveraker I'm with Plowking.

News Credits:
    Well in my fan-fiction Destro IS the Doctor AND the son of Unicron, so hopefully if Hasbro or Bay steals that, they have better lawyers than me!

14. Chaos Prime

Chaos Prime Combaticon

I wouldn't mind it either since I love crossovers. However the words 'properly executed' are not the first words that pop into my head when I think of the Transformers movie. So it might be best to leave G.I. Joe out of it.

15. Dolza_Khyron

Dolza_Khyron Well-Known Member

if you are going to do a crossover movie, have it animated lol

but i wouldn't mind a cameo, that's fine. as long as it's quick.

they could just be standing in the back ground lol or drinking coffee or something, that'll be fine.

anything more then a brief cameo, and it should be a small animated movie or something, NOT a full budget film lol!

put gi joe cameos in animated lol i think it'd fit better.

16. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    I think it's a matter of time until we see the Transformers/GI Joe crossover movie. I would love to see that hppening. The main problem is, that the Gi Joe story is set in 10 years from now, so the transformers actors can't be involved in the crossover.

Also, Habsro at this point wants to keep both franchises separated, there's no point in making a crossover now, hopefully in a few years.

17. Max-prime

Max-prime Supreme-Commander

News Credits:
    I can see it happening especailly if the JOE movie takes off like the TFTM did ... they work well together Giant Robots and Elite Military teams almost seems destined. I would like it to be a totally different movie though not tied into either of the stand alones pretty much there own universe where a new story can be brought in.

18. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    Before the first movie came out, I was hoping that there would be cameos. Given all the military scenes, there coulda been a Duke, or better yet- Scarlett look-alike just standing in a random scene (even going as far as watching all the other soldiers running around (either in the first scene or the blackout/virus scene) and being cool, just turning and walking away in with a purpose....or something to that affect...). Macfarlane did it pretty well when Angela, Sam and Twitch made cameos in Spawn.

19. GENOZAUR

GENOZAUR Banned

how would it have gone over at the time if the first movie had at some point a pentagon scene in which one of the high ranking generals was referred to as either general hawk or general flagg

i actually think it would have been interesting to have seen both fanbases reaction to the scene if only because of the debate over weather or not the whole scene was intentonal or just a passing referance at the time

20. Lion

Lion Will bite you!

Ebay:
    I think it would have been cool, and I don't think anyone would call it an accident that the name hawk or flagg were used. It would be a great nod and wouldn't have to go into super detail...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.