Tf2 viral campaign???

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by MegaHavok, Jul 20, 2008.

1. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    So my buddy pursued the dark knight viral campaign nonstop and last week we was rewarded with a link to sign up for an exclusive screening of the dark knight. Thanks to his hard work about 6 of us saw the movie early and for free!!!!

The reason i'm posting this is has anybody heard about anything like this for TF2. I know we had stop sector seven last time around but I dont think it had that kind of pay off.

2. Primus

Primus Beware, the modelers. Veteran

News Credits:
    I would love to see it but I think Bob Orci said they weren't planning on doing ARG's and the like for TF2.

3. nkelsch

nkelsch Do you know this Icon? TFW2005 Supporter

Considering last year they opened the viewing to the public tuesday @ 8PM, I don't think there was much time for free showings.

Batman held firm to Midnight which is unheard of. Most other big films let it slip out early. Batman is going to crush the records with good data, not this tuesday at 8pm junk.

I hope there is some neat internet stuff but I wouldn't count on anything like what I saw for batman. That cake with a cellphone stuff was unreal.

4. Optimus Prime

Optimus Prime Roll out! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Myself and Methusalen both got 2 full-size movie posters signed by Peter Cullen (one with a regular signature, one with a personal message). They're worth quite a bit if eBay is anything to go by. And we got Bee-Otch air fresheners. That's a pretty good payoff if you ask me. :D 
    I really hope they do another viral campaign, the Sector Seven one was fun!

5. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    Viral marketing sucks, and they went over the top with the dark knight, everything they made was viral and I was sick of it.

However, done right, it could be a great experience, like discovering the robot designs, finding out more about some decepticons fate (barricade, starscream), some human bios, etc. They could take Clvoerfield as a model, it had the best viral marketing campaign I've ever seen.

6. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats cool, I honestly couldnt remember anything but the air freshner thing rings a bell.

Just out of curiosity how do you get sick of something that if your not participating you miss out on completely ? I'm assuming you mean it required too much effort? I honestly have no frame of reference as I have never participated in anything like that. I think I only went to the sector seven site once.

Also who would be they? Are viral campaigns done by third party comapnies or inhouse?