TF2 Scouts

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by SilverDragon, May 18, 2008.

1. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    Considering what they did with the movie line and re-released several Energon and Cybertron basic toys, do you think they would do it again? Personally, I think they would, since a Movie Activator (like the Animated ones) would be hard to do without making the figure look totally different from their movie design.

Considering the comments Bay made about 'different species' of Transformers appearing in TF2, I think there's a fair chance the Energon/Cybertron basics with beast-modes (principally the Terrorcons) might get redecoed somehow. Not sure about the others, though.

2. MegaHavok

MegaHavok Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Are you talking about an exclusive line or the main scout price point?

I highly doubt real gears will be back, despite being awesome they didn't match the look of the line and peg warmed.

I would like to see a scout line that intergrated with the main line again. Just smaller vehicles. Mortycycles, quads, small construction equipment like forklifts, those drone planes like in MI:3. I'm sure bay could find cool military gadgets like that. Hell I would by a transforming golf cart named Forearm

3. SilverDragon

SilverDragon YEAH TOAST!

News Credits:
    *bump*

I'm talking about the main scout price point, which for the movie, as I said, they simply repainted some Energon and Cybertron scouts in more normal colours.

I admit the real gears were interesting, but they didn't really capture my attention. It was mostly because I didn't find their alt modes very interesting.

Hmm, yeah, that would be interesting, to see actual movie scouts, rather than repaints of previous stuff (specially since the gimmicks clashed with the line-cyber planet keys, principally), but I think Hasbro would probably go for the cheaper option (repaints) because they could have done the same for the first movie, but chose not to.

(Plus I'm just wanting rereleases of some of the E/C scouts)