TF2:ROTF - Scout - Delaserbendour (Pretty Little Red Car)

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by Vangelus, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Vangelus

Vangelus Long Live the New Flesh Moderator Content Contributor

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]

Pretty Little Red Car Mode
    He is a pretty little red car. He is a tiny rocket of speed forged in the avian demonfires of the seventh circle.

[​IMG]

And thanks to his transformation, he kinda has a working trunk!

[​IMG]

Transformation
    Fairly finnicky. He has a major automorph in his torso that requires parts-clearance before you can do it, and there are a -lot- of moving bits in his legs/feet transformation too. Definitely do not apply force on this toy, it looks like it could break if mistreated roughly.

Demented Birdman Robot Mode
    This guy looks like an evil bird that hollowed out a man and took his body as its own.

[​IMG]

He's -definitely- a characterful sculpt. And I do really like his splayed hand sculpt (with balljointed wrists!).

[​IMG]

The only major problem I have with him is a lack of locking pieces. His shoulders kind of swing freely, and the shin parts don't really click into place. This means parts can shuffle fairly easily.

Overall Thoughts

If you're not looking to pick up all the scouts we've seen so far, this would be a guy to skip. His botmode instability is noticable enough to bring up as a knock against him, and the lack of a head swivel is also a bit of a shame (though he -can- look up and down).

However, if you're a fan with lots of pocket cash, then go for him. While a lot of stuff doesn't lock into place in robot mode, it's hardly swinging around like a ragdoll. Also, his wrist balljoints and up-and-down neck joint can make for a lot of really characterful posing, along with his very unique aesthetic.

[​IMG]

• News Credit News Credit x 1
  2. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beware the evil union of forklift and pretty little red car.

[​IMG]

3. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Cool! Me likey.

Thoughts:
    - Headsculpt reminds me of TM Airazor.
    - Looks like his palms have 5-mm sockets for borrowing other TFs' accessories, no?
    - I'm digging the sculpt for the wheels, and REALLY like the fact that the inner wheel portions visible in the shoulder wings have lots of detail and are painted!

Thanks, Vang!

4. G1Wheeljack

G1Wheeljack Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Trunk feature's very nice, Delaserbendour will be mine.

5. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome, I don't think I'll pick him up though

6. MekaGojira3k

MekaGojira3k Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'm digging the airrazor-like face people have mentioned. This, scrapper/dirtboss, and the boat will definitely be purchased upon release

7. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  8. Paxtin

Paxtin Why am I here?

I may pick him up when he comes out. I kind of realy dig his character design. Though the car-mode kind of struck me as a bit odd.
    It's almost like he has an Animated alt-mode, and a Movie robot-mode.

9. 0R10N P4X

0R10N P4X Banned

News Credits:
    I got one and I don't agree. Even if the shoulders are technically free to move, the joints are tight enough so they will stay in place.

10. Omega Charge

Omega Charge Prepare for trouble...

News Credits:
    So he's a chompa-face?

11. Magnimus

Magnimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    You crack me up, Vangelus.

12. Bahamut Prime

Bahamut Prime Even Kaiba supports 'em!

Looks cool! Especially the head the claws! And the amusing guitar crossover bit!

13. IronhidePrime

IronhidePrime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    is his name really Delaserbendour?

14. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yes.

Really.

15. lastmaximal

lastmaximal Hellspark

News Credits:
    odd request: is there any way his head can be swapped out for Cyb Ransack's?

16. Vangelus

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm up too late and in a weird mood, so I shot a video-review-related for each of the scouts.

[​IMG]
    The Loss of Family...

17. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Nice review. For scouts these are better than real gears I guess.

18. Philister

Philister Teutonicons Rising!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    [​IMG]
    For more pics, click on the image above

Prelude: First of all, many thanks to LimeWire for loaning me this little guy here (and quite a few others, more to come) for this review. And second, the final name of this toy is still not quite certain, but most sources agree that he'll be called Dead End, not Detour as I originally thought, so I changed the pics and title accordingly. And now, on with the review.

Robot Mode: An incredibly spry and bouncy-looking robot we have here. I'm not sure why, but the very first pose I put him into after I transformed him was the one used for the image map above. Arms apart, head thrown back, and laughing. Okay, he doesn't have a mouth, but you can just picture him, can't you? A really evil laugh like "BWUAH HA HA HA HA!!" I just love this little guy's look. He looks small and mean. I especially like his hands and his very nicely detailed chest. Looking great, little buddy.

In terms of posability, though, there are some minor drawbacks to Dead End. While he has balljoints and is therefor very posable, there are some limitations. Because of the way his torso is put together you can hardly bend his legs forward at the waist, limiting his ability to pose dynamically. Also, he can't turn his head, only move it up or down (and that's just because of the transformation). Apart from that, though, very posable. A bendy little guy.

All in all a great-looking robot. If they'd gotten the leg thing right he'd be pretty much perfect.

Alternate Mode: Dead End transforms into a little red sports car that for some unfortunate reason reminds me a bit of G1 Wheelie. The car looks much better, though, and is very nicely detailed for its size class. Especially the rear part, where you can see the engine. The wheels are also very finely sculpted. So all in all a great car mode.

Some words on the transformation, though: When transforming Dead End, make sure to first pull back the little plates forming the hood before reshaping the rest of the legs. Otherwise they're liable to snap off. Also, Dead End features a nice Automorph feature (called Mech Alive in Revenge of the Fallen) where you pull back the car's rear and automatically flip out the head. Nicely done.

Remarks:
    Dead End (the Decepticon formerly known as Detour) is among the first wave of Revenge of the Fallen Scout-class toys that have started appearing on ebay and via other sources. Thankfully fellow TF-Fan Limewire snatched one up and loaned him out in order for me to do this review. He's among the first four ROTF figures I've actually held in hand and he's a major candidate for being my favourite so far. If only they'd made the leg/hip thing work better... Still, a very nice little toy. With the movie still being months away now I don't have any idea, of course, what role (if any) Dead End will play in it, but judging him purely from a toy perspective: He's good. Real good. So you might wanna get him once he hits the stores.

Rating: B+

19. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    pretty sweet looking

20. Jeremy.B

Jeremy.B Formerly Leader Blackout TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    These scouts are great! Waaaay better than real gears, and the molds are great. Fairly simple transformation - except for Dead End. He is a bit tough.

Scrapper, Knockout, and the armored/delivery truck are all part of my collection, and very cool toys. Can't wait to get more of the scouts.