TF2 ROTF and Jessie Jackson.....

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Desolate 1, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Desolate 1

Desolate 1 Active Member

[FOR THE RECORD] - I am African American (so this post doesn't sound like a white guy that's being racist).....
    Hahahhahahhahah! I'm still waiting to read about the info (1st probably from TMZ) where Jessie Jackson cites his "comments" about Skidz and Mudflap; Gold teeth, "ghetto speech patterns", and the inability to read...hahahahahaha! When I saw this in the movie, I couldn't stop laughing, and WHITE people were turning around, looking at me like I'd lost my mind. I'm sorry, but that sh*t was FUNNY to me. Bay made the twins more stereotypically "ignorant" than many HUMAN characters I've seen in movies! Personally, I found that sh*t HIGHLY amusing, but I can also envision the "hair trigger" reactions from many "black power" reactionaries out there. It's only a matter of time before some one from the BLACK celebrity arena has something [politically based] to say about those 2 characters, but I personally found them funny as all get out, and I'M black!

2. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    What?

3. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    robots with certain characteristics does not = black, white, asian, or ANYTHING

its the people saying that they do who are the racist, they are the ones stereotyping them.

4. red4

red4 Banned

I'm latino, and didn't give two shits about Leo's "stereotyped" latino behavior.

5. Desolate 1

Desolate 1 Active Member

Gold teeth, inability to read...how many races of people do you know of that put gold caps over theier teeth? Please cite, with CREDIBLE examples.....

6. Tommybg2003

News Credits:
    how many races of people do you know with the inability to read?

7. Tommybg2003

News Credits:
    [​IMG]
    gee that was first result just from searching for gold tooth

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Shouldn't Jesse be getting back to comforting the Michael Jackson family? Leave the silly robit movie be?

oops, misread your post. Sorry, just woke up. No dude, everyone I've seen (so far) who's been thinking too hard about this ish is white as hell! :p 

9. Reaper2006

Reaper2006 Elite Sniper

Tommy wins this round with the picture post.

10. TranstechCat

TranstechCat Cybernetic Chimpanzee

My grandmother used to tell me a story about taking my Dad (who was a kid at the time) to see "Blazing Saddles" in the theater.

They went to a theater in a predominately African-American part of town, and were the only white people there. (Side note: Why is "White People" ok but "Black People" is not? :wtf: ) Que major awkwardness until every human being in the theater cracked up at the "racist" humor.

"Racial" humor is a far cry from "Racist" humor. Things are only as "offensive" as one makes them out to be. Though maybe I, as a white guy, can't make such a comment? :peoples: 

And I agree that The Twins aren't necessarily "Black" stereotypes, but rather "Street/Ghetto/Gangsta Wannabe" stereotypes.

11. thenatureboywoo

thenatureboywoo Veteran

News Credits:
    I thought their heads gave them a "backwood's inbred" kind of look.

12. deathonacracker

deathonacracker Decepticrumb

Ebay:
    you don't get around much do you?

just look ANYWHERE on the Internet. there are plenty of examples of how this trend has spanned the globe.

13. Coolyfett

Coolyfett Well-Known Member

Bay likes No - 2005 Staff so Al Sharpton should not have any problems. Bill Cosby said its an embarrassment though. HEY HEY HEY!