Tf2 Plotholes

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SamWitwickyGirl, Nov 4, 2011.

1. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    Everyone whines and says "oh there are plotholes in TF2" so, post them here, and ill "shoot down" the plotholes. Im good with these, and ill explain it so they arent plotholes anymore! start the list! it is in fact a plothole-less movie. No plotholes what so ever according to me. oh and feel free to add TF1 ones here too. Ill shoot them down as well.

-Ashley :) 

Plothole# 1 (written below) Makaela had the allspark fragment so couldnt she have revived optimus with it? the decepticons did it with megatron so why not? she was there too with leo when they picked up sam after the forest fight.
    explain.

Answer #1
    Simply because optimus is a prime! the shard does not have enough power to reactivate a prime leader, like optimus. And also, it shows the shard only transforming technology into decepticons!

Plothole #2:
    The US Military should've just shot the Harvester with the Railgun used to take down Devy.

Answer #2
    Okay, this is why they didnt use the railgun. BECAUSE THEY DIDNT KNOW WHAT THE HELL TO DO WITH THE MACHINE! its like , "what do we do? if we shoot at it will the thing blow up? will it destroy the sun out of our own mistakes?" thats why back in the day the eqyptians didnt bother touching it and probally built a pyramid around it. think: what if they tried to destroy it and shoot at it it and it blew up the sun!? who knows what could be activated with the machine?
    so when optimus was revived he knew EXACTLY WHAT TO DO. Because of the matrix or prior knowledge or something. hes a transformer and a PRIME he knows what to do with this kind of technology so BAM! he destroyed it VERY quickly! :) 

2. bonycrushy345

bonycrushy345 Well-Known Member

Makaela had the allspark fragment so couldnt she have revived optimus with it? the decepticons did it with megatron so why not? she was there too with leo when they picked up sam after the forest fight.
    explain.

3. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    Simply because optimus is a prime! the shard does not have enough power to reactivate a prime leader, like optimus. And also, isnt it so that the shard only brings to life dcons in the film?

4. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    the allspark doesnt bring cons only, they jsut bring life to ferral and wild transformers and ressurect dead bots

5. zark225

zark225 The Day Fukr

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I took it as they were never near Optimus after he died. After the forest battle the autobots rushed them the hell outta there after Prime died. After that they have to hide because of being wanted, then find Jetfire, then get teleported to Egypt! Granted they should have actually mentioned it since they used it on Jetfire, but once Sam had his mind set on the Matrix, and since it was so important in the first place, it was put first.

6. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    yeah that could be too. But the matrix was the only thing that could bring back Optimus Prime. that's the reason why they went on a long journey looking for it after Jetfire spoke to them.

ANY OTHERS?

7. Bountyan

Bountyan Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Mikaela was never wanted. I don't see why she couldn't just pass it off to the military or something.

And you want plotholes? How about Mikaela somehow getting past airport security with a screaming metal alien in one of her bags, and then getting to where Sam is in an extremely short amount of time?

8. Infiltrait0rN7

Infiltrait0rN7 Deceptibot

News Credits:
    Actually, they went on the long journey to find someone who could read the symbols in Sam's head (Which ended up being Jetfire) The Matrix stuff came after Jetfire told them about the sun harvester. But even then it was about stopping the Decepticons from using the harvester and ressurecting Prime (since Mikaela's shard was already used on Jetfire at this point.) so he can defeat The Fallen.

9. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    yeah i know. but after all that they had to FIND the matrix. they had to travel to that petra place. it was a long part of the journey too.

10. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    Okay, that's a good one =D well, that was far fetched. he thought mikaela was hot so he let her go. i mean, thats what it looked like, he was flirting with her. which stuff like that is exagerated. but thats not a MAJOR plothole. Im talking about the ones that people thought made the movie horrible and non understandable. and besides, she kicked the box making Wheelie shut up, and the world didnt know about autobots yet, so they didnt have energon detectors or anything. but yeah youre right. thats far fetched.

11. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:

12. Infiltrait0rN7

News Credits:
    I am aware of that. My point is that they still could have resurrected Optimus with the shard, instead of using it on Jetfire. But then again, they wouldn't have learned of the sun harvester if they used it on Optimus.

13. decepticon2020

decepticon2020 Best there is @ what I do

The AllSpark shard didn't revive Megatron and Jetfire. First of all, Jetfire wasn't dead. His spark was still there. He basically went into a "pause" mode, but all the AllSpark shard did was reactivate him. As for Megatron, it did also reactivate him, but Scalpel had put parts on him already, and it is POSSIBLE that they used Scrapper's spark and implanted it into Megatron's spark compartment. Then, all they did was re-power the spark with the shard. Even in TF1, the AllSpark was only turning normal machines into robots, but it was never really portrayed as a tool of reviving dead Transformers. That is the Matrix's job, even though in TF3 Sentinel was just like Jetfire. He wasn't dead, so it doesn't really count as a resurrection. He was just reactivated. Besides, they needed to revive Jetfire before Optimus, cuz he was the one who told them where the Sun Harvester and Matrix of Leadership were. If they had revived Optimus (which I doubt would have been possible, as I stated above), they would have never known where, how and when to stop The Fallen.

14. soundwaverulls

soundwaverulls Well-Known Member

Sam and Leo only found out they were wanted a while after Optimus died. Why didn't they go back to the NEST base in that time? It would be a lot safer than in an some street.

15. Fifam94

Fifam94 GO AIR FORCE

Yeah, i've got one. The US Military should've just shot the Harvester with the Railgun used to take down Devy.

16. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    No it wouldnt. BECAUSE there were detectors EVERYWHERE looking for him. Also, even though NEST are friends and allies of Sam, other government people traveled with them INCLUDING GALLOWAY-THE JERK.

17. Infiltrait0rN7

News Credits:
    Yeah Jetfire was in stasis, but with Megatron, if you count the novels, the way they explained it was indeed more like his spark being reactivated but more in the terms of like defibrillating a human. I don't think Scrapper's spark played a part in that...

18. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    just because the railgun had enough power to shoot down DEVS does NOT mean that a railgun has enough power to destroy a machine that can destroy A SUN!?!? think how much energy and heat the sun has...thats not a job for human weaponry. thats a job for cybertronian, super advanced weaponry!

19. eagc7

eagc7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Google+:
    YouTube:
    (i know samwitwickygirl is gonig to explain the plotholes but i will explain this one)

despite i dont consider the adaptations actual canon, i do think certain things depeicted in the adaptations, the novel shows that mikaela said to the airport guys that her begs had expensive tools and usch and they will look weird in the X-Rays examinations

20. SamWitwickyGirl

SamWitwickyGirl Banned

News Credits:
    No its okay. feel free to join in with shooting down these plotholes :)  I don't mind :)  We can explain them together. anyone else who wants to join in, jump right in! :)