TF2 losing number 1 earnings spot for 2009

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Repainted, Aug 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Repainted

Repainted Well-Known Member

Saw the latest charts at boxofficemojo and yeah, TF2 has Potter beat by only $2.9 million now. ROTF passed Independence Day on it's way up the worldwide charts this weekend, but they won't be alone in doing so it seems. The sad part for me was going (admittingly for the 8th time) with my g/f to ROTF (and her 3rd) and we were the only 2 people in the theatre. Seriously. I know people were high on G.I. Joe, but that's pretty much a new record for fewest people in any theater for me.

In all, hate to see ROTF and TFs in general lose out to the same British fairy...again (last Potter film made more than 2007 TF film in global gross), but I sort of knew it was coming. I'd like to think battling bots fighting like nothing else out there can be beat little wizard boys and their enchantments. Don't like seemingly British exclusive Wizard of Oz rip-offs getting that much praise, but if a blatent Simpsons rip off like Family Guy can get away with it's crimes, I suppose that's the world we live in.

I know I'm ranting and moaning, I just wanted TFs to win out really big and noticably this year. This franchise has come a long way from near death in the early 90's. If for nothing else, I don't even think another film will come close to TF2 in the U.S. charts. Unlike the 2007 TF film, we're not losing out to a bunch of 3 peats (Pirates, Shrek, and Spiderman).

2. Peter Cullen91

Peter Cullen91 Well-Known Member

potter always owns worldwide, nothing we can do about it. besides, rotf is in the top 10 all-time domestic box office (way ahead of any harry potter), so I'm satisfied.

3. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    TF dominates Harry Potter domestically, HP was always going to win Worldwide. The rest of the world goes apeshit for Harry Potter for some reason so that's of no concern

It will still be the biggest movie of the year because they always go with the domestic box office gross.

4. megatronkicksas

megatronkicksas Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the hell? that sucks

5. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Don't eat me

News Credits:
    HAlf-Blood Prince was a better movie anyway, so I'm not complaining.

6. TUROK1134

TUROK1134 Well-Known Member

This doesn't take away from the fact that TF2 made a lot of money, so it's fine.

7. Peter Cullen91

Peter Cullen91 Well-Known Member

seriously? half-blood prince was the worst Harry potter movie ever! The order of phoenix was 1000 times better. obviously if I was to compare crappy HP6 and rotf, it's definitely rotf, which thankfully beat HP6 in America. Besides what harry potter movie doesn't dominate overseas?

8. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Cool story, bro.

9. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

"British fairy"? Could you explain what you mean by that? I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt in assuming you weren't just tossing a homophobic insult around.

Oh, and this "Wizard of Oz ripoff" crap is getting old as well. Especially as Oz was a ripoff of Alice in Wonderland. Bloody hell, you'd think if someone was going to try and throw accusations of plagarism around, they'd take a few moments to think it through.

10. Spoon

Spoon Banned

You're my British fairy, Sledge.
    ROTF might've been good if they decided to rip off something that wasn't every other film Bay has made.

11. Recall

Recall Player Select

News Credits:
    Yes because clearly $700m isn't enough. I think everyone has seen it now so isn't a decrease expected or am I too sane to expect that?

12. Kickback

Kickback Proud father Administrator Super Mod News Staff

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Tumblr:
    I love how every thread turns in to "Here's some news about ROTF" and it gets turned in to "My ass was a better movie than ROTF".

Shut up.

13. McBradders

McBradders James Franco Club! Moderator

Your ass was the best movie I've ever seen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.