TF2 disappointments

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Grifter Prime, Jun 27, 2009.

1. Grifter Prime

Grifter Prime Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Saw the movie on opening night, me, the wife and our 3 kids (10,11 and 13). Now we enjoyed the first movie very much, even my wife liked it!! This time tho, I am impressed with the story, fight with the fallen should have been longer and more dramatic, CGI was awesome, but there was one major thing that bothered me the most. The language was terrible!!! Not just the language but the dogs too. (you know the scene!) Kids don't need to see that! I found the language and certain frames very offensive. I don't know why Sam's mom has to be such a foul mouthed person.

As a parent, and I know your hear too, I don't want my kids to hear that on the big screen! There are LOTS of movies that have never used or had MAYBE one or two lesser swear words in them that made the movie enjoyable to watch! (e.g. - Star Wars or Indiana Jones) Micheal Bay needs to pay attention to what he's doing. Hasbro should scold him for these things if he want to do another movie. This would have been way better to watch had these thing not been in the movie! Disappointing.

Other than that, a good movie. Could have been better.

Sorry Mr. Bay.

Your thoughts?

2. NGW

NGW Rawr

News Credits:
    It's a PG13 movie, I don't see why people seem so bothered by it having PG13 content >_>

3. ILoveDinobot

ILoveDinobot Arise Rodimus Prime

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    True, movies have ratings for a reason. Your kids were under 13. I hope your sons already knew what scrotums were, if you have all daughters then ehh they would learn soon enough. I think I was in 6th grade when I first heard the term, as I was flipping through a science book in the library with some friends. I mean I knew what balls were already by the time I was like 7.

4. Soundwave784

Soundwave784 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree, dont take your family to see a PG-13 movie unless you want to see PG-13 content

5. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    My biggest disappointment so far has been the hourly addition of new threads. There is no reason this couldn't have gone in the official "seen it!" thread.

6. iamamachine

iamamachine colonyofcells

News Credits:
    Kids should learn about the dogs, Wheelie and Mikaela as early as possible.

7. Grifter Prime

News Credits:
    I understand what most of you are saying. However, there are lots of parent out there that hope it isn't that bad, as I was hoping. I don't mind the occasional comment but it was a bit much. Also when you have kids that really want to see this cause thay love the toys and cartoons, that also a let-down a bit.

8. Barricade24

Barricade24 Decepticop Artist

News Credits:
    Onestly it was more of parody of transformers mostly devestators balls and wheelie humping. Since when did Transformers do that. I did like bumblebee trying to get rid of alice though.

9. Grifter Prime

News Credits:
    That too, as a parent I don't need my kids to see that, i mean get real! Bee getting rid of Alice was funny!

10. Vince

Vince Decepticon

News Credits:
    The movie in its entirety was a disapointment. Sam's mother was a freaking annoying pain in the ass.

Once again the majority of the Decepticons are just nameless mute grunts. Sorry but I came to this movie expecting to see more done on the character development side of things for the robots, unfortunately I was met with a number of moronic scenes involving the human characters.

Why am I being forced to endure 5-10 minutes of Sam's mother acting like a moron? Or Sam and Mikaela talking about how their relationship is going? Or Sam's idiotic roomate babbling about nothing?

11. StarSaber79

StarSaber79 Banned

News Credits:
    Yes but I don't think anyone gives a crap. There where so many kids when I saw it today! There was a whole bunch of little maybe 6 years olds there seeing it for a birthday party.

12. TankRizzo

TankRizzo Well-Known Member

Someone should probably tell this to Bay then.

Bay quotes about the twins:

"I purely did it for kids"

and

"Young kids love these robots, because it makes it more accessible to them."

13. SuzyPrime

SuzyPrime The friendly lurker

^This guy. Why make a movie like this, and then fill it with stuff that isn't suitable for the supposed kid audience he wants to attract?

I loved the movie, but the sexual humor/sight gags were over the top. It was the verbal equivalent of having a man's crotch shoved into my face every ten minutes. Maybe one or two jokes like the first movie, but every ten minutes?

14. Grifter Prime

News Credits:
    Totally agree!!

15. HuricanBlue

HuricanBlue Nerd Slayer

It's 2009. If you parents out there want to keep your children sheltered in the basement away from the world fine. Don't go and say nobody's kids should be subject to the horrible language and sexual humor. You've gotta be kidding me. Bitch and asshole were the worst I heard. Words heard on regular TV. BFD. And Wheelie humping Megan's leg is offensive??? DO YOU WATCH KIDS CARTOONS? This kind of humor is EVERYWHERE! We all have different parenting methods and I respect your freedom to raise you kids as you see fit, but don't speak for the rest of us.

16. Ash from Carolina

Ash from Carolina Junior Smeghead

A long list of minor ones but my big ones would be:

No iconic voice for Soundwave instead I was waiting at the end of the film for him to say "Next time Gadget!"

Decepticons getting owned left and right by the humans and the Autobots yet again. Never felt like any of them put up much of a fight.

Ravage getting killed by Bumblebee.

Devastator getting taken out with one shot.

No Thundercracker, Skywarp, Ramjet, Thrust, or other Decepticon planes to dogfight with the humans while Starscream was busy. They just sort of hand air supportability over to the humans so there is no chance of stopping the humans from bombing the Decepticons back to the stone age.

17. DON

DON Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    The Autobot hit squad in the begining: very un-Autobot-like. It would have been acceptible if the two Decepticons were in the middle of their rampage and the Autobots had no choice BUT to put them down. but they were just sitting there not being a threat, atleast not 'til the Autobots and NEST agents flushing them out. they just did what every cornered animal would do.

Makes you wonder what would happen to Jetfire if the Autobots found him while he slept..

Soundwave's voice not synthesised: he sounded more like Dr Klaw.

Alice: felt more like a dig at the Terminator folks, especially how she was walking slowly towards Sam and co. served nothing to the story.

NEST agents still using conventional guns: what, didn't you forget what you learned in the first film?

Megatron being a Lackey: c'mon..

The Twins: really, C'mon...

The Primes: It's like their only idea to solve anything is to commit suicide

Jet Prime: How is Optimus stronger while wearing parts Jetfire admits are rusting and falling apart?

There's probably more.. but that's all for now

18. Lucs

Lucs This Guy!

News Credits:
    Are you no-kid-having fools kidding me? If you were 8 you know you'd demand that your parents let you see this movie. Be freakin' realistic, if your kid was the only kid that couldn't see the TF movie because he was 8 instead of 13 he complain to no end. He'd hold his breath until he was blue to see this movie.

Stop being so ignorant by saying, "well just don't take your kid to the movie" - you try telling your kid he can't go see the biggest summer blockbuster movie of 2009.

It doesn't look bad on the surface but when you go see it you know it's too much for your kid. Also try having a kid and going to pre-screen every movie she/he wants to go see. Since having a kid means you have so much free time you can just leave for 3 hours to watch a movie (sarcasm) and come home to report oh I saw it but you can't now

Also note I have no kids but I was one at a early stage in my life and remember the way I used to act

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  19. Grifter Prime

News Credits:
    HuricanBlue - Just because it's 2009 doesn't mean we as a people don't have to be decent anymore. I have seen cartoon, and I agree there are some that are some that are just bad! But not everywhere! I don't speak for everyone, like you seem to. But I do believe that kids shouldn't be subject to horrible language and sexual humor, kids should just be kids. Let them retain some of that childhood as long as possible, not subjecting them to foul laguages and images.

Lucs - Hit the nail right one the head!

Sometimes love means saying "no".

20. Tommybg2003

Tommybg2003 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    the only disappointment i found was the twins hogging all the screen time, not that i disliked them but i thought some of the others should have been giving a lot more screen time.