TF2 Allan Dean Foster novels or IDW comics?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by buickanddeere, Jun 17, 2008.

1. buickanddeere

buickanddeere Well-Known Member

Any word on more TF novels by Allan Dean Foster ?
    It appears IDW comics has a five part StarScream comic book series set after TF1. Anybody read them?
    Any news of TF2 comics coming out in the future?

2. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I don't know if Allan Dean Foster is going to do any new TF novels based on the films or not. I haven't heard a peep. And I'm sure IDW will do a comic adaptation of TF2 when the time comes. As for anything else concerning novels or comics based on the films, I don't know. Sorry...

3. Omnius

Omnius Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    After Ghosts of Yesterwhatever, I hope not. I had to give up 1/3 of the way through.

4. Velcrohead

Velcrohead Banned

I hope they don't ask Alan Dean Foster to do anything else. He is SUCH a hack writer. "Ghosts of Yesterday" was VERY painful to get through. I've never seen an author who actually made his characters laugh at his own painfully bad jokes. There were some "humorous lines" that had me scratching my head. Misspellings all through the book too. I don't know if it's just the material he had to work with, but he managed to make me completely bored with Transformers, one of the things I'm passionate about the most.

5. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    That's why I really wish they would've kept the original David Cian story, instead of having Foster rewrite it...
    DN

6. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    At least I wasn't the only one. I love reading, but that book just sucked all the reading joy out of my body. The book still lurks on my shelf, grumbling 'Read me! Finish me!' like some evil gremlin.