TF1 Quick Question

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by SC0RP0N0K, Aug 13, 2009.

1. SC0RP0N0K

SC0RP0N0K Well-Known Member

I'm not sure if someone mentioned this already or not, but I was watching TF1 again with my girl and I was wondering how Megatron knew English? Prime mentioned the Autobots learned how to speak English from the internet and I assume the Decepticons did as well, but Megatron was frozen in ice for millions of years and the first thing he does upon reawakening is yell "I am Megatron". Anyone got any ideas? Was it explained in some other movie tie in media?

2. Spoon

Spoon Banned

Plot convenience?

3. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe Frenzy uploaded the relevant info into Megs' processor when he was thawing Megs out. Everything he needed to know about this (to the Cybertronians) alien world and its inhabitants, just to bring him up to speed after all those years.

4. firehawc_69

firehawc_69 cloppers = ignore list

News Credits:
    Maybe he was online but just couldn't move and heard all the scientists and technicians over the years, and you know, just kinda picked it up. Kinda like those horror stories where patients are conscious but can't respond during a surgery...it would explain why he was so pissed when he defrosted.

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    You'd wanna set the record straight after being called "NBE-1" for so long, wouldn't you?

I just assumed he learned english through all the people walking around him speaking it for close to a century. That or he was passively browsing the internet unbeknownst to them.

6. KingGrimlock

KingGrimlock Assuming Direct Control

I would think so.

7. SC0RP0N0K

Yeah, I figured plot convenience, but I still thought it was funny and just wanted to see if others picked up on it or maybe had some rational to it. Come to think of it, didn't Megatron say something in English when Sam's great-grandfather, or whoever he was, found him frozen in the ice? I really can't remember.

8. Covenant

Covenant Mr. Roboto in Disguise

Ebay:
    This. Quite likely all his time in the possession of humans, tech supposedly being reversed engineered from his frozen body, he was conscious, listening without end, hearing them call him nothing more than 'NBE1' all that time.

But really; This.

Not that I recall?

9. SC0RP0N0K

Like I said I honestly don't remember, but I thought he said something when the great-grandfather(?) touched him and the map got imprinted on the glasses. Again, I could be wrong, I wasn't paying real close attention to that part.

10. Covenant

Ebay:
    S'why I used the "?", because I don't remember if he did or didn't either. Maybe a whisper of the Allspark in name? Dunno, I'll have to go check later.

11. Richard Prime

Richard Prime Banned

Please tell me your nickpicking things that not really that serious

Once again this thread is uesless

12. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    no offence but so are most of your threads.

13. SlyTF

SlyTF Banned

Maby while he was in stasis, What if he didnt know english? what if he was speaking cybertronian but they didnt feel like subtitling every thing? When he was talking to sam, he had time to do with the Autobots did by learning the languages through the internet. He was connected to machines that probrably where connectet to computers, so he didnt have to learn the language but it was downloaded into him

14. $shockwave$

$shockwave$ Banned

News Credits:
    Maybe they didnt want to explain?

IDK

15. SC0RP0N0K

Not nitpicking, just curious. Believe me if I wanted to pick apart this movie I could easily come up with much more material than this.

Oh, and since you aren't contributing in any way to the topic your post is useless...next time try to add to the conversation. =)

Another question though, if Megatron was "awake" and hooked up to computers and the internet the whole time don't you think he could have disengaged the safety locks that were holding him like Frenzy did? I doubt the humans could have stopped him from "hacking" the release switches since Frenzy did it in seconds.

16. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    It's entirely possible that he just can't. He's a big bruiser, not an infiltrator.

17. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Mmmm, yeah. I don't think so. What if you spent time in Russia and everyone spoke in russian, but never translated what they said into english? Sure, you would pick up a few things... like "&*$%^" must mean apple because everytime someone says this word they're holding an apple. That's one thing, but for Megs to know his name when translated from cybertronian into english, not to mention the completely fluid english he expounds from that moment on until the AllSpark brings his demise, is quite another. Not gonna happen just from hearing humans speak english around him.

18. SC0RP0N0K

Well with time and unlimited access to the internet I'm sure he could pick up some hacking knowledge, plus Earth computers would probably be like playing with a yo-yo to a Cybertronian.

19. Covenant

Ebay:
    It's an honest question, let's not bitch about general inquiries.

20. TfAnimatedfan

TfAnimatedfan Five. Dollar. Headband.

News Credits:
    More importantly, if they "learned Earth's languages through the World Wide Web", why don't some of them end up talking like the idiots that post comments on Youtube?