TF1 Megatron vs DOTM Optimus Prime, would the fight have been just has close

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Jul 17, 2011.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

I was thinking seeing how strong and powerful megatron was in the first film, the little things like optimus shooting megatron and having very little effect on him in the first film, and seeing how quick megatron was in the way he fights etc. Megatron seemed more feared, and much bigger in the first film, and his overall body was more complete. Now seeing how strong optimus gets from film 1, and the fight he had with sentinal, that optimus could not actually own sentinal, like he done with the fallen.

So I wanted to ask? if the fight in chicago was Megatron from TF1 at his best, or optimus from DOTM, would the fight have been just has epic like the fight we got with sentinal vs optimus.

2. Starparu

Starparu Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yes. If TF1 Megatron went up against Optimus, Optimus might have lost more than just one arm. Megatron was a feared beast in TF1, but since, he has been killed, revived, had his face blown off, and forced to live in Africa with hatch-lings and animals as company...that's why he was so pwned in DOTM.

3. Wrecker217

Wrecker217 Leader of the Lost

News Credits:
    Totes not in South Bay, CA. Go away, NSA.
    I thought we made it clear that optimus was weak due to not wanting collateral damage with weak fleshy insects everywhere.

4. megatron6661

I thought let the dust settle on DOTM, and ask all you guys would the fight be just has close. Because the fight with sential proved, even when there was no people about, optimus could have been killed, and at times sentinal was owning optimus. So it shows maybe, TF1 megatron in his prime, and sentinal the original autobot leader, are both a match for optimus

5. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    What does any of that have to do with Optimus having to go out of his way in TF1 to avoid human casualties?

6. megatron6661

no clue, many say the fight between optimus and megatron from TF1, that the only reason optimus was overpowered in a physical fight with megatron, was because there were people about. Has optimus did not want to cause casualty's so he held back on megatron

7. Sso02V

Sso02V Injector Has a Posse

News Credits:
    What?

8. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    I don't know how, much Prime during into a giant merciless killing machine somewhere between TF1 and 2, and by the end of DOTM he was firing missiles at the building his allies were taking cover in, so I think placing him in the same fight as in TF1, it'd have been over pretty quickly.

9. LesterX

LesterX Banned

I think it would be quite an even fight.

10. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

I just don't buy the whole, Optimus got his ass whooped in TF1 only because he wasn't trying to hurt the humans....makes no sense to me. Had he lost to Megatron, Megs would've gotten the cube and pretty much wrecked total havoc on planet earth, and him not fighting fierce enough only meant the battle between the two of them would drag on even more causing even more damage. I would think that Optimus would've like to take out Megs brutally and quickly in TF1 to avoid even more damage and casualties from being caused.