TF1 final battle Megatron vs Optimus, what was optimus's plan?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by megatron6661, Feb 9, 2012.

1. megatron6661

megatron6661 Well-Known Member

With the debate on Megatron's original form on one topic, and when you see these 2 fight in the first film, did optimus have any plan that he could kill Megatron himself? because you look at how tough megatron's outer armoured body was, it was hard for any of his weapons to do real damage to megatron. We look at optimus's weapons, they seemed useless, especially that he could not exactly rip megatron's head off, when megatron is over powering optimus. But also was optimus willing to sacrifice himself by distracting Megatron from the cube and setting a trap? hoping in time the F fighters take Megatron down, optimus also doubted himself that he could defeat megatron, that optimus wanted sam to put the cube in his chest.

So what do you guys think? did optimus have any real plan in how to kill Megatron himself? or was optimus waiting for the F fighters to distract Megatron long enough they would stop Megatron

2. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    Same is it ever was, to do his damnedest to stop Megatron or die trying.

Pure Optimus, lol.

But, seriously, he details his plan at the observatory. He'd either defeat Megatron or kill himself to destroy the AllSpark if it came down to that.

Thank hell for Sam!

But Optimus had a decent shot until he ate pavement from 40 floors up with a pile of Megatron on top of him and crashing him into the street.

After that Optimus was pretty much beat.

I can understand him thinking he had a chance, though. Megatron's pretty tough, yeah, but there were plenty of nooks and crannies between his armor for Prime to hope to land a solid blow on. He's not exactly a featherweight himself, he just got pwned when he saved Sam from falling to his death.

:-\

3. megatron6661

I was looking through all 3 versions of optimus, and it stood out how ineffective optimus's weapons were in TF1, up against a megatron with so much tech, and built like a gigantic shield. Bay handicapped both megs and optimus throughout the series, heck the sentinel vs optimus fight, it happens yet again to optimus. What does sentinel have? a big ass shield, a gigantic sword that could cut a transformer in half, adding sentinel's fighting skills. Poor optimus gets 2 axes and no defence, against the most agile experienced autobot of them all in sentinel. The only defence optimus has, is his ability to dodge big hits so he is always handicapped in the 2 big fights in TF1 and DOTM

4. vistar411

vistar411 New Member

Simply Persuade Megatron, beat him down till Megs saw reason, or destroy the Allspark, so Megatron will leave.

5. bumblebot98

bumblebot98 Banned

News Credits:
    Optimus really wasn't the brightest in TF1, his all-else fails plan was to commit suicde and destroy the Allspark to make Megatron leave, I mean seriously? He seemed pretty sure of it even though Megs could potentially still destroyed Earth.

6. starscream 2005

starscream 2005 it's megatron, retreat!!!

and

the fallen actually precedes everything that happen in tf1. so megs already knew about the star harvester. actually now that i think about it, only 3 transformers knew about the star harvester, that being megs, the fallen and a unrevived jetfire. so that plan now that you think of it is crazy. seems to me that megatron wouldn't have just left, if and when the allspark was destroyed. either way, megatrons plan has always been to rule the universe.

anyone agree?

7. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

I mean really. If Sam put the cube into Primes chest, it would've destroyed not only the cube but the best bot on earth. When Megatron seen this he would've been full of rage, and probably nothing could stop him. The the fallen would awaken and the planet would be doomed. Luckily Sam put the cube in Megatrons chest.

8. megatron6661

For me I look at TF1 and DOTM, write off ROTF. Megs whole plan was to get the cube, rebuild cybertron using earth technology, and he gets an army any leader would dream of, with sentinels help with the pillars. I would bank if megatron survived TF1 and got the cube, used earth technology he would have thrown sentinel under the bus, it would not surprise me if megatron would have stabbed the fallen in the back

9. FeelingLuckyPnk

FeelingLuckyPnk Decepticon Punks!

Ok, guys, you're overthinking this :) 

It's not what OP thought, it's what writers thought would be an easy to follow story...

10. Hazekiah

Hazekiah Banned

News Credits:
    With the AllSpark gone, Megatron and The Fallen were still kinda screwed since the Sun Harvester and the Pillars were both useless without the Matrix, and the only guy who seemed to have even the slightest clue, Jetfire, was sick of the Decepticons and would obviously have rather died than help them out.

So there's that at least, lol.

11. adamid4

adamid4 Well-Known Member

Good point. And it doesn't make Optimus's sacrifice seem futile.

12. Silk Spectre

Silk Spectre The Evil Queen

This is the one aspect of TF1 Optimus that's shaky for me - if he'd sacrificed himself to keep the Allspark from Megatron, it seemed likely to me that Megatron would then go on an enraged rampage on Earth. Optimus takes out himself and eliminates the Allspark? Okay. But what about Megatron and the Autobots and humans left to deal with him and the rest of the 'Cons?

13. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The only possible logic to Optimus' plan would be the possibility that shoving the Allspark into his chest would initiate some sort of devastating chain reaction or overwhelming release of energy, which would deactivate him and all Cybertronians within a pretty large radius. There's obvious problems with this scenario, too, however.

I think us humans would've been able to handle Megatron without too much fuss. Those F-22s were knocking the tar out of him with their missiles.

14. LacksAFace

LacksAFace Devastator's Balls

Pretty much what he said.
    Even if Optimus killed himself, Megatron was probably done for. After Optimus tripped him, he was literally crawling towards the AllSpark, you can see the sparks and energon leaking from his armour. It was get the AllSpark or die, but unfortunately for him the AllSpark had unforeseen side-effects.

And besides...they could've just taken the AllSpark shard out of Optimus and re-activated him almost instantly after he died.