TF Wiki possible error?

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by star_ling, Sep 28, 2010.

1. star_ling

star_ling Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I'm sure this has been discussed elsewhere but I have yet to come across it, so here goes:

As far as continuities go War for Cybertron the game and book are a sort of mass pre war beginning story for any future franchise, correct? Also while not being explicitly tied to any one series, (G1, Animated, DW, IDW, etc) excluding if anything else were to come out of the game franchise itself, one shouldn't claim it to any series definitively. Because doing so could legitimize the argument for all series simultaneously and so far there is no word from Hasbro saying otherwise, right?

Which is like saying Wfc is the prelude to G1, but in saying that you would also make that true for Animated, Energon, and any other show because what it's a prelude to isn't made exactly clear. At least that's what I have been gathering from it. I believe this was addressed somewhat during Botcon and Comic Con but I can't find where it was stated by Hasbro themselves. Is there any truth to that statement? If so is the TF Wiki wrong by having TF: Prime's information interchanging and borrowing from Wfc thus putting them in the same canon? Because again I'm almost sure that it's not connected to Prime in that way either, otherwise Hasbro couldn't use it for other continuities in the future. I thought they had some statement regarding this also but can't locate their actual quote.

Sorry for the wordy nature of my question but I'm a stickler for this kind of stuff and I'm not a member of any kind of wiki and don't know how to ask them this kind of stuff.

Transformers: Prime (cartoon) - Transformers Wiki

2. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

No, there is nothing wrong with it because WFC is technically a prequel to Prime since they're set in the same universe.

3. star_ling

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So they are? Okay, that cleared up my unnecesarily long question. Can you point me to a link where this was said? I really thought I saw this before but now can't locate it.

4. Kaje

Kaje Well-Known Member

Or at the very least they're set in universes that are close enough for TFWiki's standards.

5. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

I thought WFC was a pre-quel to the live action TF movies.

I thought TF Prime was it's own universe. that borrowed design elements from the live action movies & animated.

6. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

No. TF Prime and WFC both take place in the new universe/continuity established by Exodus. That makes WFC a prequel to Prime.

7. star_ling

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Is that what you are assuming or is that something supported by Hasbro? Which is why I was looking for links, I want to know what they said on the matter. As it may affect what happens to the game franchise as well as other things. It would seem like a weird thing to do since they always seem to go out of their way to avoid confusing their customers. As Prime and the movie verse look so much more alike than Wfc.

8. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

It's something supported by Hasbro. If you had looked at the footnotes for the TF Prime page on TFWiki you would have found a link.