TF Weapons TFTM-TF DOTM

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by ShOcKwAvE1213, Dec 12, 2011.

1. ShOcKwAvE1213

ShOcKwAvE1213 THE DARK KNIGHT RISES

Did anyone like how they changed the TF weapons from transforming their actual hands and arms into weapons, or carrying the weapons like real weapons. The TF's started doing that in DOTM, but in TFTM and ROTF they didn't. What are your thoughts?

2. rxlthunder

rxlthunder Banned

News Credits:
    Probably done because Wheeljack.Que was brought in.

3. Starscreamownz

Starscreamownz Air Commander

News Credits:
    In the movie? because of Wheeljaqs inventions.

Production? Ehren Kruger doesn't like weopons being part of the body.

4. Wheeljack94

Wheeljack94 Autobot Lycan

News Credits:
    sideswipe jazz ratchet optimus and the some genricons have always done that.

5. Ultrawave

Ultrawave Hey look, I have a title

News Credits:
    This.

In TFTM and ROTF you can clearly see Optimus pulling the gun out of his back as it transforms from the gas tanks.

Ratchet's gun transforms from his arm but he holds it in his hands.

6. TylerMirage

TylerMirage I vawnt my berdt.

News Credits:
    I was always a fan of built-in weapons like that, and seeing how Animated/Prime/WFC are doing similar things to some extent, it shows that it's catching on. But straight-up holding rifles is cool too.

In terms of recurring characters in DotM, it's really only Ironhide and Megatron that no longer use their built-in weapons. But Optimus, Bumblebee, Ratchet, Starscream and Sideswipe still use whatever they started out with, be it built-in or hand-held.

7. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

Ironhide still has his cannons too. He just opts to not use them.

8. fleshling

fleshling Well-Known Member

I like the mixture of all three types. I like that Bumblebee, Prime, Starscream, etc. all have very iconic, built-in weapons. I also like that a lot of these guys have hand-held weapons that are built from their forms and are integrated into their alt or stealth-force modes. I also like the handheld stuff, too.

If I had to chose only one type, though, it would be iconic built-in stuff.

9. Wars

Wars Regular At Swerve's™

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Flickr:
    Tumblr:
    If you think about, Bumblebee was the only Autobot in the first movie who couldn't hold is weapons. I know Ironhide's were sort of built into his arms, but he could eject them too, so they were more attached to his arms then built into them.

I like the built in thing they did, but holding weapons is just as cool.

He doesn't actually. If you watch the scene in Revenge of the Fallen where you see him running from the ruins and holding his chest, I think just before Megatron shoots Sam, you see him eject his cannons from his arms. They are then destroyed in the on-coming air raid, along with Arcee, the Constructicons and loads of other Decepticons. This scene;

[​IMG]

10. Soca Taliban

Soca Taliban Well-Known Member

Only to be seen again on him once he and the other autobots are getting up after the fallen takes the matrix from Optimus.

11. AquamanOS

AquamanOS Well-Known Member

And he also ejects only the one cannon on his right arm. And not just the cannon, but his entire shoulder plating assembly. Since that plating is back on in DOTM, he obviously had it repaired.

12. NEST SOLDIER

NEST SOLDIER IRONHIDE'S DRIVER

I like both the integrated weaponry, as well as the additional weapons. I agree with previous comments that Wheeljack's arrival prompted new weaponry ( also justifies the MechTech theme) like Ironhide's new "Heavy Iron" rotary cannon seen in both DOTM, and more prominently, in the video game of the same name.

13. BLK-OUT 4500X

BLK-OUT 4500X Well-Known Member

I like optimus blades coming out of his arms . I don't like him holding them in his hands it doesn't look right to me , it would be better if it was a different sword . I like him holding the battle axe better .

14. kaiserlisk

kaiserlisk THIS PLEASES GAGA

News Credits:
    I preferred when they transformed their hands into their weapons. Really exemplifies the transforming aspect of their race. However, the handheld guns are not really a new thing in the movies. Movie 1 Optimus had a handheld rifle. In ROTF, Jetfire had a cane-axe and some of the protoforms had handheld heavy machine guns in lieu of wrist mounted cannons.