TF Videogame Release Date Bumped + "Collector's Edition"

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Voiceroy, Mar 7, 2007.

1. ssjkazer

ssjkazer mr dyslexia

News Credits:
    i would have liked the idear of the game coming out before the movie cause i would of wanted to play it see ive been avoiding the whole story plot behined it and everything even the previews cause i want to see it all in its interty and get a few surprises

2. Roller

Roller Keep on rollin'! TFW2005 Supporter

Ebay:
    Has there ever been a collectors version of a game that was worth the extra $10? And if so, what it made it worth it? Just trying to compare with the collectors version of the new TF game.

3. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Congratulations. So...you gonna hold 'special pre-orders' for ATL TFW members?

4. panda

panda Well-Known Member

TF Movie Game xbox 360

i went it to Eb canada about a week ago and preorderd it the normal game was 69,99 and collerctors was 79.99

5. Ziero

Ziero TFW2005 Supporter

Usually collector's versions have the metal case and an extra cd/dvd thingie, but the games are always exactly the same.

6. Kranix2k

Kranix2k Spare me this mockery!! TFW2005 Supporter

Ah, so they ARE intending to release a PS2 version of it. That's comforting to know since I'll probably never buy one of the new generation systems - I dont console game enough to warrant buying a new system - unless they do finally decide to release a PC version. I'll probably wait til they show up on discount somewhere tho, the price is a bit steep for my blood (although I know thats probably normal price for current games) and I dont really like spending more for a game than I would for one of the larger toys.

7. Valkysas

Valkysas Attack Buffalo

News Credits:
    Gamestop makes up release dates all the time, even giving release dates to games that the developers themselves don't know when they'll finish (anything to get pre-orders). I never believe a release date until the company publishing the game gives one, and I advise everyone else to do the same.

I'm not criticizing gamestop employees, because you guys arent the ones that make up the dates. thats corporate, and I know you get in trouble if you go by the publisher's listed date over gamestop's listed date.

8. Brandon

Brandon This is important work.

Oooo, Collector's Edition. Sweet, wonder what extra stuff they will include.

9. crazyheaddave

crazyheaddave Member

I would say that the Gears of War collector's edition was worth the extra $10. However, I for one enjoyed the art book that came with it, but that's just me. I believe Lost Planet has been the only game that has come with a collector's edition that actually contained extra content on the game. But I'm a HUGE fan of Gears of War, so I wouldn't recommend spending the extra $10 just because. I would say that the Transformers game would also be worth it for me because I've been a huge fan of Transformers since I was 2 years old and I'm just a fan of extra stuff.

10. Quantum_Penguin

Quantum_Penguin Well-Known Member

The Elderscrolls IV: Oblivion had a collector's edition for the PC that came with a properly bound book about the ES universe called "The Pocket Guide to the Empire" and a fake gold coin modeled after the ones from the game. However, I didn't buy that version, so I can't give you an informed opinion on if that was worth the extra $10.

11. Harlequin Daniel

Harlequin Daniel Captain Grumpy

To tell the truth, I read 06-12 and thought "6th of December? That blows"

12. REDLINE

REDLINE longer days, plz? Veteran

News Credits:

Gotta thank Microsoft for that.

13. † Sunstorm

† Sunstorm Sunstorm member 1

it didnt cost much to an exclusive collecters edition to be so i guess the only bonus is a fancy cover and a Tshirt :p  (or better, soundtracks CD)

14. Renidragon

Renidragon Toys on my table!

$59.99? Wow. Most new games are $49.99... that's a little on the disappointing side...

15. artiepants

artiepants Transformers '84!!!

News Credits:
    360 and PS3 games are mostly $59 now... i believe Wii MSRP is still $49...

16. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    For anyone interested, here's a full list of retail prices for the upcoming TF titles:

- DS: $29.99 (both titles)
    - PS2: $39.99
    - PS3: $59.99
    - Wii: $49.99
    - XBOX 360: $59.99/69.99 (CE)

17. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Thanks, and wish I could, but I don't think that would jive with company policy. However, I think I might be able to offer some sort of freebie in the way of a vendor promo, but it might not exactly be TF-related. Stores have all kinds of promo stuff on-hand.

But I think it's likely with a CE edition being released that the vendor may offer some sort of purchase incentive, similar to the ones being offered with the two "Halo 3" more specialer editions of the game...like this one for the $100 version of the game:

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=200242

There have also been some moderate premiums offered with reserves for Spider-Man 3 (poster and access code for "exclusive web content") and God of War 2 (playable demo with bonus materials). I'm keeping my fingers crossed that the same will be offered for the TFs game with some official exclusive TF-type stuff.

I found the placeholders for the TF game in a drawer on Thursday--another staffer had inadvertently hidden them in with a pack of other marketing materials.

But the cover art is "not final" and is nothing more than a simple tweaking of the movie poster, and the "screenshots" on the back were lifted directly from the 2004 PS2 TFs game based on Armada. And two of them are merely a re-cropping of the screenshots that appear on the previous game's cover art. Sad.

18. Misatokitty

Misatokitty The Major

Ebay:
    I know no one's prolly interested by now, but the Australian releases on PC and PS2 for the game (I only checked those ones) through EB is 4th July. Although, saying this, I could clearly see this date on the girl's screen for both of them, and she kept saying August 4th, go figure.

19. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    So, no special edition for PS2? I hope the special stuff sucks then. Vindictive, why yes!

20. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits: