TF Videogame Release Date Bumped + "Collector's Edition"

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by Voiceroy, Mar 7, 2007.

1. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    The upcoming Transformers video game is now available for pre-orders at GameStop stores with a street date of 6.19.07 for XBOX 360, PS2, PS3, PSP, and Wii consoles, as well as Transformers: Autobot and Transformers: Decepticon for the Nintendo DS. Note that the release date has been bumped up from 6.23.07 as has been stated previously by other sources.

GameStop's computers also list an additional "Transformers CE" title listed exclusively for the XBOX 360. Naturally, we can assume this will be a "collector's edition" expanded release, but no other details were given. The CE version of the game also has a list price of $69.99 as opposed to the $59.99 list price for the non-CE edition.

Unfortunately, no street date for a PC version of the game is listed yet, at least in GameStop's computers.

EDIT: The release date has actually been bumped to 6.12.07, but GameStop's computers show the actual "street date" to be 6.19.07.

UPDATE 4.11.07: Still no PC version available for preorder; however, the official TF game site still shows a version will be released for PC. When a release date becomes available, I'll post an update here.

I found in GameStop's computer Wednesday that a shipment in transit to my store will include "Transformers posters", and should arrive before the weekend. A quick check on gamestop.com revealed that this will be a TF movie poster--a premium offered only with preorders for the TF game on all platforms (see list above).

Furthermore, GameStop.com is also listing an "official strategy guide" for the game, as well as "Transformers Skins" for PSP, PS2, XBOX 360, Wii, and DS Lite. (No PS3 skins, sorry. I don't think Sony even makes Skins for the PS3.) The Skins show a shipping date of 5.25.07, which means stores should have them available the following day.

See this link at gamestop.com for a listing of the above items.

UPDATE: 4.12.07: Posters arrived Thursday AM, and they are suh-WEET! It's the standard eye-over-earth theatrical poster you've all seen on the web and in theaters, but finally holding one in my hands gave me a warm childlike feeling in my tummy. It's a standard poster size (27x40-ish), for any wondering. Sorry, no pics, but I think you get the gist.

My store also received new marketing materials for the game from Activision, including some new "cover art" for the "Coming Soon" wall. But since it still looks a little generic (no bots pictured on the cover--just the title), I assume they were printed up prior to images we've seen on transformersgame.com. There is also a marketing sheet directed at vendors with stats and product features, which I will do my best to get scanned and post here soon (no promises, though--my computer's on the fritz and I've been using a loaner).

However, it's worth noting that this sheet includes three in-game images not previously released:

- action shot of Bumblebee with military aircraft firing missiles overhead
    - action shot of Barricade brandishing a lightpost
    - action shot of Blackout in chopper mode laying waste to a military base

Nothing new among the product details on this sheet that aren't on the official game site.

However, on the flipside of the above were some TF statistics I thought fans might find interesting (my comments are in [brackets]):

And finally, an addendum that may be a cause for concern with PC gamers: this marketing sheet does not include any mention of a PC release. It shows logos for Sony Playstation, XBOX 360, Wii, and DS, but no logo for Microsoft's "Games For Windows". And there's absolutely ZERO mention of a PC release on the entire marketing sheet. I plan to call an Activision rep first thing Friday AM to see if I can get any official confirmation of a PC release for this game.

2. CSpuppydog

CSpuppydog Well-Known Member

What about the kick ass PSP version?

3. Blunticon

Blunticon The Oddjob

Collectors Edition sounds Brutal. Xbox version should look good.

4. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Sorry, I omitted that one. Yes, there's one listed for the PSP on the same street date as well.

5. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

I'm actually kinda surprised that they're releasing the game after the movie hits. Most movie games in the past were released before the movies.

6. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    Well, be surprised no more. 6.19.07 is in June. The movie doesn't come out until 7.04.07.

7. TreKain

TreKain Made of Sterner Stuff TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    6/19/07 is 2 weeks BEFORE the 7/4/7 release date of the movie.

Calenders FTW!

But $59/$69 is $10 more than i was expecting...

8. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Cant wait...

9. Deefuzz

Deefuzz Beard On! Beardmaster! Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Nice, thanks for the info.

Front paged and credited.

10. Josh

Josh Comic Color-guy

News Credits:
    yeeeeeesssssssssss

>:}

11. Tober

Tober Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I thought there was a PC version as well? Thanks for the info anyway.

12. Galaxy Convoy

Galaxy Convoy Well-Known Member

Gah, talk about a brain fart! :p 

13. Trailbreaker77

Trailbreaker77 Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    What the Hell Where is the collectors edition for the PS3? I want my PS3 version.

14. War Bearer

War Bearer Banned

And the DS versions Transformers: Autobot and Transormers: Decepticon?

15. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    I thought there was too, but there's no PC TFs title listed for upcoming releases in the GameStop computers. I'll keep checking on it and post a follow-up if it comes up.

Both titles will also street on 6.19.07. My bad for omitting that one as well. I'll update my news post accordingly.

16. Slimaximus

Slimaximus Headmaster

News Credits:
    Its buried in the desert with all those old ET catridges b/c the PS3 is a flop and no one wants to take the time to program for its pain in the ass hardware

17. Bryan

Bryan ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

So enlightening. Thank you for using your first post so productively.

18. artiepants

artiepants Just over here punching Unicron.

News Credits:
    i'm a bit skeptical on them hitting this and turnign out a good game ~ aren't most Next gen-ish titles taking more than a year (i thought 18-24 months was the standard these days) to develop?

19. Drax

Drax The Dark Light

Woot, i will definately pick this up for my ps2 haa =P. But yea Galaxy Convoy at first i thought it would be released after the movie as well haha, talk about brain farts =P

20. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Trans-fo-mahs!

News Credits:
    You're welcome, and thank you as well. I considered sending this bit o'news to my friends at toonzone.net first, but since they primarily cover animated films and movies and don't get as much gaming traffic I decided it fit better here.

Well, I appreciate the nice "byline" but I don't quite have my own store yet. I just started this past Monday as a mgr-in-training, but my boss already has me slated to have my own store starting in April.

My previous employer went bankrupt last month, so I'm happy to be working anywhere so quickly afterwards.

Also, the original street date for the game was 6.23.07 according to some sources (like CDUniverse), not 7.04.07--the same date the movie hits theaters.

6.23.07 never sounded right to me anyway, because that was a Saturday. Wednesday is fairly standard as "new release day" among videogame retailers.