TF Victory and BW questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Jan 24, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

My questions are:

- in victory the bots and cons where their some originals like in the headmasters series in it besides Wheeljack and Perceptor?

- in bw the maximals and predacons where they autobots and decepticons?

2. Kaje

Kaje Well-Known Member

Victory had an all-new cast, except for those you spoke of, and Ginrai and Minerva from Super-God Masterforce.

Maximals and Predacons are not Autobots and Decepticons. They are Maximals and Predacons. However, one Predacon featured used to be a Decepticon.

Learn to form proper sentences.

3. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

AFAIK, none of the Maximals or Predacons who were on-screen in Beast Wars used to be Autobots or Decepticons, with the exception of Ravage, or maybe Waspinator when he was possessed by Starscream!

In the fiction, a lot of Maximals and predacons WERE actually Autobots and decepticons who downsized and re-formatted into their new forms after the end of the last great war.

BW Ironhide, Silverbolt, Prowl (Magnaboss) and Grimlock are all said to be their original G1 selves, but they never appear in the cartoon.

I've never watched Victory.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Sorcerer

News Credits:
    So you decided to spoil two surprises of the series to someone who clearly hasn't seen the show. Nice.

5. Erector

Erector I ruined the Hall of Fame

News Credits:
    I think at the 15 year on point, it can't really be considered a spoiler :p  Hell I've not watched it and I knew that.

6. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

The OP doesn't state if he has seen the show or not.

Besides, it was relevant to his question.

7. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

The original Ironhide, Silverbolt, Prowl and Grimlock?

8. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Yes.

IN some of the Beast Wars comics, its learned that those Autobots are still around.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Yes, the red texan van, arielbot leader afraid of heights, logical police car, and dim-witted aggressive t-rex from the original series.

In the beast wars toyline (and some of the supplementary fiction), they were now silverbolt the eagle, prowl the lion, and ironhide the elephant, and they combined into a new form: magnaboss. Grimlock still turned into a dinosaur, but now it was a raptor instead of a t-rex and it was a more organic form. The same characters, just at a different stage in their lives.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2011
  10. Stryder Wolfe

Stryder Wolfe Is it...Safe???

Instagram:
    how did they get around the fact that prowl and ironhide are dead?

11. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

They didint explain it.

But you must remember, Beast wars was said to be influenced by part toon continuity, part comic continuity.

And in the comics, those characters didnt die, and, death was reversible in the comics.

12. Chris McFeely

Chris McFeely Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    By virtue of the fact that Beast Wars does not necessarily follow the continuity of the Generation 1 cartoon. It just follows "a" Generation 1, somewhere out there in the multiverse. The writers of the BW cartoon looked on G1 as "mythical", and wrote the series as not following on from any one specific version of the story.

13. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Beast Wars never made it clear exactly which G1 continuity it followed, the show made references to both the cartoon and the Marvel comic backgrounds, so who knows? It's another reason I say it's almost impossible to NOT have your own personal canon, because there is no way, and the Unit means no way, the convoluted G1 continuity is ever going to definitively answer "beyond the surface" questions people have.

14. Stryder Wolfe

Instagram:
    so in other words, they didn't...just ignored it. Perhaps the prowl and ironhide who made up parts of magnaboss were actually different tf's using the old names, a la megatron, and just TELLING people they were the originals in an attempt to garner more power and respect.

or they used magic. whatever.

Or I suppose you could speculate that in the "cartoon" continuity, if it had continued, those characters would be resurrected by nucleon just as many "dead" characters were in the marvel comics...makes sense in a way as they'd want to sell the action masters...

15. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    More like they chose one of the numerous parallel universes that make up G1 where Ironhide and Prowl either didn't die, or were brought back from the dead. Or maybe they figured if Prowl returned as an action master, then they probably were brought back from the dead sometime between the G1 cartoon and BW, and if Prowl could be resurrected, why not Ironhide?

Or maybe Hasbro just wanted to protect their uses of the names and the guys who wrote the character cards felt like doing it and didn't do their research.

16. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Right.

Dont think so.

The IDW bios clearly state they are the originals.

Very likely.

17. Shockwave 75

Shockwave 75 Master of the Rules.

So in short, the best advice is: Don't think about it too hard, just smile and knod your head, and everything will be fine.

And if that doesn't work just ask yourself: What would Skylynx do? And you cannot go far wrong!

18. Stryder Wolfe

Instagram:
    excellent advice!