TF Universe Wreckers

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Hitman84, Sep 6, 2010.

1. Hitman84

Hitman84 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
  2. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hmmm.... that's actually some really good questions there. I don't have all the answers, but this is what I do know:

The Wreckers #1 was sold at Botcon 2001. I'm not sure if it was sold by itself (I wasn't there), but it was a pack-in with the exclusive Tigatron figure (bought him at a later show) and presumably Arcee too, but I can't say for sure.

The Wreckers #2 was sold at Botcon 2002, by itself.

I don't think they did any Wreckers comics for OTFCC 2003.

Transformers Universe Featuring the Wreckers #2 (the issue in your eBay link) was sold at OTFCC 2004. It reprints in its entirety the contents of the Botcon 2002 Wreckers #2, recolored and adds a lot more new story pages. There was also a TFUFtW #3 that was also sold at OTFCC 2004. It ends on a cliffhanger and as far as I know the story was never completed.

I'm pretty sure these books were never sold outside of Botcon or OTFCC. MAYBE they were offered in the Previews catalog at the time the way the current Botcon comics are, I have no idea. If you have the money, $29.99 doesn't seem like an unreasonable price for a 64-page, 6-year-old, long-out-of-print convention-exclusive Transformers comic which likely had a print run of no more than 2000 copies to begin with. And I presume there are legal entanglements preventing its ever being reprinted in a trade format. And remember, the story was never finished, so you'll never get the "complete" story even if you track down #1 and #3.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  3. Hitman84

Hitman84 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well I asked because I'm REALLY looking hard at getting Botcon Arcee, love the look of the figure and thought she was a simple repaint. As a figure she is but the fact she had some comic continuity made me take notice.

4. Ikkstakk

Ikkstakk Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Not sure if you've been here yet, but it has more information about the Wreckers comic. Turns out FunPub was able to complete the story, more or less, though the ending is probably very different from what the original writers had intended.

I've never bought Botcon Arcee, so I can't say for certain that Wreckers #1 was a pack-in with her, but even if it isn't, she's a great toy.