TF Universe Treadbolt

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Galvatron_Sama, Nov 4, 2008.

1. Galvatron_Sama

Galvatron_Sama Well-Known Member

anybody have it yet? I saw 2 at Walmart yesterday and was contemplating on whether to get one. I know its based on the classics Jetfire mold, which is a great mold, but i want some opinions on the color scheme before i get one.

2. Peanut04

Peanut04 Under Construction

News Credits:
    The color scheme looks really nice. I have Jetfire, so its pretty low on my purchase list. I'm sure I'll get around to buying it sooner or later. My wife has cut off my spending till after the holidays, so it may be awhile....

3. SureShot90

SureShot90 Peace=superior firepower

Ebay:
    I got my 2nd yesterday (got 1 loose one misb), and I love this figures. I like him more than Jetfire since Tread Bolt reminds me so much of a "Blue Angel". Pictures don't do this figure justice.
    [​IMG]

4. heshanj

heshanj Banned

News Credits:
    i wasnt too keen on this, til i saw it and had to get it...and im so glad i did..the mold is so awesome as we know, but the colors just rock too....its an awesome figure, definitely get it

5. Cashanova

Cashanova Sons Of Unicron PTT

The only issue I've found is the face. The blue makes it look a little lost.

Other than that its a great repaint. It has some lovely details like the silver helmet, gold Autobot symbol and gold "Air Deffense" logo.

Its a great mold and worth owning!

6. RodimusDawg

RodimusDawg Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    How difficult would this be to repaint into a Jetfire?

7. Starscream2008

Starscream2008 Megatron sucks!

I greatly enjoyed this figure as well. The paint scheme is quite good and the Blue Angels reference...I hadn't thought of that, but sweet...

I would recommend just buying a classics Jetfire somewhere instead of trying to repaint a Treadbolt, due to trying to put coats of white on dark colors. Jetfire's still fairly inexpensive online, and I'm sure you could find one on e-bay or through BBTS or TFSource.

8. RavX

RavX Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I love this mold in the classics line and the color schemes in general on Treadbolt - I would recommend picking him up

9. deliciouspeter

deliciouspeter Back in Black TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I love it. The jet mode looks great without the thrusters. The canopy is amber colored, which is a big plus for me. Bot mode is decent, but not perfect. I'm doing a little additional painting to it, but otherwise I'm very happy with it. It looks better in person.
    [​IMG]

edit...I said 'perfect' instead of 'not perfect'!

10. Galvatron_Sama

Galvatron_Sama Well-Known Member

Thanks for your opinions, next time I have the 20 bucks to fork over, Im gona buy it at Walmart/Target.

11. Orion_Prime48

Orion_Prime48 Super Sentai Purist

News Credits:
    [​IMG]

summary......hes awesome get him only thing I dont care for is the blue face and all the brown

that would be kinda difficult from what ive seen theres no colors that are the same on the 2

not sayin impossible but thered have to be alot of disassembling involved