TF Universe Soundwave?

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Optimus1986, Dec 13, 2008.

1. Optimus1986

Optimus1986 TMNT & Hulk Fanatic

Does anyone know if they're releasing or have released a TFU Soundwave? I just found the new Hound with Ravage cassette. Would be perfect if ol' Soundwave came out soon.

2. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    no, possibly after tf2 line is done, the ravage is for the Soundwave commenerative reissue from Hasbro.

3. MushroomPrime

MushroomPrime ******

News Credits:
    Maybe after TF2.

4. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    Soundwave's possibility of appearing in Universe was brought up in Toyfare #138 (February 2009 issue) in an interview with Hasbro's Transformers Universe designer Bill Rawley. Check out our front page article here and maybe pick up Toyfare.

5. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

Eh. I won't buy a "we'd like to do this character" quip until I see a Wheeljack.

6. Foster

Foster Super Mod

News Credits:
    So it's not believable until it's a character you want?

7. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

No. I'd love to see a Soundwave. I'm saying that Hasbro reps like to say "we'd like to do" so and so character. Wheeljack being the name thrown out there at SDCC or Botcon or something. And as of yet, no word on even plans for a Wheeljack.

So I'll take a statement of "we'd like to do [insert name here]" with a pretty big grain of salt.

8. Bgrngod

Bgrngod Autocon

News Credits:
    Would be weird to make a "new/modernized" Soundwave figure in the Uni2.0 line as a tape player. I realize that's traditional what he is, but tape players went the way of the dodo a long time ago. They don't make for a very modern interpretation. And, it would be doubly weird if he couldn't carry around his cassette minions in his chest. Obviously these two things don't jive with each other.

I really liked the Music Label Soundwave as a modernized version, but it sucks he couldn't pack around his buddies. Making them turn into SD memory cards or something would have made them way too small.

9. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I think the difference is that at conventions fans are always asking if their favorite characters are going to get toys. Of coarse they're probably going to say some stuff to keep the fans happy. It's not like they're lying or anything. I'm sure they'd want to do almost every old character, if possible.

Here, if I read the news post correctly, it was Bill saying he wanted to do them without anyone asking about them.

10. Dinobot Nuva

Dinobot Nuva Johnny 3 Tears Veteran

News Credits:
    They said they weren't willing to discuss it at SDCC, meaning they've probably got something they're working on but its not far enough done to be shown (or it hasn't gotten approval from the higher ups yet, whatever).
    DN