TF Universe Dirge and AB Roadbuster.

Discussion in 'Transformers Feedback & Reviews' started by SPLIT LIP, Oct 7, 2008.

1. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Ran a search and found nozink, so...

I found these guys at Zellers today and am super happy I did. The Canadian release has no comic, so I has a sad.

[​IMG]

Roadbuster is really cool. The colours work well with a little red in 'bot mode on his boobies. Articulation is decent, but a little limited. All the hidden missiles are painted black, which is cool. One odd bit is that his face is green, and they painted his eyes green, making them barely noticable. He comes with a shank incase he has to go to prison and a red, strawberry-flavoured chip. Yum. Sticking it between his shoulders (which do, in fact, hurt) it makes his cannons pop up and reveal missiles. Lifting more panels increases the missile count. Damn, dude. He's pretty nifty for a repaint.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dirge rocks. Hard. He is blue and beige-y brown, tied together with a modest amount of off-white and some red here and there to spice things up. He even has tiny painted D-con logos on his wings. Articulation in the legs is great, but the arms are just a tad lacking in lateral rotation. He has a grape chip, delicious, that when stuck into his back flips out two hidden shanks to 1-up RB. He also has a nifty gun. His jet mode is very cool. Sleek yet bulky. I nice touch is his blue helmet and black face, which really help make his red eyes stand out. They need it, too, since they're tiny. I think he needs glasses. Unfortunately, he has no camera, so no home movies. :(  (although his gun could be a camera if you took the missile out)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I highly recommend this set, since it's two great figs in two good decos. If you live in the US it's even got the bone-ass comic.

[​IMG]

2. Powersa

Powersa Car Robots

News Credits:
    Yeah I think this is on my list to buy. But if I miss the set because I don't get up early enough to join the Black Friday mob, so be it.

3. avmercenary

avmercenary Well-Known Member

Cool review and nice pics! I really like the last pic!

Can't wait to pick him up when he comes out in my area!

4. General Magnus

General Magnus Da Custodes of the Emprah

Good two pack:D 

Looks sweet.

5. Rewind

Rewind Be Kind TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Roadbuster looks great. I hate that I'm such a sucker for that color scheme.

6. clonemanager

clonemanager Hunter

News Credits:
    How does the box look like ? Universe package?

7. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

Looks good, I hope we get that set in the UK. As with the original release of the Roadbuster mold, it's a shame there isn't a swivel above the elbow for more posing with the blade. Don't know why, but HasTak often seem to make this mistake with characters who have melee weapons. Movie Wreckage was similarly disappointing.

Where was I? Oh yeah, good pics. Will be looking for this.

8. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    The box is standard Universe style. The art has very stiff poses with only moderately expressive... expressions. It's very nice, though, moreso with the actual figs inside. Very good for display for those who like to.

9. Feralstorm

Feralstorm I ship Nick & Judy TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'm likin' Roadbuster, but I'll have to paint the eyes, if not the whole face.

10. Optimus Sledge

Optimus Sledge Yar har fiddle di dee

I'm thinking more about how to add a mouthplate to Roadbuster.

11. Jarodimus

Jarodimus the guy with that scan Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Awesome pics, SL! Especially the battle scene ones.

Both Comic Packs are definitely on my must-buy list.

Black Friday? I knew these were November releases, but I didn't know they were supposed to be BF items. Is that confirmed?

12. Silent_Magnus

Silent_Magnus Taint of Primus

News Credits:
    I think this is the first time I've seen something described as "bone-ass".

13. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

I was planning to get this set already, but now it's another must buy for me! Say, how much was the set worth when you bought it? 35$? 20$ I'd like to know so I can set up a sadly tight budget, as 4 deluxes are still on my must buy list as it is already.

14. slugslinger2004

slugslinger2004 TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Raodbuster looks very good. I don't have that mold so I'd like to pick it up. Not liking Dirge, so I may sell it and keep Roadbuster if I can find the set.

15. aey103

aey103 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Well there is always the DCPI (or is it DPCI) number trick at Target. I personally am hoping the Target website puts up a pre-order for their exclusive comic two packs like they (and HTS, Wal-Mart, KB) have for the 25th G1 Prime Reissue.

16. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    "Bone-ass' is a joking term I use instead of "bonus". :lol 

This set me back $34 Cnd. The same price as an Ultra. Surprised the hell outta me.

On a side-note, Dirge's blue isn't quite that bright. It's a blue-blue like G1 Dirge.

17. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Awesome and rather humorous review there Split Lip. Definently want Roadbuster, but Dirge will be going up for sale once I have him.

I don't think it's been confirmed as a Black Friday item... just that it was a Target exclusive and that it was going to be released in November. Could be for Black Friday though...

18. SPLIT LIP

SPLIT LIP Dry built

News Credits:
    Why Dirge? He's the best part of this pack, IMO. Unless of course you have the two SS moulds before him.

19. Laser_Optimus

Laser_Optimus Your opinion was noted. Now get lost. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I had the GF Screamer, but sold him recently. He's a great figure, but he had to go.

As for Dirge though... I've got Classics Dirge from the Botcon set so I really don't need two Dirge's hanging out on my Classics/Universe display and I was originally going to put him with my A/E/C display, but I recently decided to sell off the majority of that and only keep a few characters which I just incorporated with my Classics/Universe stuff. Basically, it's a matter of me not having a whole lot of space for stuff anymore and having to decide what fits with where I'm going with my collection. If I had the chance to I'd probably buy Roadbuster separately.

20. Shin Densetsu

Shin Densetsu I WILL DESTROY YOU Super Mod

News Credits:
    I'm buying this set for sure, it looks great and I always thought the Cybertron screamer mold was better in voyager size. Don't have the cybetron defense or whatever the hell you call him version of Hotshot so I want this version too, great Roadbuster homage and mold selection!