TF United Exclusive Targetmaster Recoil, Fracas, Haywire

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Dogbomber, Feb 16, 2011.

1. Dogbomber

Dogbomber Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Hi all

I cannot find a specific thread about this. That is why I am opening a new one.

I am thinking to get the above set but I have questions:
    1. Can I use the PCC one? I heard the peg or something is different between PPC and the exclusive united Targetmaster version?

2. Do all of the 3 united Targetmaster has a round part to insert into most of the TF United deluxe toy?

3. I know United Scourge is coming out and in the package I saw 2 guns, but it does not seem like Targetmaster to me in the package? Can anyone confirm?

4. Can I use the United Exclusive TM Fracas and put on United Scourge?

5. How about Recoil and Haywire? Who is their United toy partners and can they hold Recoil and Haywire in the handhole?

Sorry for so many questions as I am quite interested to know.

Thanks in advance.

2. PoweredConvoy

PoweredConvoy Randy of the Allspark

News Credits:
    1. The pegs are the same between the PCC and the United TM.

2. All 3 United Targetmasters have a 5mm peg that fits into MOST Transformers hands (but not all).

3. Scourge's gun is not a Targetmaster, but does resemble his original Targetmaster Fracas in gun mode only. It doesn't transform into a robot.

4. United TM Fracas fits in Generations Scourge's hands, so there is no reason it won't fit in United Scourge's hands as well.

5. Generations Kup can hold United Recoil fine, so it's likely the United will be fine too. Generations Blurr cannot hold United Recoil BUT United Drift can (but Generations Drift cannot) and Blurr is a retool of Drift, so if United Drift can hold Recoil it's likely the United Blurr will be able to as well (he's not out yet). So here's hoping he does. United Drift's hand holes are slightly smaller than Generations Drift & Blurr's are.

Randy

3. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    Thank a lot for the answer.

However, I am confused by the answer of yours for Questions 1. You said that the Peg of PCC and Exclusive 3 TM are the same, do you mean they both having 5mm peg? If so, I would have just get the PCC one instead of spending so much $ to get the United Exclusive TM.

Please enlighten me.

4. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    The peg size is the same for both the exclusive and the PCC. I believe the only difference between the two is the cosmetic redeco, the mould is unchanged.

So yes, you can get the "Targetmasters" from the PCC 2-Packs. And right now, it's going for cheap in SG.

5. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    Are you saying takara just recolor them and reissue as exclusive? I cannot believe it!

I was under the impression that the United Exclusive TM has a different PEG than the PCC, and it seems like I am very wrong!

6. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

Lots of stuff are recolored and released as exclusives...

Besides, those are supposed to be freebies anyway.

7. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    ^ Well, these "exclusives" were giveaways with purchases of TF United wave 1 figures at different retail stores in Japan. They are NOT FOR SALE in Japan itself. And PCCs are not sold at retail in JP, I think.

Online retailers, like BBTS, tend to acquire a quantity of these FREE stuff and then in turn sell them to consumers at exorbitant prices..... So yeah, that's basically it.

Don't waste your money on them, unless you really want to get them in those colours.

8. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    is the sales for TF PCC still availble in TRU?

I did not seem to find the PCC 3 TM together in Tampinese TRU.

Please show me the path

9. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    You cant find the TM in a 3 pack they are each packedd with a larger scout partner in a two pack

fracas = Chainclaw who comes with icepick
    Haywire= Caliburst who comes with huffer
    Recoil= airlift who comes with skyhammer

10. and2ng

and2ng Examples, Stupid!

News Credits:
    The so-called Targetmasters are not sold by itself. They are packed together with a Transformer, like this.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I believe they can still be found at all the retail outlets.

EDIT: From info on the post above, Skyhammer is not out yet in SG. The other 2 have been released.

11. PikaManiac

PikaManiac Well-Known Member

I think he actually meant he can't find all 3 packs of Power Core Combiners in his local Toy "R" Us, and not he can't find the 3 Minicon pack.

But whatever...

12. videriant

videriant Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    They are all available at HTS now if you're in the US.

Distribution in the US was spotty at best.
    Wave 1 (Huffer/Caliburt, Searchlight/Backwind, Smolder/Chopster) - lots at TRU and Target.
    Wave 2 (Sledge/Throttler, Icepick/Chainclaw, Leadfoot/Pinpoint) - previously rare and is only showing up now at Targets in my area.
    Wave 3 (Darksream/Razorbeam, Steel Shot/Beacon, Windburn/Darkray) - Walmarts were overflowing with them around Christmas

EDIT: Just figure out what SG and Tampinese stood for. I don't know anything about Singapore availability, sorry.

13. PoweredConvoy

News Credits:
    Yes all the Targetmasters are also available in different colors from Power Core Combiners. Though Skyhammer and Airlift are not widely available (only in small numbers in certain parts of Asia and in Canada so far).

Randy

14. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    Yes you are right. I need to find a TRU store that has 3 of them together.

Any advice from kind soul of Singapore?

15. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    PCC "Fracas" hasn't been release as yet. Finding "Haywire" & "Recoil" together within a particular TRU will prove to be a challenge.

What I know:

TRUs concurrently carry Wave 2 of those PCC 2-Packs. Even have a promo whereby you can "Buy one, get another FREE" for SGD $19.90." (No idea if the promo's ended or what)

I do not see any figures from Wave 1 on their shelves though...

Try OG instead. The branch at Albert Complex have both Wave 1 & 2 together so you can nab those from there. :) 

16. PoweredConvoy

News Credits:
    Fracas is the same as the Minicon with Icepick, you're thinking of Recoil who hasn't been released except in extremely small numbers.

Randy

17. Automorpher

Automorpher Autobot Slut!

News Credits:
    ^ My bad.

Yeah, the name got switched around. :p 

18. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    Sorry guys, I reallly do not understand how this limited edition of United TM can fit into the hand hole of United toy

[​IMG]

Let say for this item, are you saying that thin handle in the chest hole will use as a gun handler for united hand hole?

Are all of them 3 of them like this?

I am just very concerned if I buy them, they cannot be fitted into any of my united toy as Targetmaster/gun

19. PoweredConvoy

News Credits:
    Recoil (the one in your picture) has a peg on his back that fits into the hands of most United figures.

Haywire, the mostly black one with a silver face has pegs on the sides of his legs that fit into the hands of most larger Transformers.

Fracas also has a peg on his back, that'll fit in most other TF's hands.

The thing you're looking at is a Minicon peg that will fit on the pegs on some Transformers. Most modern Transformers don't have this, but you can find those pegs on the Power Core Combiners, Armada figures, Energon figures, and some Cybertron figures. Classics, Henkei, Universe, Reveal the Shield, and United figures don't have those kinds of pegs (with few exceptions).

Randy

20. Dogbomber

News Credits:
    Hi Randy

Thanks for your clarification. My friend keeps insisting that I should get the TF United Exclusive Targetmasters instead of Powercore version, as he said that there is something specially design for United Exclusive TM to fit in the hand hole of United TF.

But on the other hands, ppl in this forum told me otherwise.

Will you like to explain if both of them (PPC and exclusive) are the SAME mould other than color? And both PPC and Exclusive TM do have the PEGS on them?