TF toys used in other toylines.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by microclone, Nov 19, 2008.

1. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    were actual original TF toys ever used in other toy lines? I know that they have been used as (fairly) recent microman toys, microman is a takara line and some Tf's came from that line.

They werent especially spectacular and were often ill used in the microman lines but there were lots of clear versions at least (for those that like clear toys)

G2 bikes

LED Powers Series MicroBikes

again as an exclusive toys r us japan, looking rather like candy toys!

LED Powers Exclusive MicroBikes

action masters prime truck

LED Powers Series - Mciro Trailer

micromaster base

2000 LED Powers Series - Rocket Base

looks like the prime trailer was also a very limited edition in black! and the rocket base done in gold, again as a very limited run.

perhaps noting too spectacular but interesting nonetheless.

2. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:
    Dai Atlas, Sixshot, Sonic Bomber and Deathsaurus were all repainted/remolded for various different Yuusha/Brave series.

Oh, and the Geisters from Fighbird were based on the Dinobots, although toys of them were never made except for Dinogeist.

3. XJunky

XJunky Howdy Ho Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

A bunch of figs were made by Takatoku.

From TFWiki:

Last edited: Nov 19, 2008
  4. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    In addition to the Braves mentioned above, there were a few others whose animation models were used. Goldran is the big one. Couple of variations on Sonic Bomber from Zone, in addition to a Scorponok redesign. One of the very last mecha to face the heroes also bore a slight resemblance to Gigatron / RiD Megatron.

None of them got toys though.

Also, to correct Chaos Convoy - the Geisters were in Exkaiser, not Fighbird. The ones who were based on the Dinobots were the "lesser Geisters" - based off of Swoop, Sludge, Snarl and Slag. Dinogeist was an all-new design. Not in any way related to Grimlock at all.

5. ams

ams Generation All Veteran

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Here's some pics I took a while back of every Brave toy that was formerly a TF... with the exception of some Micromaster bases that were also included with the Brave line.... I'll have to pull those out and take pics of them as well.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. microclone

microclone Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    ah, cool.

now theres some reused tf that are rather nice, i love the later japanese stuff.

7. Chaos Convoy

Chaos Convoy Dai Gurren-Dan member

News Credits:

Thanks. I was trying to remember if it was Fighbird or Exkaiser. All the early Brave shows kinda just melt together into one entity in my head. And I didn't meant to say Dinogeist was based on one of the Dinobots. I just meant that he was the only one of the Geisters to get a toy.