TF toys need more swords that look like knight swords,not enough swords weapons.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Tigermegatron, Oct 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tigermegatron

Tigermegatron Banned

Am I the only one who wants to see more hand held swords used by TF toys.

I kinda want more swords that are sperate pieces like TF hand guns.

having those molded in swords in the forearms is okay. but I just want to see more swords that are seperate pieces & can be put into a TF toys hand.

I want to see more TF swords that look like those 1400's knight swords.

While they look decent,I'm not a fan of the tank turrents that are TF toy swords.

I want a few big mean swords on TF toys like G-2 Laser prime had. MP Grimlock has.

cybertron vector prime has a knight styled sword but it's got serious rubber floppy bending problems

I was a bit dissapointed that MP Megatron got a SW styled light saber sword. instead of the cool sword the japanese 1985 megatron toy came with.

I've been looking for a decent sword to put in MP Megatron's hands. I even gone to the extreme extents of searching other toy lines & brands for toys that come with knight styled swords. sadly not that many toys out there have knight styled swords.

the PR zords often have decent swords but they haven't made a new zord for quite some time.

My guess is USA based toy companies don't like to arm their toys with knight styled swords because of all the toy safety laws in america. guns are less pointy & more rounded off.

2. Ops_was_a_truck

Ops_was_a_truck JOOOLIE ANDREWWWWWS!!!!!!

Ebay:
    I agree.

3. Wollstone

Wollstone Banned

No

It's stupid. As Harrison Ford once said, "I would just shoot him."

4. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    Transformers are not Braves. Courage, loud shouts, and Bravery with a melee weapon does a lot less when the battlefield is full of guns.

If you want TFs + Swords, watch or get Braves Series or other Jpn bot series. In fact, almost all power ranger zords end up having some swords don't they?

5. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Meh, generally I pefer my TFs to have guns. If there were more swords around the figures that do have them would become less distinctive.
    Overally I like a mix of weaponry but guns should be the most prevalent IMO. I have no logic to back this up, just my personal taste. :D 

6. Sammael

Sammael MightyMegatron from ATT TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Yeah, bringing a sword to a gunfight is not too practical. I'm OK with specific TFs that use melee weapons, particularly those that specialize in stealth and assassination, but for most, guns + fists should be more than enough.

7. Optimus Vader

Optimus Vader Banned

I think TF's with swords is stupid as hell. So they're possibly the most technologically advanced beings in the Universe, but they use primitive weapons? Guns for me.

8. process

process Hanlon's razor Veteran TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    To be fair, a lot of these melee weapons are made of energy.

But I agree with the others posters here: melee in general are a no-no unless the character has a signature weapon, i.e., Grimlock's sword, Prime's axe, Wreck-gar's pizza cutter, etc.

9. exomega255

exomega255 Emerald Green

News Credits:
    they have to be made of energy :p  Transformers are made up of metal. anything less and swords would be even less effective.

Take, using a steel sword against someone with steel armor, or a pellet gun.

Sword transformers are usually extremely skillful and not effective in open combat (stealth, as someone says, or assassination, or commando style).

10. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

I like swords. Axes, daggers, too. I appreciate what TFA brought to the mix (no shooty guns for the Autobots) and recent toys (Drift and Bludgeon's weapons, Straxus's axe, Smolder's axe), too.

And pistols.

When people here say 'guns' I think of your conventional pew-pew laser. Which I find boring.

Sidearm Sideswipe and ROTF Brawn have changed this for me. I can only hope for an Omar-style sawed off shotty turning up on a TF soon. The classics Prime mold has come close.

11. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

Agreed that there aren't enough shotguns in Transformers. The re-load by Prime at the beginning of ROTF before he blew a hole in Demolishor's head was badass IMO and I don't care what anyone else thinks! :D 

12. doomboy536

doomboy536 Universe Onslaught fanboy

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Having some sort of melee weapon as a backup weapon does make sense, especially given that in the TF universe melee combat happens rather frequently. But relying on those exlusively instead of ranged weapons? That makes no sense.

13. Smasher

Smasher HUNKY BEATS

News Credits:
    I don't care about the science or logic behind it, I really like Transformers with melee weapons.

I like the aesthetic Animated has -pretty much all the Autobots have melee weapons.

14. ersico

ersico Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i like the variety we have been given :) 
    thats all ihave to say bout thaaat

15. rizuan76

rizuan76 Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I couldn't have said it better myself. ;) 

16. QmTablit

QmTablit Disguise: Check. Robot...

No.

It makes the few TFs that do wield swords that much cooler. Except Drift.

Besides, giant robots shooting the shit out of everything in sight except the target is just so Reagan 80's that taking it away from Transformers takes away Transformers.

17. Roanstalker

Roanstalker Great Baan Gaan fan

News Credits:
    Seconded ;) 

18. Brainchild

Brainchild Dark Flame Master

I like myself some arm blades. As for held melee weapons, your occasional sword or axe can work, recent examples being Darkmount and Drift, but I don't really care to see them happen all the time.

19. 46+2

46+2 Well-Known Member

I like a combo of guns, swords and a badass axe.

Tigermegatron's thread titles have the most words.

20. Autobot Burnout

Autobot Burnout SANTARN IS COMING AGAIN TFW2005 Supporter

This sounds more like you are complaining about how much you dislike the fact Transformers don't have "knight-styled swords", moreover MP Megatron's lack of a "giant sword" in peticular. Even though he has a ball and chain powered by Energon, for starters.

Really, what makes bladed/meele weapons really good on the few TF's that do have them is that they need to be pretty dang specialized in order to effectively use said weapons within range to actually do some damage. They can go with the theme, ala Bludgeon is a Samurai and so needs a katana, or they are blades that aren't "knight sword shaped" because they are incorperated into the alt. mode, like Mindwipe's cockpit daggers.

If you're so unhappy with the lack of Knight Swords in a franchise about robots with guns, you can make your own swords. Styrene is pretty cheap for that.

Unless it's a gunblade, why would a gun be pointy?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.