TF:TM2 toys

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by RobotoChan, Jun 5, 2008.

1. RobotoChan

RobotoChan Nothing to see here

News Credits:
    Just been thinking about this recently and couldn't come to a good conclusion myself so I am opening it to the floor.

When TF:TM2 hits the screens, what kind of toys can we expect to see on the shelves?

I assume most of the characters from the first film will be in the second and therefore, toys of those will not sell too well as everyone has at least one of each :) 

There are a handful of new characters being introduced but I can't imagine Hasbro not putting a Prime or Megs on sale when the film is launched.

So are we expected to buy the same figures over again or will part of the sequel involve them all getting new paint jobs to justify selling us the same figure with slightly different paint apps?

2. knook

knook Let the Virus Consume You

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well I didn't buy many movie figs so I still need Ratchet and Ironhide to complete the main Autobots so I hope to see new and improved molds for them :D 

3. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I would guess, they would obviously make new molds, and since Bumblebee is suppossed to be a corvette, so I would guess, better, newer molds, just look at animated, I new optimus with sword, Face Plate, Moving mouth, and gun with level 4 transformation would kick so much Glutes!

4. Lance Halberd

Lance Halberd oh hai

News Credits:
    I believe something was said at Botcon along the lines that the recurring characters would have all new toys, and not re-releases of the ones from the first movie line.

5. Heat Guy

Heat Guy Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Well thats good news. Yet makes my wallet sad for my love of Ironhide knows no bounds.

6. Rayzilla Prime

Rayzilla Prime I RIP ALL MY RAZE!

Here's my idea that came to me a while back because of the Bethlehem Steel mill, because I figured (that is, until filming began there) that the 'Cons would use it to make armor and weapons.

I call it "Deluxe Battle Upgrades". Within the range of Fast-Action Battlers (such as size and skill level for the transformation), it comes with extra snap-on armor and/or weapons that can attach to either form. It gives the toy more features and playability. As a bonus, they can go on any of the other Battle Upgrades. Since I see it as a completely separate line from the others, the "upgrades" can't go on a regular Deluxe class figure.

I also stated my idea here. http://www.tfw2005.com/boards/showthread.php?t=178294

7. Maximus_Prime

Maximus_Prime Graphicon

News Credits:
    added armor parts are kinda bad idea IMO because of how easy it would be to lose the armor.

Yeah they said at the panel at Botcon that the returning characters would be getting new molds. I just hope they make them more movie accurate (i'm looking at you Starscream)

I really just can't wait to see the new character figures.

8. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    so, we will get, a new Optimus, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Ratchet, Jazz(?), Arcee.............

9. Alienbot

Alienbot Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I'd rather they re-release the first film's toys and make them more avaliable: I never found Ironhide in my local store. It'd be nice to have a leader Starscream though.

10. hoots

hoots Well-Known Member

I think hasbro will milk as much as they can from chars...

So, there will probably be another voyager and leaders prime, maybe a deluxe aswell... Then they will give them a repaint about 3 months later and another 3 months will bring premos...

I wish people would stop taking this crap so hasbro comes out with one nice mold of each character and moves on.

Then again, im one of those people who have bought the different molds... i just hate doing it.

11. Shaba

Shaba Decepticon femme TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I REALLY hope Hasbro comes out with a leader class Starscream...

...and for Primus's sake, GIVE HIM SOME FRAGGIN' HANDS THIS TIME! :tongue: