TF:TM/Season 3

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Aug 19, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

If Optimus Prime didn't die in The Movie he would still remain leader? or be over he would of still pass it to either Hot Rod or Ultra Magnus. Then if he would of passed it he would of been second in command to Rodimus? Ouch Prime as second in command hard to see and Magnus wouldn't of been the same afterwards.

What do you guys think?

2. modzprime29

modzprime29 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    He would still remain leader, the only reason why prime gave the matrix to UM was because he knew he was gonna die.

3. MechanovaKing

MechanovaKing Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I can easily see Prime stepping aside. Much like a King too old to leader passing the crown onto his son.

Cybertonians don't grow old, but they do age in a way, or get tired. I can see Prime notices HotRod or U.Magnus or who ever being a good leader and decides that he's had enough of the matrix and passes it on.
    He wouldn't give up. He would still be there seen and the spirit of the autobots or something as the new leader goes on

4. Backpack

Backpack Scattershot who?

I missed Prime when they killed him off. Then I was excited when he was brought back. But, after a while I felt Optimus didn't fit in any more, he seemed kind of out dated. Rodimus was the one who defeated Unicron, he was the choosen one.... he should have remained the leader of the Autobots after Optimus came back to life.

5. kryptofred

kryptofred super-con

Ebay:
    I think the matrix has sentience of it's own and therefor Optimus would have known if his time was over and the matrix needed to be passed on. He and Magnus and Alpha Tion all seemed to be caretakers of it. Optimus had time to learn how to communicate with it and was able to use it to enhance his leadership, Magnus never had that chance.

However, had Optimus been in Hot Rods position I think he would have been able to use it's power to destroy Unicron as well.

6. ABrown

ABrown Well-Known Member

I really don't know why, but as a kid I thought that Rodimus Prime was going to remain the leader after Optimus was brought back to life. I was something like six years old when the "Return Of Optimus Prime" episodes aired. I was kinda surprised when I saw "Rebirth" and saw that Optimus was the leader again. Like I said, I was only six years old.

7. Chaos Muffin

Chaos Muffin Misadventure Veteran

Rodimus Prime was starting to grow on me pretty hard.

The 86 movie also made Ultra Magnus look like a dumbass. He deserves another chance to prove himself. I really liked his role in Animated.

8. Gingerchris

Gingerchris Telly-headed Tyrant

News Credits:
    Considering Optimus stepped right back into leadership as soon as he was revived by the Quintesson the Hot Rod/Rodimus Prime thing was just a phase. Even if Optimus had just been badly damaged in the movie and not died he'd have still been overall leader, but maybe passed the Matrix to Ultra Magnus for safekeeping and temporary command while he was being repaired. I don't think Hot Rod would've got much of a sniff of the Matrix in that case. At the very least he'd have been the Chosen One again for defeating Unicron and then given the Matrix back to Optimus one he was fully repaired.

I know this thread is primarily about the cartoon, but near the end of the Marvel G1 comic run Optimus did use the Matrix to destroy Unicron. That said, Optimus also died himself in the process. But then Optimus didn't get a chance to escape like Rodimus did as Optimus also had to hold on until the very last second because the Matrix had been tainted by evil and would've probably joined with Unicron rather than destroy him. Bascially Rodimus set off the 'explosives' and then scarpered while Optimus had to stay and make sure they all detonated and did their job.

9. Aernaroth

Aernaroth <b><font color=blue>I voted for Super_Megatron and Veteran

News Credits:
    Well, he became leader again when he came back, and it didn't seem like anyone on the Autobots wanted him to stop being leader at any point.

So he'd probably remain leader.

Rodimus only because leader again in Headmasters after Optimus died again.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  10. seeker311

seeker311 The Collector

News Credits:
    I was glad to see him become leader again at the end of the season. It was pretty cool that again, it was up to him to save his fellow autobots when that virus was turning them into savages

11. Autovolt 127

Autovolt 127 Get In The Titan, Prime!

News Credits:
    It sucked that Burden Hardest to Bear had aired right before The Return of Optimus Prime.

12. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

How could it suck.....When it didnt air "right" before??

Your confusing the order they are in on the DVD's with the order they aired.

"The Burden Hardest to Bear" first aired on November 19, 1986
    "The Face of the Nijika" first aired on November 20, 1986

3 months of repeats from both season 3 and 2
    "Dark Awakening" repeat airing [either] February 27 1987 or March 1 1987
    "The Return of Optimus Prime, Part 1" first aired on March 2, 1987

13. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Administrator News Staff

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    What about production order?

And however you cut it, that's very close to Return, so the point stands.

As a what if scenario though, suppose Prime had survived, I could have seen Rodimus as the leader on Cybertron, who handles all the action off-world, while Optimus and his elite team protect the security of the Earth. Vehicle Voltron / Lion Voltron style, both existing in different parts of the same universe.

14. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Production numbers shows "Burden" followed by "the return", but wether or not they are produced according to their numberse I cant say for sure.
    3 months is very close when they were airing on a 5 day a week schedule????

Sorry but I just dont see how anyone can think that.

that could have worked