TF:TM Novel out!

Discussion in 'Transformers News and Rumors' started by rattrap007, May 26, 2007.

1. rattrap007

rattrap007 Insert witty comment here TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Just got back. Found the novel for the new movie at Barnes & Noble (also saw it at Books-a-million). Bought it. If pics are needed I'll take some.. it is a book so pics are kinda useless

2. Super_Saiyan

Super_Saiyan British Bumblebee

pics are needed

3. redsquadron

redsquadron Token idiot...

I dare you to look at the last page (but don't report
    what you read here!)

4. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    No they aren't.

I believe someone found the novel a few days ago.

5. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Review it and post spoilers. :D  I'm a bit curious if there were things changed from the leaked script.

6. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Got a pic. let me upload and link it.

[​IMG]

7. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    The novel =/= The movie

The novel will be cooler, more descriptive, tells more of what you need to know to understand things, and is just all around better. That was the case with the Spider-Man 3 movie and novel.

I'll pick it up once I've seen the movie.

8. Ra88

Ra88 Dutchman!

News Credits:
    Oh, I know that. But the story should be fairly accurate to that of the movie. I'm mostly interested in knowing if "certain" deaths don't happen anymore.

9. Lord Of Tetris

Lord Of Tetris Well-Known Member

I'm more curious to know if Ratchet and Brawl are even *in* the movie.

10. redsquadron

It's possible things will be different between book and film, especially as dialogue was still being written quite late in the day. I'm interested to know how much exposure some of the more 'minor' Transformers are given myself, as long as no spoilers are involved.

11. BeastWars 4ever

BeastWars 4ever Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Might pick it up after I see the movie. Why is it out this far in advance of the movie?

12. JoshBot

JoshBot Well-Known Member

Starscream kills Dumbledore.

13. onesock

onesock Banned

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    :lol  :lol  :lol  :lol 

LMFAO! I'm so quoting that in my sig.

14. redsquadron

Well that's saved me five quid on a movie ticket then!

15. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Ok I'm about 3 chapters in so far... here come the spoilers

Spoilers: (highlight to read)

Ok it starts off with the cube coming to Earth. Not super descriptive but kinda long winded. When you read this chapter you will see what I mean. Then it goes into Witwicky and his polar expedition in the artic with him finding the "ice man"

Next comes when we meet our troops in Qatar. This quickly leads into the Blackout attack. Pretty good.

Next comes Sam getting his car. This is absolutely hilarious. Bernie Mac's charchter is going to be hilarious on screen. Sleezy and cheap. He wants $5000 for BB. Sam's dad is only going as high as $4000. Bernie tries to persuade them into another car. BB has other ideas like swinging a door open into Bernie. Blares the horn at incredibly loud volume and pitch (breaking the glass of all the other cars on the lot)

End Spoilers

So far it is pretty good. Chapter 3 is the best so far. Can't wait to see that on screen.

16. thoughtcrime

thoughtcrime Well-Known Member

I'll pick this up once I've seen the film.

17. Autobot_X

Autobot_X Well-Known Member

We know ratchet is (seen him in a couple trailers/spots) there's a thread in the movie section discussing this. Also we've seen behind the scenes photo's of brawl in tank form.

18. rattrap007

News Credits:
    I was mistaken the description was only the first two chapters. Here is a little more with chapters 3 & 4:

Spoilers. (Again highlight to read)

I forgot to mention in the last part there is a scene where Sam is having to give a social studies report about someone in his family. He of course is talking about his great great great grandfather. But the report turns into a sales pitch for the items. He is selling them to buy the car.

Ok after that a new character is introduced. Her name is Maggie. She is heading to a meeting. IIRC she works for NASA in signal encryption. She gets to the building but intelligence agents take her and others from her place and take them (not stated but I'm guessing the pentagon). There the Secretary of Defense tells them they need there help and tells them of the attack at SOCCENT base in Qatar. He plays them the sound that is there only lead. She recognizes it as being something like a modem, but far more advanced than anything man made.

Next Sam goes out to hang out at the lake in his new car. Megan Fox's character has a fight with her jock boyfriend and decides to walk home. This is when we get Bumblebee's "radio talk". He plays :Who's gonna Drive you Home" by the Cars. Sam then ditches his friend to try and give her a ride. Sam tries to be cool, but is still a dork. BB fakes car trouble and stop on a bluff overlooking the city. BB plays a romantic song by Barry White. Same tries to turn off the radio but it come back on to "Sexual Healing". Again he turns it off. Well Megan is car whiz and takes a look. She decides she is gonna walk home the rest of the way. As she is leaving BB plays "Baby Come Back". Well she does and he gives her a ride the rest of the way. He drops her off and when he drives off he now LOVES his car.

END SPOILERS

When I first heard that BB didn't talk in the movie was worried that the radio talk would make him like a radio version of WreckGar. But seeing it done like this in the book, I'm a lot more open to it.

19. Batman

Batman The Dark Knight TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Sounds good so far. I wonder if Barry White will be replaced with the Goo Goo Dolls song?

20. rattrap007

News Credits:
    Ok got some more again.. you know the drill for the spoilers:

Ok next we find ourselves on Air Force One with Frenzy disguised as a boombox. He manages to scuttle into the underbelly of the plane and connects to the Pentagon through the president's secure access. Pentagon manages to discover this and sever the connection. But not after Frenzy uploads a virus that thinks and counter acts to antivirus software. Frenzy is confronted by three agents and he kills them with killer metal discs. When more arrive they just find three bodies and a boombox. The plane later touches down and frenzy sneaks into Barricade who is there on the tarmac. Frenzy relays the info to Barricade. Then Frenzy turns into a police dashboard device.

We also hook back up with the Air Force team as they make there way from the attacked base. Scorponok follows them under the sand and attacks. They manage to find a cell phone in the small Qatari village but the squad commander can't get through to the pentagon without a credit card so he has to borrow one from Epps. The pentagon has a pair of A-10s bomb Scorponok.

Meanwhile Sam is asleep when he is awakened to BB driving off. He pursues his "stolen" car (while calling 911 on his cell phone) to a junkyard where it stands up and leaps into the air. Sam is attacked by two junkyard dogs, but his car comes to the rescue. Then the police show up and he get's taken into custody. He gets hassled in interrogation. The cop thinks Sam is on something.

Now it is the morning and Sam is bummed about last night. He grabs a drink and freaks out when BB is back right outside his house. Now Sam thinks he's got the car of Satan. He dashes out the door to head to friends house and away from the possessed car.

End spoilers.

The writing ins't great, but the story is good. The author tries to switch stuff up now and then, but it comes off like trying to a square peg in a round hole. For example, Sam grabs a glass of milk. A line or two later he calls it cow juice.

Just comes off as awkward. Still a decent read. Fun too. I'm about halfway done so far. This just makes me want to see the film more.