TF:TM 86 Questions

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

TF:TM Question

I know there's alot of threads concerning the famous movie back in 86, but I have a few question that never bothered with until now:

• When he ordered Ironhide and the others to go to Autobot City on Earth to go get some Energon cubes. Do you think Prime was getting a little worried that they were taking forever?

• If it wasn't for Blaster's distress call, you think Prime would of figured out that something is wrong?

• If Daniel and Hot Rod never went to look out Mountain and saw the hole in the Shuttle, the Autobots would of never known that the Decepticons were piloting the Shuttle and they would of landed unnoticed?

Thanks

2. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Why would he be?
    Getting to Earth, filing the shuttle with energon cubes and getting back to the moon with out alearting the Decepticons would have taken a few days.

The Decepticons continued on the trip with out wasting time.
    The attack on AC only raged about a day before Blaster sent the signal

eventually....sure.Maybe after a few days with no word.

most likely yes.

3. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

If Prime never gotten Blaster's call, the Decepticons would of destroyed Autobot City and vanquished the Autobots as planned

4. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    ... why are you answering your own questions?

5. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

It was supposed to be a question i forgot the question mark

6. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

most likely.

But, since they always seem to fail, who knows.

7. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

In order to fully vanquish the Autobots, they would have to go back to Cybertron and kill the Autobots, including Prime

8. Maverick Hunter Christian

Maverick Hunter Christian Choke on that, causality!

News Credits:
    Depending on their overall level of readiness and how skilled they were with covert operations, the Autobots on the Moonbases likewise could've dealt a crippling blow to Decepticon infrastructure on Cybertron -- what with Megatron having committed the majority of his top tier assets to the Autobot City offensive.

That said, had the Decepticons sacked Autobot City and removed the Autobots largest remaining stronghold, its pretty easy to see the remainder of their forces falling afterward.

9. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Optimus wasnt on Cybertron, and I doubt any Autobots were

10. IronicHide

IronicHide MEME GO HERE

I'm going to assume by "Cybertron" we're meaning the moonbases, inclusively.

You know, it's not a bad shout. Most of the Decepticons' biggest guns are committed to destroying Autobot City. If they did succeed, Optimus, Bumblebee, Jazz, Cliffjumper, Hound, Sunstreaker, the Dinobots and maybe some others wouldn't make a bad last-ditch assault / assassination squad against Shockwave et al to take Cybertron.

Face it, most of the crew in Autobot City were chumps like Springer and Hot Rod. Pretty much the expendable end of Autobots. Except Huffer and Smokescreen, they were badasses.

Wow, I've just written an entirely different movie in my head. Most of it is worryingly close to All Hail Megatron, though.

11. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    You forgot Wheeljack there Ironichide. He was probably one of the most important Autobots at the city at the time as their inventor and engineer, after Ultra Magnus, Kup, etc.

12. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Reading these posts makes me think of something. After the opening credits, we see that the Bots are monitoring Con activity on Cybertron, so, would they have noticed that a large number of top ranking Cons had gone offworld after a bit?

13. Ryan F

Ryan F Transform and Roll Out!

News Credits:
    You have to remember as well, that the Decepticons in the movie were absolutely badass - as far away from the unruly mob of the standard cartoon episodes as can be imagined.

Note the following:

1) The Decepticons were now (gasp) good shots, and their shots could kill. Ironhide, Prowl, Prime etc. were all killed by these new & improved future-cons. And after Unicron did his re-formatting bizzle, things got even worse. Galvatron took out the Autobot ships with ease, and they ripped poor old Magnus to shreds, and successfully stole the Matrix.

2) Nobody's yet mentioned this, so I'll spell it out here clear as day... THE DECEPTICONS HAD WON CYBERTRON!!! Yes, that's right, they had completely ripped the Autobots to shreds, banishing them from their home planet, and forcing them to skulk about and spy from the safety of some crummy-ass moons and a base on Earth. Think about that for a second.

3) The Decepticons would've completely won in the Movie, if not for a couple of things that they were unable to forsee -

a) As already mentioned, they were hella unlucky that Daniel spotted the hole in the shuttle in good time.

b) They were even more unlucky not to completely destroy Mangnus's ship - Magnus having jettissonned most of the hull in the process.

c) They were even MORE unlucky that the one Autobot with the power to harness the Matrix managed to survive the events on Quintessa, where he could've died on at least three seperate occasions.

So obviously, there's a big conclusion to be drawn here...

SOMEHOW, the Decepticons became all-powerful at some point before the movie, giving them better blasters and enabling them to take over Cybertron and kill our heroes.

ALSO, they were undone by a string of coincidences, which conspired against them, enabling the Autobots to win through in the end.

Fellas, it sounds like Vector Sigma was involved in this shindig.

If you remember the events of the TV episode 'The Rebirth', the Autobot master-computer set in motion a whole series of events - including some bad stuff like the Deceptions unleasing Plasma Energy and building Scorponok - for the greater good - i.e. the start of a new Golden Age on Cybertron.

As such, I believe that Vector Sigma was at it again in the movie. Vector Sigma gave the Deceptions the power to overthrow Cybertron, but all the while realising that it was setting in motion a chain of events that would destroy Unicron and light the Autobot's darkest hour.

Yes, I've thought about this a litle too much...

14. DecepticonSpike

DecepticonSpike Member of the Scrappy Doo Fan Club

News Credits:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    Interesting. I have one question, though. If Vector Sigma could be behind it, why not do it in a way that wouldn't have so many deaths?

15. FreshDebesh

FreshDebesh <b><font color=brickred>oye chak de phatte!</font> Veteran

You can't question Vector Sigma's motives! Alpha Trion made that abundantly clear in The Rebirth 3 parter.

16. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

So basically if the Decepticons were to return to Cybertron and the Moons, they wouldn't have any energy and strenght to finish off the rest of the Autobots there due to the battle on Autobot City no?

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

are you asking, after they lost the battle at a-city?

or if they won?

18. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

If they would of won at a-city

19. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

If the Decepticons had won at Autobot city, they wouldn't have to worry about being low on energy.

They would have been able to use the energy that autobot city generated on a daily basces.

They would havev used the autobots stored energy and then went to the moons and finish off the rest of the Autobots

20. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

But Prime could of unleashed the power of the Matrix no?