TF:TM (86) pre-show

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Wheeljack30, Mar 22, 2011.

1. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Before the Movie came out to the movies they showed previews on TV but when you heard about the movie and went to see it and before it started did you guys had an idea that alot of characters might die and a Prime and Megs would go in final battle to the finish? Cause I had no idea that the movie came out cause I moved to Europe in 85 before season 2 finishes and had no idea. But later in 87 I saw a few episodes with a new cast but I didn’t know it was the same TF I was watching before I moved. Anyways I just wanted to know.

Thanks

2. Ruination04

Ruination04 8 Years Old Since 1984!

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I didn't know it at all....I remember the "Does Prime die?" tag line, but never thought anyone really would....

3. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

I thought prime would die. Because of the trailer that says does prime die? If so who leads or what ever the actual words were.
    Even as I kid I knew there would be some question as to who the Autobot leader would be.

4. Backscatter

Backscatter Autobot Brainmaster TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Back in 86, I never believed Optimus Prime would die until that day in August when I saw the Movie opening day. I had actually purchcased Hot Rod (metal feet!), Kup, Blur, Rodimus Prime, Ultra Magnus, and Galvatron before seeing the Movie. The last two where only listed as "City Commander" on the Bio cards, so I had no idea that Megatron would become Galvatron either. Even as a younger adult, I was shocked at all the death. At the time, I didn't even really notice Wheelie or realize how hated that character would become.

5. Nachtsider

Nachtsider Banned

News Credits:
    The Sunbow G1 cartoon, unlike my beloved Marvel G1 comics, displayed an irritating unwillingness to kill off any cast member. I watched the 1986 film thinking the cartoons' lame status quo would not change, and ended up being pleasantly surprised. The G1 cartoons should have matched the movie's mood from the very beginning.

6. hthrun

hthrun Show accuracy's overrated

Ebay:
    Same here. I thought, "Death never happens in cartoons." I was pretty blown away in that first battle...

I was also blown away when the cast was shown during the opening theme. I didn't expect all those new characters.
    I wish I could have the same feeling going into the new movies, but it's too hard to avoid spoilers of who's going to be in them...

7. adamthered

adamthered Reads comics. Starts shit

News Credits:
    I was 10. Of course this never crossed my mind. So imagine said mine being blown out of my head when characters started getting killed left and right!

8. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    I thought they would live like they always do. Get shot, come back next day. But Megs clear out the ship, I was like oh it real now. But when they killed prime, I never watched season 3 or 4...they killed the entire G1 cast in 10 minutes...I was like that BS...turned the channel and saw some turtles that knew kung fu and ate pizza....

9. AngryChad

AngryChad Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I think my dad, who was in his 30s at the time and took me to see the movie, was more shocked than I was. What I remember most about that day was him walking out of the theater muttering "That was crazy. They don't kill people in shows... especially kids shows!"

10. Wheeljack35

Wheeljack35 Well-Known Member

LOL Before the movie started I heard this one father turn to his kid and ask this were the Gobots...I went on a saturday the second day it opened in 86 and called in sick from work and took my youngest brother

During the movie as it went on I kept seeing all th characters die off I thought wtf? Who will be next

11. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Galvatron's, Magnu's , Hot Rod's, Kup's toy came way out way before the Movie? Well Galvatron being introduced in the movie and no one knowing him being Megatron maybe kids thought prior the movie that Megatron would lose his battle to Prime and Galvatron becoming new leader with the formation of Megs. I first heard about the movie well i am a little late LOL i noticed it only in 2007 LOLL when it played on YTV this canadian TV station, when i say Prime died i was like WTF??!!

12. Wheeljack35

I remember months before the movie came out I seen the transformers toy guide we got remember the autobots were on one side and the decepticons were on the other?

Well I seen Rodimus Prime and Galvatron and they were supposedly City Commanders I thought they were new second in commands to Optimus and Megatron

13. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

Yeah i remember that since i got Metroplex in 87 from Greece. And how can Rodimus Prime becomes Prime's second in command when they share the same name and in order for him to become 2nd in command Prowl and Ironhide have to accept the fact they are no longer 2nd in commands

14. Grimlock_13

Grimlock_13 Reformed Geewunner

News Credits:
    I don't remember ever seeing any TV commercials or previews for it. I remember seeing it and being surprised at all the deaths but it didn't bother me too much so being prepared for it wouldn't have made a huge difference. Honestly I was more sad that Prowl and Ironhide died than Optimus.

15. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

I was more upset at the ratings of the movie they could of atleast made a different version of the battle on Autobot City and having Ironhide, Prowl, Brawn etc fighting side by side with Magnus and the rest of the crew

16. Auto Morph

Auto Morph Gimmick Bot

IIRC the comics gave a lot away as to the plot of the movie, not to mention the new toys, as others have said. I can't remember how much I put two and two together when I was 8 years old, but I'm sure I knew something wasn't right.

17. sto_vo_kor_2000

sto_vo_kor_2000 Banned

Ummm, the "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles" cartoon didnt air till almost a year and a half later.

What
    Rodimus Prime was not marked as "City Commandert".

Ultra Magnus was.

Rodimus was "Autobot Protector".

Ironhide was never "2nd" in command.

18. exclusacon

exclusacon Expert with the Scopes!

News Credits:
    My point exactly...

19. Wheeljack35

Right I forgot about that it was Magnus that was the City Commander Its been a long time since I seen those pamplets

20. Wheeljack35

Remember this was months before the movie that what I thought I didn't know they wanted to replace Optimus with some dorky pushover :p