TF: TM 25th Anniversery

Discussion in 'Transformers General Discussion' started by Rattrap Primal, Jan 16, 2011.

1. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

Does anyone think that Hasbro has any plans for the 25th anniverery of the original movie (released 25 years ago) Will Hasbro do any special reissues, MP releases or molds (might explain Scourge in Generations and MP Rodimus this year)

2. D-Unit

D-Unit #1 Heel

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I doubt it, they kind of did the works with the 20th anniversayr DVD a few years back. I think the "Battle in Space" 2-pack is the closest you're going to get, which is too bad. IMO they should do like they did with the GI Joe DVD Battle Packs a few years back and release the DVD with a few figures, maybe one set with Rodimus, Kup and Galvarton, another with Scourge, Wreck-Gar and Blurr or Magnus or something and have one come with a DVD of the movie and the other with a Five Faces of Darkenss DVD. That's what I would do, but I doubt that's happening. At least we're getting updated versions of all the movie characters

3. CZ Hazard

CZ Hazard @DiabraveSid

News Credits:
    They just did 25 years of TF in 2009 and the 2010 celebrations in Japan, so I doubt we'll see anything for the movies 25th. But if you want to celebrate the 25th anniversary with MP Rodimus, go for it.

4. Thenames9

Thenames9 D-d-d-d-duel!

News Credits:
    Well, possibly the reason why we're getting so many Season 3 characters?

5. FatalT 71

FatalT 71 Mr. JazzHunter

News Credits:
    I'd just like to see a 25th Anniversary Blu Ray of the movie.

6. DrGrim

DrGrim OBEY

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Facebook:
    Yeah, that's what it'd take to get me to buy a 4th copy of the movie.

7. GBglide

GBglide Furst Fanatic

I want it on Blu-ray too.

8. Wingwolf77

Wingwolf77 Decepticon Dark lord

I think at some point they should do an anniversary line. I know kids are the prime customer for the toy lines but it would be cool to have toyline of improved movie characters. I know we have got many in updated toys. But I would like to see them done in the same model as the movie. Like a masterpiece lite line.

9. Sol Fury

Sol Fury The British Butcher Veteran

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Instagram:
    Masterpiece Rodimus and a rerelease of the movie seems like the most likely combination.

Makes it all the more likely that Mr Next Masterpiece is Galvatron as well - why not celebrate the Movie with its two leading men (and Unicron technically though he was last year)

Unfortunately it'll probably get overlooked like the 25th anniversary because of Dark of the Moon. But hopefully Rodimus will make up for it with some really nice packaging - I'm just now thinking if he were packed in something like the old animated movie Viewmaster packaging it would be awesome.

(For those not in the know, that was a mainly red packaging - similar to the current standard for Generations - but it had a filmstrip of Movie scenes down the side. Now imagine, if you will, a display box similar to current leader packaging with the filmstrip of the key Hot Rod / Rodimus sequences from the film)

10. Wheeljack_Prime

Wheeljack_Prime Searching for the Infin-Honey Stones

News Credits:
    I think the fact we're getting Generations Kup, Arcee, Perceptor, Scourge, and Wreck-Gar might be the closest to an actual celebration we see. Who knows, maybe Hasbro did it intentionally and we'll see Blaster, Springer, and Wheelie by years end.

11. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl

Seeing that they had re-released TF: TM for its 20th Anniversary, I really can't see them re-releasing it again for its 25th Anniversary. The 20th Anniversary edition of the movie was packed with lots of special features, so it would be rather pointless to come out with another anniversary edition of the movie, especially 5 years after the last major anniversary.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  12. Feralstorm

Feralstorm Good Morning, Weather Hackers! TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I'd take that.

13. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it!

News Credits:
    Would be kinda cool, but more like SF said with Rodimus and the movie..blu ray..aaaahhhh, I don't think so, but if it happens, I'm sure I'll pick up a copy. I'm happy with all the upcoming releases, which are many of the characters from the 86 movie.

14. nemisispringer

nemisispringer Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree that the toy releases we have seen are definateley a hoage to the films aniversary but i doubt we will see blaste springer and wheelie i reckon hasbro said right what havent we done and what havent any third parties done though i wouldnt put it past them to squeeze in a scout wheelie and deluxe springer and blaster who knows generations may even run side by side with the movie line

15. Wheeljack30

Wheeljack30 Banned

What kind of special features was there in the 20th anniversary?? like we see more Autobots/Decepticons? like Bluestreak in battle Sideswipe Wheeljack etc???

16. Spiderus Prime

Spiderus Prime TFW SpongeBob and TTV's MS 2.0

News Credits:
    Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    YouTube (Legacy):
    Shout Factory's 25th Anniversary Edison Transformers The Movie with more special features as will look at the TFTM'86 with the Bay Movies Characters who are look in both movies.

17. AniProwl

AniProwl Banned

News Credits:
    I also think the movie's 25th anniversary is why most of the season 3 has been getting the toy treatment.

18. Rattrap Primal

Rattrap Primal Geek Overlord, Botbot Collector

you have a point, the last go around of Universe we got mostly Season 1 and 2 characters, and this year we're getting the few remaining 1984 thru 1985 cast (Thundercracker, Jazz, Tracks, Grapple, Wheeljack, Warpath, Thrust, Dirge, Perceptor) while the bulk of Generations/ Reveal the Shield are the movie and later cast (Kup, Arcee, Blurr, Drift, Wreck Gar, Skullgrin, Thunderwing, Scourge)

19. chrizgrv

chrizgrv lurker in the depths

I would like a US bluray of this. Anyways, I will be watching it on the 8th with Unicron, 20th anniversary prime, mp megatron, mp rodimus, and mp grimlock in dino mode.

20. Tripredacus

Tripredacus K-Mart-ian Legend

News Credits:
    It had easter eggs like Japanese commercials, and also an interview. I forget what else.

But no, no additional movie footage or anything like that.