TF the Score: what do you want to hear in the future?

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by Tyrannosaur, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Tyrannosaur

Tyrannosaur 100% Sarcastic Saurian

I'm sure all of you loved the score that was composed by the ever-talented Steve Jablonsky, who is right up there with John Williams and Hans Zimmer. I've purchased both scores on CD, My favorites being Scorponok and Forest Battle.

What I want to hear in Transformers 3 is the main tune of the theme song, but played in full-out orchestra, similar in style to the Autobots track. Imagine how awesome that would sound as the movie started. What do you fans think of the Scores composed and what do you want to hear in the future sequels?

2. Tyrannosaur

Really? Am I the only one who listens to the scores? :lol 

3. Ephland

Ephland Let's Go Rangers

News Credits:
    there are bits and pieces that i like from both, but i've only spent money on a few of the actual tunes.

4. Awesomus Prime

Awesomus Prime I rise, you fall.

News Credits:
    I would very much like to hear another version of "Arrival to Earth". That song (and the sequence in which it was heard) really moved me when I saw the first movie for the very first time. It was briefly heard during ROTF, right before Jetfire was found in the museum. But, that version was nowhere near as beautiful.

5. Lbsammills51

Lbsammills51 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah, something as awe-inspiring as Arrival to Earth would be wonderful. Longer songs in general since some of the stuff on the second film's score is a bit shorter. A revisiting of the main Decepticon theme from the first film would be fun.

Honestly, as long as the third film's score has a bunch of music that I end up hearing over and over years later as background music to sports clips and montages like I do whenever I watch Sportscenter or random sports games playing stuff from the first film, than in an odd way I figure the third film's score will have been a great success.

6. tf7

tf7 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    a portion of 'arrival to earth' was also heard when prime was revived in the final battle. It was a beautiful scene, almost close to when it was used in the first movie.

7. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    Also when Prime made his grand entrance, jumping (or rolling, i guess) out of the cargo plane.

But I thought the best use was in the Smithsonian, as the panning shots of our history of flight seemed a very appropriate time to hear the "Arrival to Earth" motif.

Here's to hoping we finally see a complete ROTF score surface like we did for the first film.

8. knoted

knoted Resistor Transistor

News Credits:
    With all due respect ; I am not a fan of the John Williams / Jablonsky style of movie orchestra music. It sounds way too bombastic to me.

So, for TF3 I would like to hear more variation; music which suggests smaller, more subtle set pieces.

For the parts which do need to sound huge I would suggest to bring back 70's sci fi trumpet music such as the BRILLIANT Blake's 7 tune : YouTube - Blakes 7 opening

9. jamjam101

jamjam101 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    i love all the tracks (except the decepticon tracks) from both cd's.
    what i want in the third is more of the main theme in full orchestra like mentioned. a lot more of the climatic hook from "scorpanok" theme as well...we were missing that a lot on ROTF score.

i was also thinking, that like movie terminator 2 (anyone who's seen it) TF3 should have somewhat of an emotional intro like T2, maybe showing ravaged cybertron, or problems caused on earth due to knowledge of aliens living here whilst playing a slow orchestrated Autobot's theme.

10. Murasame

Murasame CHIMICHANGAS

News Credits:
    I would prefer a synthesized Soundtrack. Nowadays scores sound either similar or are just tracks of some modern bands... Not very creative and unique...

Would be pretty cool having the original Transformers Theme melody incorporated into the Score...

11. Sizzle

Sizzle Sparkabot

More of what we've gotten the last 2 times, please.

12. shroobmaster

shroobmaster Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It should be all stan buss and the classic transformers theme!!!!!!!!

13. AutobotIgnition

AutobotIgnition Autobot

I really loved the score to both movies.
    Now that would be awesome! :D 

14. Zigholtul

Zigholtul I am the Waffle Maker

News Credits:
    Ebay:
  15. Lock Cade

Lock Cade Tarn Fangirl TFW2005 Supporter

I absolutely love listening to Steve Jablonsky's scores for the Transformers movies. I sure do hope that Michael Bay will have him compose the score for TF3! :D 

All I can ask is for more awesome tracks in vein to Autobots, Scorponok, Forest Battle among other favorites of mine.

16. Digilaut

Digilaut My name is Drift.

News Credits:
    I'm still waiting for the orchestra piece of the movie 1 Autobots and Decepticons themes blending in together until they break into a full out Transformers theme for the final battle.

17. Coeloptera

Coeloptera Big, bad beetle-bot

In complete and total seriousness, coming from someone with classical voice training and who collects movie scores...just 2 days ago, I mentioned in a conversation that I literally could barely recall any portion of the score to RotF because the movie's sound overwhelmed the music to a great degree.

I'll need to actually hear it properly before I can judge it.

- Coeloptera

18. jametron

jametron Release the Kraken!!!!!!!

News Credits:
    With all due respect John Williams and Steve Jablonsky are like apples and oranges. They don't have a shared style.

19. Tyrannosaur

True. Their music is very different from eachother. Some of their work is very similar to eachother it's hard to tell the difference. Overall I love thier work so much. It's amazing to listen to.

20. Sage o' G-fruit

Sage o' G-fruit Critics gonna critique

News Credits:
    [​IMG]