TF storage.

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by Skyfire21, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Skyfire21

Skyfire21 A Challenger Approaches!

Ebay:
    So i'm basically trying to cut down on some space and I was thinking of getting rid of all the boxes from the opened/still in storage figures, aside from stuff like Masterpiece boxes.

Anyway, I was thinking of the best way to store them if I did indeed do that. Plastic baggies? I have no idea, I just know I have tons of space used up because of the boxes.

2. kronatron

kronatron Well-Known Member

I've been putting mine in those thick plastic pouches with a zipper, the kind that bedspreads come packaged in. I find them to ward off humidity and the zipper keeps the bugs away, too.

-Kronatron

3. Erland

Erland Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Half-assed way? throw them in to zip locks and then into the plastic tubs

Good way? Separate their accessories and put them into the individual compartment plastic boxes you will find in the fishing isle at wal*mart. Then find a shoe box size plastic container and put the bigger (than accessories but smaller than bots) into it. Then take your bots and transform then into their most compressed form, normally alt mode. Once you have done this, bubble wrap them and put them into the plastic tubs. Do not wrap them too tight.

In between half assed and good - I have a zip lock full of legions, one full of happy meal toys, and then each bot is transformed and put into zip locks, as many as I can fit without cramping them. Then I put them into a tub. All accessories are stored in a plastic container, that as the individual compartments and then things like DOTM Ultra Optimus gun, or RID Primes ladder goes into the shoe box size container.

4. brr-icy

brr-icy G1 Collector

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    on a shelf

5. rosewater

rosewater Well-Known Member

Loosely wrapped in water washed pure cotton cloth, placed in plastic tote with vent holes or loose fitting lid. Everything breathes, and the ventilation allows offgass to leave and not discolor the plastic.

6. Avengers

Avengers Banned

Instead of throwing the boxes out. Maybe you can sell the empty TF boxes on ebay.
    Fans are always looking to complete their TF toys. boxes complete TF toys.