Tf Source's prices & shipping compare to other online sites

Discussion in 'Transformers Toy Discussion' started by trence5, Jul 16, 2012.

1. trence5

trence5 Well-Known Member

Hi all.
    I seriously thinking of pulling the trigger for Jet-Vehicon (due to not being able to find the RiD version here - and it looks cool as hell:cool: ), and I considering TFsource for the first time but I have some question about their prices and if it equals out when shipping comes into play.
    I've seen the Jet-Vehicon at TF Source for 29.99, while at other online places like Amiami, and Robot Kingdom I've seen for like 23 or rather 24 dollars. It sometimes look as if TFSources prices are more so I'm curious if its because the shipping rates would equal out if I were to go with an overseas store? I ask because I was trying to see what TFSource's shipping was and it didn't give me anything.

any answer or info is appreciated fellas:thumb 

2. Risko_Vinsheen

Risko_Vinsheen Well-Known Member

Can't speak entirely to their prices as I've only ordered from them once (though I have plans to order from them again in the near future) but when I ordered my Hercules they were a cheaper price per figure than other sites, plus had a $10 discount for every two figures (ordered 4 figures, so had $20 off my order total on top of what I as already saving from their base price) and free shipping since the order was over $150.

Their prices seem pretty good, and the figures arrived quickly and safely. They also have the Source Points program as an incentive for ordering from them more often. I'm hoping I can get myself a free Dai Atlas Alternity figure in the near future. :) 

3. trence5

Thanx for the reply. funny I thought there would be more input about prices and shipping..

4. webz

webz Banned

Ebay:
    I preordered Masterpiece Soundwave and Sideswipe for the very reason of free shipping and points... makes it a far better deal compared to other sites.

5. Molina00

Molina00 Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    I pre-ordered 3 of them from Captured Prey for $27 apiece. They are sold out now though. With shipping it came to around $30 apiece. I personally would probably get them from TFSource or BBTS. I think they are the same price at both stores and at BBTS you can put them in your POL and have it shipped with other stuff to save shipping. I have never bought from from non-US dealers, but I imagine their shipping is a killer and makes up for any difference in price.

6. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

tfsource can cost a little more but now they have the free shipping for order of $150+ you can probably take advantage of that. tfsource and bbts also have the advantage of located in US and english speaking staffs in case there's some problems with your items.

7. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    TFSource's free shipping and points do not count if you're outside the US.

Preordering two vehicons and a darkness megatron from robotkingdom equals to about 99 USD of product and 32 USD shipping to Europe.

For RK shipping for one vehicon would be about their base price + 8-11 USD.

8. trence5

damn.... any body order from Amiami?

9. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    Order locally, it will make it easier for you in the long run. Plus their is no customs hassles or anything else to worry about.

Also, if you go with TFSource, use Paypal. They have been compromised 2 times in the past with CC. No issues with Paypal.

10. trence5

Order locally? What if what you're trying to order is a Japanese only figure like say "you-know-who" or Jet-Vehicon

11. Alucard77

Alucard77 Kaon Gladiator Champion

News Credits:
    BBTS, Captured Prey, TFSource, are all US sellers. So locally, I mean US seller. Very rare a US seller will not carry a international figure. Pay the marked up price, and don't sweat it.

At least you will know you will get it with no headaches.

12. wolfe

wolfe Well-Known Member

Ebay:
    You can take advantage of free shipping from tfsource if you order enough or use the POL feature BBTS has. That way you can save on shipping which adds up over time.

13. Knightdramon

Knightdramon Hasbro LIES to the US

News Credits:
    Amiami used to be great to order from, they are great *IF* you get your order in, but for the past half year their preorders on anything other than gundam fill up within an hour.

14. Maetel

Maetel Well-Known Member

i took a look at amiami's website, user interface seems pretty bad - why can't they show sold-out status on the items results when you do a search, why must i click on an item to to see if it's sold out?! lame.

15. s_cren

s_cren Banned

Etoysjaoan seems pretty good for shippin and has some marked down prices too

16. trence5

thanx alot. anyone how Robotkingdom's shipping is?