TF: ROTF Autobot/Decepticon possible breakdown and theories

Discussion in 'Transformers Movie Discussion' started by TripEllex, Sep 28, 2008.

1. TripEllex

TripEllex New Member

Hey guys. I've been scouring the web for months, checking every news site and message board whenever new set pics, toy protos, concept images and set vids are released and keeping track of them all, and I have created a breakdown of who I believe will be in the movie, and what their forms will be. Granted, this is a LOT of speculation and conjecture and should be taken with a smile and an open mind, and not a lot of flaming. Bay stated numerous times there would be a lot of disinformation. Anyways, here is my breakdown:

Autobots

Confirmed

Optimus Prime
    --------------- Red/Blue Peterbilt 379-S
    Rachet
    ----------------------- Yellow 2004 Hummer H2 (Modified)
    Ironhide
    ---------------------- Black 2006 GMC Topkick
    Jazz -------------------------- Silver 2007 Pontiac Solstice GXP
    Bumblebee
    ------------------- Yellow 2009 Chevrolet Camaro, later Yellow 2010 Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Concept (Alt link)
    Sideswipe -------------------- Silver Chevrolet Corvette Centennial Edition Concept (Confirmed on set)(Robot mode Concept)

Unofficially Confirmed

Arcee ------------------------ Red/Blue/PurpleRetroSBK motorcycles (potential Combiner)
    The Twins -------------------- Purple/White Ice Cream Truck (Note: The Twins could be Runamuck and Runabout)
    Stinger ----------------------- Unknown Porsche, possible green 2009 Porsche Cayenne (one is used as a camera rig)

Wheels (Wheelie?) ----------- Blue RC Monster Truck
    Cliffjumper ------------------- Red Chevrolet Trax (Confirmed on set)
    Jetfire
    ------------------------ Lockheed SR-71 “Blackbird”

Speculative

Prowl?
    ------------------------ Black/White Chevrolet Malibu Police Car (Confirmed on set, possible extra car only)
    Windcharger? ----------------- Blue
    Chevy Groove (Unconfirmed, though part of Groove/Beat/Trax trifecta)
    Brawn? -----------------------
    Green Chevrolet Beat (Confirmed on set)
    Wheeljack? -------------------
    Saab Aero-X (Unconfirmed, reported by Saab History, confirmed on G.I. Joe set)
    Sunstreaker? -----------------
    2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR-1 (Unconfirmed, though twin of Sideswipe)

Notes:
    • Prowl as a Chinese police car is merely a theory, but a sound one.
    • Windcharger and Brawn are both stretches, yet we already know the Beat WILL be in the movie as a green car and a companion to Cliffjumper/Chevy Trax.
    • Wheeljack is merely rumored, and the inclusion of the Saab Aero-X could simply be disinformation. Michael Bay could have had it shipped from the G.I. Joe set to throw off the scent, since both TF and Joe are Hasbro properties.
    • Sunstreaker is also a stretch, but there is rumored to be another Corvette on set that isn’t the Centennial. The cars do not look alike.
    • Stinger as a Porsche Cayenne is possible, given the use of one on set as a camera rig. Pretty expensive car to use merely as a moving camera, though Porsche could have easily threw one in as part of their licensing deal.

Decepticons

Confirmed

Megatron -------------------- Futuristic Tank
    Starscream ------------------ F-22 Raptor
    Barricade -------------------- Black/White 2007 Ford Mustang Saleen Police Car (Confirmed on set)
    Frenzy ----------------------- Stereo (potential Soundwave companion?)
    Scorponok ------------------- Robotic Scorpion

Unofficially Confirmed

Ravage ---------------------- Beast mode, potential Soundwave companion?

Constructicons/Devastator

• Longhaul --------------- Green Earth Mover
    • Bonecrusher ------------ Yellow Bulldozer? (It has been noted that Starscream uses the dead body)
    • 5 other robots ---------- Red/Yellow/Green Construction vehicles

Speculative

Soundwave? ------------------ 2010 Chevrolet Volt Concept (Confirmed on set) (Pic)
    Shockwave? ------------------ AH-64 Apache “Longbow” (Featured in game, Confirmed on set)

Stunicons/Menasor?

Notes:

• The concept of the Stunticons being involved is speculative at best, but fits given these mysterious vehicles showing up on set, and the resemblance to their G1 counterparts.
    • The Renault Laguna theory is weak, but given Michael Bay’s declarations of a disinformation campaign, it’s not too hard to imagine a second unit or even third unit filming in NYC to throw off people.
    • The Chevy Volt is known to be in the movie, in what capacity is unknown. Given it’s blue/purple color scheme, Soundwave seems like the best bet, as the “No mass shifting” rule is presumably in place in the script.
    • Shockwave is a stretch as well, but given his inclusion in the movie game, along with the numerous Apaches on set, it’s not too far to think one of those Apaches may be a Decepticon in disguise.

My Theories

1. Arcee is a Combiner. Given that one motorcycle wouldn’t make a Transformer that is large enough, it stands to reason Bay and Co. (who stated they are using ideas from numerous incarnations, including Armada/Energon/Cybertron) will function similar to the Grindor/High Wire/Sureshock team as Perceptor. Lending more credence is the fact that Sureshock, the dirtbike, is named Arcee in the Japanese version.
    2. Optimus and Jetfire will merge in some way, similar to their Armada versions. This will give them over an advantage to the multiple Gestalts in the movie (see below).
    3. The shards of the Allspark will in fact bring four sports cars and a large diesel truck to life, creating the Stunticons and eventually Menasor. Even though the black Semi seen on set with the trailer is a NEST vehicle, it stands to reason a good plot point would be the humans watching their own vehicle turning into Motormaster right before their eyes. With the inclusion of the Acura NSX and Audi RS6 on set, and a mysterious Renault Laguna filing an unknown movie in NYC, and the unknown identity of the known Decepticon Audi R8, you have the makings of the movie’s second Decepticon Gestalt team. The Stunticons.
    4. Starscream will build the Constructicons (in reference to his creation of the Combaticons in G1). Why have bunches of smaller Transformer-on-Transformer fight scenes when you can have two large Gestalts vs. a few Autobots doing most of the fighting. Given Bonecrusher wasn’t on the flatbed at the end of TF1, and the comments been made so far, he will resurrect Bonecrusher and reformat him into a Bulldozer. Look at the similarity between this Bulldozer, and Bonecrusher’s Buffalo MRAP form. I have created a comparison sheet HERE. Also note that it’s a good bet Starscream would use the Military versions of these vehicles rather than civilian forms, to keep with the mythos that he used Military vehicles to form his Gestalt (Bruticus). So in essence, we’d be getting Devastator and Bruticus rolled into one.
    5. Megatron’s tank mode is very reminiscent of his Armada version. 4 separate sets of treads, and his head sticking out between the front two tracks. Look at the comparison HERE.
    6. The three Chevy Minicars will be placed in as a promotional gimmick, and will be the final 3 of the G1 Minicar foursome (which includes Bumblebee). Cliffjumper will be a red Chevy Trax, Brawn a green Chevy Beat, and Windcharger a blue Chevy Groove. Why a blue Groove? A) The Groove is the only one of GM’s minicars not yet confirmed. B) Blue since the 3 car shot has a blue Groove, along with the red Trax and green Beat. Also, Windcharger had a blue form in G1 as Tailgate, and since he and Cliffjumper are both red, I doubt they’ll reuse the same color scheme for both.
    7. Soundwave will be a blue Chevy Volt, given that the car on set has an eerily similar color scheme to G1 Soundwave. Also since his G1 incarnation was a tape player and the new Volt is an electric car, both running off batteries, it’s a nice homage to him and a tongue-in-cheek nod to the original.
    8. Popular to contrary theory, I do not believe Sideswipe and Stinger are the same vehicles mentioned in the call sheet. Sideswipe is officially the Corvette Centennial, and with Porsche’s involvement in the movie (using a Porsche Cayenne as a camera rig), it stands to reason more than one Porsche will be in the movie.
    9. Hot Rod and Blurr may also be featured in some small capacity, seeing as how 3 other TF The Movie/Season 3 regulars are in the movie: Arcee, Stinger and Wheels (Wheelie). Also, with Optimus having flames and Hot Rod known for his flame paint job, it’s a nice nod to TF The Movie and the changing of leadership (possibly third movie plot, along with Unicron. Who knows…)
    10. The Twins are sure to be Runamuck and Runabout, seeing as how they more than likely have names.

We can assume Arcee, the Audi R8 and Stinger will DEFINITELY be in the movie, due to the OFFICIAL set videos released by Wal-Mart and ET and on the new DVD, and their matching up of the Call Sheet scene. I doubt their inclusion is disinformation, as they have already generated the buzz and to change their being featured now would piss a lot of people off since they've SHOWN them in action.

Also....I REALLLLY like the idea of the Stunticons, since they were my favorite combiner team :) 

2. llamatron

llamatron Shut up, Nigel. TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Sorry but there's a lot of false stuff in there. Some examples include the Saab Aero-X (is going to be in GI-JOE, not TF, has never been seen on set), Barricade was never seen on set (photos show him being transported about 2 months before filming began) - he is likely to be the Audi given the similarities in their robot modes, Soundwave is not the Volt (so says Roberto) aaaaaand finally the Porsche Cayenne is a standard Michael Bay camera rig (used in the first TF movie and also The Island I think) that in no way means we'll be seeing a Porsche Transformer.

3. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    And Stinger is Sideswipe.There is no other porsche vehicle on set.And we don't know who are the twins.

4. llamatron

News Credits:
    It's very likely that the "icecream" twins are the Trax and the Beat (based off the call sheets).

5. TripEllex

TripEllex New Member

Few things...

1. Orci and Co. already stated an intentional disinformation campaign. So saying things like "Well Roberto said..." can't be taken as absolute truth. Look at how much he, Bay, Kurtzman and Murphy lied during Q&As during the first movie shoot, and that turned out to be true. I still think he's Soundwave, regardless of what Orci said. He stated AFTER he said that that Soundwave may or may not be in the movie.

2. The Saab Areo-X I will agree with you on somewhat, even though I stated in my breakdown the very same things you said: Not seen on set, confirmed on G.I. Joe, etc. Again...potential disinformation, and my theory is just a theory.

3. Why would they intentionally change Barricade to a white sports car? You are basing your idea that Barricade = Audi R8 off of a VERY small photo, that gives little detail. As for the similarities...many of them share similar traits. There's only so many ways you can break a car apart into a Robot, and they all use the same design principle: many smaller pieces rather than large chunks.

4. The Porsche I agree with, I meant to edit that post after. But with Porsche's involvement in the film, it stands to reason Stinger MIGHT be a Porsche. Carerra, who knows. After the first film, I'm sure plenty of car companys besides GM want to get in on the cash cow that will be the second movie. This includes Acura, whom people have stated more than likely wouldn't want to be part of it. Why lend your image to a toy (like Alternators) if you aren't going to go for the movie as well?

5. I doubt the twins are the Trax and Beat. Why change their modes midway through the movie? The unique factor of the Ice Cream truck is the fact that they break apart into 2 robots, as set videos have already shown. Reformatting them as the Trax and Beat seems asinine, since they wouldn't be Combiners anymore. The whole concept behind this movie is their newfound Combiner technology. Arcee/3 bikes, the Twins/Ice Cream truck, Devastator, and the far fetched Prime/Jetfire combo.

6. I have seen nowhere on a call sheet, etc where it was stated the Stinger/Porsche is really Sideswipe/Corvette. Why put Arcee/bike and Audi on the sheets, and have Stinger/Porsche really be a Corvette? Granted it could be code words, I will agree on that.

I'm not saying your ideas are wrong. For all we know I may be right, you may be right, anyone may be right at this point. At this point, we can't rule anything out.

6. godsenddeath

godsenddeath . TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:

Acura NSX.

7. llamatron

News Credits:
    We've only seen the icecream truck at the Bethlehem shoot and in the call sheet it is referred to as "the twins." These same call sheets describe a shot at the Smithsonian involving Bumblebee and "the twins." Set reports/photos from the Smithsonian show Bumblebee and the Beat and Trax essentially performing this scene. Further supporting evidence is also found in the call sheet where it is said that the icecream "twins" break apart/crash and argue with each other - leading one to believe that they're not getting along too well in their shared form and might want to reformat.

8. TFfan08

TFfan08 Vigilante

News Credits:
    I see nowhere in call sheet that twins are reformat into beat and trax. They are different character.

9. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    Where did Orci lie prior to the first movie? He explicitly stated here that he would occasionally give deliberately vague answers, but would NOT flat out LIE. I dare you to find me evidence of a single instance where you can prove he gave out major deliberate misinformation.

Also, anyone else "lying"... the only "misinformation" prior to the first movie was due to five million script rewrites and character redesigns/renamings. There was no huge organized misinformation campaign. Neither is there one here, regardless of what Bay claims.

The Audi R8 robot takes some very obvious design cues from Barricade's robot mode, such as "claw hands with car wheels".

Why would Bumblebee change from a Classic Camaro to a Concept Camaro in the first movie?

Who says they would reformat "midway through the movie"? The only scene we know the ice cream truck is in thus far is the opening scene at the steel plant. And if I recall correctly, the Trax and the Beat are speeding away with the other Autobots afterwards (Long Beach shoot). So it's quite possible that they're only an ice cream truck for the opening scene and then Chevy cars for the rest of the movie.

Says who?

Besides, Scorponok and Blackout were already "combiners" in the first movie.

Quoted for truth, with the exception that we've also seen the ice cream truck in San Diego (which is supposed to be part f the same scene, though).

It's a theory, but with clues supporting it (see llamatron's post above). Your opinion is also just a theory.

10. llamatron

News Credits:
    R8, Arcee, Stinger, Hummers, Trikes all race past Ice Cream Truck. (9-1)
    Ice Cream truck chases R8 thru alleys. Crashes. Splits in two. Twins Fight. (9-2)

EXT SMITHSONIAN AIR & SPACE MUSEUM
    Establish. BUMBLEBEE & THE TWINS in pkg lot. Foursome getting out. (123-1)

We know that the Ice Cream truck is referred to as "the twins." Later on we have reference to "Bumblebee & the twins" - set reports indicate that these twins are the Beat and Trax. It is extremely likely that the ice cream truck twins reformat into the Beat and Trax.

Also, everything that Nevermore said.

11. Snarl_2289

Snarl_2289 Well-Known Member

Great post!

But my god what poor choices, if it's true, for Breakdown and Dragstrip! :stick: 

If Audi is in play here with the R8 why don't they use the Gallardo or Murcielago for Breakdown (Lamborghini is owned by the Volkswagen AG-group, 100%) :rock 

And if i had the choice for Dragstrip i would choose the Mazda Furai (Mazda is 33% owned by Ford)
    [​IMG]

:rock 

12. Snarl_2289

Snarl_2289 Well-Known Member

double post :redface2: 

13. PrimePower04

PrimePower04 I got the touch!

WOW!

Im sorry but your info is way off..... There is no speculation on soundwave he is confirmed. Jazz??? ya ya ya people saw the solstice one time, but BAY and company have said numerous times JAZZ is DEAD! I really think Jazz is dead and stays dead, I hope. There are other false statements within the thread as well but I just dont care to point them out.

14. Darth Rodimus

Darth Rodimus Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    I agree with llamatron and primepower 100%, I believe we all should wait till there is ether toy pics or full designs pics including names before you say who's who with out proof. I do like your theory about the Stunticons though, maybe next time.

15. Dropshot

Dropshot Transform your destiny

News Credits:
    That's why you can't take anything for granted, some are solid enough to be considered confirmations, other are far too vague.

So? It's similar, that doesn't mean it's the same bot.

The Ice cream truck was reported in white sands, which serves as Egypt, so if the ICT is indeed the twins, they they won't reformat in the beginning of the movie as you claim.

Combining is the new thing for this movie, because apparently most of the new bots do it, and honestly, you are far off calling blackout and scorponok a combiner, Blackout was just carrying scorponok, it's like saying sounwave is a combiner because he can carry his tapes with him.

And the ICT/Twins theory is PURE SPECULATION, nothing can be confirmed, seems possible though.

16. samtheman

samtheman Well-Known Member

isn't there a tread about this?

17. Nevermore

Nevermore It's self-perpetuating a parahumanoidarianised!

News Credits:
    What exactly is vague about "The Chevy Volt is not Soundwave"?

Source?

18. darthrage

darthrage Leader Class

News Credits:
    wow!!! That's all I gotta say about the list

19. MythofBlackout

MythofBlackout TF Fan Artist

News Credits:
    Dear Paramount & Dreamworks:

Please, for the love of Primus, give us a character list so we can stop all the random speculation.

Thanks.

If the R8 is a separate character who gets killed in the first few minutes of the movie, it stands to reason they would recycle parts of Barricade to cut down on cost. It makes more sense than giving Barricade an entirely new design when they could have saved money by just reusing his cop car form.

Argh! Now you've got me randomly speculating! :mad  :wink: 

20. vektsilver

vektsilver Transorganic member

The R8 may not be a decepticon as much as we have assumed.

In the walmart video showing the Arcee bikes going by ( same one Bay says they crash one of the bike) you ll notice the R8 gets out of the way of the 3 Bikes as if to let them go by.

Additionally there is a shot of the R8 Back to back with the corvette in bethelhem racing away from each other.