TF RID:CF Season 3, Ep. 5 "Sphere of Influence" Discussion

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by moreprimeland, Apr 29, 2017.

1. BumblebeeFan71

BumblebeeFan71 Loyal Starscream Follower

That moment when you realize Optimus almost started another war on Cybertron. He wanted it sent to Cybertron for study and we know what that would have caused. Anyways, onto the review!

Story
    Okay so this story really hit the part of me that absolutely loves lore. I noticed that the story with Soundwave and the Stunticons have once again not come up, nor did the Combining aspect the show advertises. But I was fine with this, especially since the lore and the conflict between the Autobots had my eyes glued to the screen. I don't know why, but I do love conflict stories. I suppose it reminds me of episodes like "Attack of the Autobots" or even an episode from the Avengers centered around the Infinity Stones and how they were corrupting the team. I felt the conflict was handled very well and it was kind of entertaining to watch. Finally there was Springload and Doradas. Who knew he was right all along? Wonder if that means Doradas could play a role in the future. I can't help but believe that the cliffhanger is more than a throw away gag.

Characters
    So because of the nature of the episode, I can easily describe all the Autobots with one word, "crazy". Man so many faces are burned into my memory because of how psychotic some of the Autobots faces' were. If I was to pick who made the craziest face, I would have to go with Sideswipe. But it was amusing to see all the characters paranoid and going so far to risk blowing their cover. Pretty convenient that no humans happened to be driving on that road. Springload was his typical insane self and that's perfectly fine. Though I like how the show acknowledged the fact he wasn't at Decepticon Island which confirmed our suspicions that he evaded capture. Though with his return, I'm still hoping for that Starscream and Steeljaw team up, no matter how unlikely it may be at this rate.

Special
    So I find it interesting that the show implied there were more wars on Cybertron aside the one Megatron started. To think that war wouldn't be founded on fighting for freedom or to overthrow a council, but rather for pure greed. I can see why the sphere was sent to Earth in the first place, that sphere would have annihilated Cybertron faster than the war between the Autobots and the Decepticons. I would kind to like to hear more about the War for Doradas, it would make for an interesting story. Shame that I know that the tale of Doradas won't be really covered. Though you think they would with how much it mentioned. Oh well.

So with that said I give Robots in Disguise: Combiner Force - Sphere of Influence a 10/10. I simply enjoyed the episode too much to give it any other score.

Season 3 Scores

Episode 1 - 7/10
    Episode 2 - 7/10
    Episode 3 - 9/10
    Episode 4 - 9/10
    Episode 5 - 10/10

Season 3 Average So Far - 8.4/10

2. rattrap007

rattrap007 one with the Force TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    I need it because of... SCIENCE!

• Like Like x 1
  3. ClatterShards

ClatterShards Active Member

This was a good episode to watch. Starting to love Springload now.

4. Pravus Prime

Pravus Prime Wields Mjolnir!

News Credits:
    Kind of a meh episode. The ending seemed more of a slap than anything with the map being revealed to no one.

5. Heliblade

Heliblade Autobot Vigilante of Kaon

One Sphere To Rule Them All

And In The Darkness Bind Them...

6. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Really Hope Zorillor gets out of statis and joins his bros.
    I hope all the skunks return