TF RID:CF Season 3, Ep. 4 "Blurred" Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by moreprimeland, Apr 29, 2017.

1. moreprimeland

moreprimeland Optimus told me to do it! Moderator TFW2005 Supporter

News Credits:
    Since the announcement that this episode is On Demand on CN & some US Cable TV Systems, going to go ahead and open for discussion...but we won't sticky the thread until it airs on CN in a few weeks.

There will be SPOILERS if you haven't seen the ep, don't read further, everyone who's viewed this episode--

Discuss Openly! Enjoy & Have fun!

Synopsis:
    After his reckless actions cause the escape of a dangerous Sharkticon, Sideswipe goes out of his way to recapture the 'Con and prove his value to the team in fear of getting replaced by a younger, and faster, newcomer - Rescue Bot Blurr.

• Like Like x 1
  2. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Still love Blurr's old look better, but sooooooooo glad he's moved over to RID/CF... LOL at his "bailing out Mr. Reckless"!!!

• Like Like x 1
  3. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Wait a second! He joined the team permantely?

• Like Like x 1
  4. moreprimeland

News Credits:
    Not at the end of the ep yet.... but he's mentioned as Sideswipes 'intern' in a later ep... so guessing so.. plus with RB going to YT as a series, Blurr gets more air time this way. :lol 

*Bee assigns Blurr as Sideswipe's 'temporary intern' for now... so does he hang around forever? Guess we'll see.*

Last edited: Apr 29, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    @moreprimeland @SeanTF1967
    Blurr returns to the Rescue Bots in "Bee Cool".

Anyway...my thoughts.
    Pros:
    Ragebyte is a great Decepticon model.
    Blurr is a great big +.

Cons:
    Wish Ragebyte's alt mode had more details.
    Wondering how he was FULLY functional after coming right out of a Statis Pod.

Overall:9.4

6. Rodimus Primal

Rodimus Primal Well-Known Member

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    Interesting that they now fully acknowledge the Rescue Bots of Griffin Rock. Blurr was awesome alongside everyone.

• Like Like x 1
  7. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

So we finally get a Rescue Bots character in a proper cartoon... and it's Blurr, the only non-original character. So close...

Nonetheless, still nice to see him and that they acknowledged his visual style change. I wonder if his appearance here will be referenced in future Rescue Bots media?

As for the episode itself, it was alright. Ragebite is the THIRD Sharkticon we've seen, so I'm surprised there isn't a proper toy of that mold. The plot of Sideswipe being afraid of being replaced was interesting, and it played nicely into some of the dialogue in 'The Great Divide'. 7/10.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Well-Known Member

He isn't the third. There were probably 100 atleast in Decepticon Island (besides the one who Steeljaw attacked aka the 2nd major use of the mold). Hopefully, one day we can get a figure of Hammerstrike or Ragebyte but probably mot.

9. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    There was an orange Sharkticon seen on Decepticon Island.

10. AirjitzuRonin

There were many Sharkticons on Decepticon Island.

11. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Well, we aren't sure. I only saw the orange one. The rest were just nameless Vehicons. Oh and those two Chompazoids.

12. LegoTFGuy

LegoTFGuy Master Builder

I meant the third major one who wasn't just a crowd filler, but yeah, odd that they haven't made a figure yet.

13. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    So, this is the first time Prime/RID actually acknowledges Rescue Bots exists. Guess this means that even during earth-shattering events when Unicron was waking up or Megatron was terraforming Earth, Prime just never thought to call on the 4(5?) other guys he had around, even though it was a major point that they were overwhelmed by Cons and lacked support... Sadly can't say I got curious to check out that show. What I have seen so far makes it too kiddie for me... Yeah, I watch MLP-FiM but in comparison that show is far more mature than Rescue Bots.

This episode was OK, Blurr was not really annoying or interesting. Mostly I share Strongarm's sentiment, we got another Sideswipe. Speaking of whom, he acted even more immature than usual, probably to play out how Blurr is more responsible. Ragebyte was an odd name for an almost G1 Shockwave like calm logical scientist. Surprised they used a color scheme so much like Hammerstrike's. But, maybe this also means we can get a toy of this guy, even if as a Legion.

There were also (Prime) Insecticons, a femmecon based on Airachnid's model, and more.
    Mostly I hope that Saberhorn and Glowstrike make a comeback. We barely had time to get to know them, and did not even see Glowstrike transform. Since they were KOed by Steeljaw before all the Cons on the Island were frozen, maybe they got away? Would be nice.

• Like Like x 1
  14. AirjitzuRonin

Glowstrike transformed in Seaason 2 Episode 10 Portals. She appears to be a ladybug.

The Alchemor never reached Cybertron due to the council and because of this Alchemor prisoners could return "Decepticon Air" style. In fact, if Legion Springload and S3 Episode 5 having Springload can determine anything, the new 3-Step Steeljaw and Thunderhoof could put a smile on some faces.

• Like Like x 1
  15. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Yeah but we only saw her from afar. My guess though it's a firefly, hence the name.

16. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    This is far away?

[​IMG]

17. BB Shockwave

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    I haven't seen that... which episode was this in? I only seen her alt mode in the scene where she lands on top of the prison ship to talk with Steeljaw who was just persuading his team to betray the two leaders. I remember I even paused but I recall her transforming in the background before landing... gotta check that again.

18. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    That pictures was taken from Portals.

19. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    it was a pretty good episode

Sideswipe thinks that Blur stole his lime light and turns out that Sideswipe does more harm than good

Last edited: May 13, 2017
  20. SaberPrime

SaberPrime Well-Known Member

They're still trying to tie this series in with Rescue Bots but there's still things that don't actually fit.

After watching this episode I also re-watched Uninvited Guest. As the wiki states Bumblebee was at the base on the main land while Blurr was on Griffon Rock for most of the episode. However the wiki got it wrong that they've never officially met because at the end of the episode they did meet briefly before Bumblebee took off with the captured Energon Eater. So it really makes no sense that they both act as if they're meeting for the first time now.

Even if we're assuming they don't remember meeting since it was only briefly that one time, Blurr was mentioned several times in that episode so Bumblebee should at least have some idea of who he is yet he doesn't even seem to know about his existence on the Rescue Bots team. Bee even took a few laps around the race track that Blurr had installed in the base so Bee should already know about him.

Blurr mentions how his own appearance has changed since the last time Side Swipe saw him which I actually find odd because he actually looks pretty close to his RB design in this series. They're not exactly the same but close enough to where I could actually accept the difference in appearance just being due to the change in art style between shows. Unlike Bumblebee who looks completely different between Prime, RB, and RID2 but the shows seem to treat them like they're all the same body type. Anyway it would make more sense for Blurr to mention how Bumblebee looks different from the last time they saw each other.

I also re-watched Need for Speed where I can point out some more continuity errors between this episode and Rescue Bots.

For one thing RB Sideswipe was creeped out by humans and acted as if he'd never seen them before while we know that RID2 Sideswipe works closely with the Clay family and even made first contact with them. He was never creeped out by humans so it makes no sense that he's so different in RB if they're suppose to be the same character.

Sideswipe in Rescue Bots mentions having Dinobots on his team but there's only Grimlock so why does he use the plural? Blurr in this episode seems to know that Grimlock is the only Dinobot on the team despite Sideswipes claim of multiple Dinobots running around.

And of course the biggest continuity error of all... the entire plot of this episode completely contradicts the plot from Rescue Bots. I'm going to have to split this one up into two parts to properly explain this contradiction.

Sideswipe says "You once said you wanted a spot on the Bee team, don't think I forgot about that." and Sideswipe spends the entire episode being afraid that Blurr was going to take his place. However in Rescue Bots it was actually Sideswipe who originally said to Blurr "Tell you what, if you're fast enough to catch Bounce, I'll recommend you to the Bee Team." He also says "Hey it's up to you but I know you'll be great on our team too." later in the episode. This is a clear contradiction because RID2 Sideswipe's dialog and actions makes it seem like it was all Blurr's idea to join the Bee Team and makes it seem like Sideswipe never wanted him despite the fact it was actually Sideswipe who encouraged him in the first place. This means that Sideswipes motivations between the two episodes are in direct conflict with each other. If this is really suppose to a direct continuation from Need for Speed then Sideswipe shouldn't have any problems with Blurr joining the team.

The second part of the contradiction comes from how the two episodes finally end. Need for Speed ends with Blurr realizing that he can be a good Rescue Bot with more training and declining Sideswipes offer to join Team Bee. Blurred ends with Bumblebee offering him a spot on the team and Blurr immediately accepting it despite his earlier decision to stay with the Rescue Bots. This wouldn't really be a problem if he had decided in that previous episode that he still wanted to change teams but his decision here is like hitting the reset button on his previous character development, like it never happened. This also isn't really much on it's own. I mean it is possible that if he changed his mind once he could do it again but together with the Sideswipe stuff it's like the RID2 versions of these character had a completely different experience than what actually happens in Need for Speed.

The only thing that seems similar about the two is that RB Bumblebee mentions being based in a scrap yard which is accurate to RID2. RID2 Blurr and Sideswipe mention chancing a Cyclone Mini-con on Griffon Rock together and Blurr wanting a spot on the Bee Team in the past which is accurate to RB. But with all the contradicting character designs, motivations, and dialog it's like they're two different universes that have similar histories.

Bumblebee also mentions that the first Autobot base on Earth was in Mount St. Hilary which is where the Ark crashed in G1. Which means RID2 also has a similar history to the G1 continuity but no one is suggesting that G1 and RID2 Bee are the same character.

Cybertron being a dead planet and Bumblebee not being able to talk were taken from the live action movies but that's not in the Aligned continuity either.

So wouldn't it be easier to just assume that RID2 and RB have a similar history but are different universes as well rather than being a shared universe when the two contradict each other so much?

To put this another way... I think the RID2 version of Need for Speed based on their interactions in this episode would go like this. They'd still chase the Cyclone but it would be Blurr who originally asks Sideswipe if he could join the Bee Team. Sideswipe would respond by saying in a sarcastic tone "If it were up to me I'd let you but it's not up to me so..." changing to a more serious tone. "NO!" Blurr would be discouraged by this but would still spend the episode trying to prove himself to Sideswipe. At the end of the episode Sideswipe would still try to convince him that he is a good Rescue Bot but wouldn't make the comment about wanting him on the Bee Team. Instead Sideswipe would only convince him to stay with the Rescue Bots because he doesn't want Blurr taking his spot on the Bee Team. This way Blurred would be a perfect follow up because everything here would just be a continuation rather than a contradiction. Also I think Blurr would have a much different design to reconcile his need to point it out in this episode.

The RB version of Blurred would be a lot different. Sideswipe instead of trying to push Blurr away the entire time would be encouraging him the same way he did in the RB episode. Blurr would be the one reminding Sideswipe that he already decided to stay with the Rescue Bots. The team up would be only temporary. However because of the encouragement from Sideswipe and the rest of the team then they'd convince Blurr to change his previous decision. The episode would be about Blurr not wanting to leave the Rescue Bots rather than Sideswipe not wanting Blurr to take his place. Again this would resolve the contradictions between the two episodes... well that and Bumblebee and Blurr would actually know each other and Blurr would comment on Bee's different appearance rather than his own.

I'm adopting this as my personal head cannon because in my opinion this is the best way to explain the continuity errors.

• Like Like x 1