TF RID:CF Season 3: Ep. 21 "Collateral Damage" Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by moreprimeland, Sep 18, 2017.

1. Wild Eevee

Wild Eevee Well-Known Member

By shooting the beacon Optimus just rained nulcear fallout all over the city,and someone finally questions Strongarm for once.So why did everyone get all shook up about Sideswipe stepping on the TV?It was an accident!Seem to me that they should have been more angry at Russell for risking himself and Strongarm for it instead.

• Like Like x 1
  2. WEEGEE

WEEGEE hi mom.

News Credits:
    In case anyone wants sound waves OST, here:

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  3. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

Because you should still apologize for accidents. The tv reminded Russell of life before losing his home.

And yes, Optimus did just irradiate Crown City. In fact, the explosion destroying something with nuclear rods can cause would've probably destroyed the city.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Rumblestorm

Rumblestorm Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thats my issue with his character, but last time I pointed it out I was called autistic.

Holy crap, spot on!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 11, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  5. supernova222

supernova222 junkion

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    anyone else want a reunion of soundwave and starscream ending up in cells next to each other, i sure as hell do.

• Like Like x 2
  6. MrVanimal

MrVanimal Well-Known Member

Just watched this episode and I gotta say.... It didn't do it for me. Soundwave in Season 2 was much better in my opinion. Kinda felt anti climatic. The Starscream arc last season was much better done. Hopefully the last few episodes make up for this and make this episode better in retrospect.

• Like Like x 3
  7. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Thx but I saw the episode description.

8. PolskiGmaer17

PolskiGmaer17 Member

The fact that we are getting yet another "Sideswipe learning a lesson" episode (which this episode has done poorly), especially towards the end FINAL SEASON is a bad sign. Sideswipe and Strongarm dont even evolve as characters, they always bicker and then they make up, that's it.

Also regarding some people saying that Soundwave being " a background character and that his build up was no build up at all" shows a certain level of ingorance towards the character. He's Megatron right hand bot, and you'd think that his return might have been done with care and some respect to the prime fans, since this was one of the main points of interest for the season. (Starscream Arc is the only time the writers respected anything Prime related.)

• Like Like x 1
  9. Awesomepow

News Credits:
    Calm down man it's only a show jeesh.

• Like Like x 2
  10. PolskiGmaer17

PolskiGmaer17 Member

You're right I deleted the last sentence, so that it comes off more like a critique than a rant

• Like Like x 1
  11. Awesomepow

News Credits:
    Yeah.

12. AirjitzuRonin

I apologize on behalf of that dude who insulted you. Though your point about the lessons repeating is still wrong.
    Them bickering is part of them being friends. Friends argue with each other frequently. Strongarm and Sideswipe have many sides to their character and have many flaws, their focus episodes diving into each one of these flaws. Everyone has a lot to learn and though the lessons differ between episodes, I won't go into that again, because becoming a broken record trying to convince stubborn people to analyse (aka watch the episode and differentiate), especially when it comes to a cartoon, is a waste of my time. I will defend the showrunners however as they're innocent humans being treated like trash just because they're not slaving away for ungrateful Prime fanboys.

And no, I'm not saying his build up wasn't build up at all, I'm saying he wasn't hyped up as some ultimate evil like Megatronus. The build up was so his return would make more sense because it wouldn't be as simple as the Alchemor Prisoners who we see return this Season, especially with Hasbro wanting to advertise that new toy in the show. And yes, in terms of RID's overall story, Soundwave is simply a background character the writers had interest in including due to his character (in a more prominent role) in the previous series. If you can't see that your clearly ignorant to the actual story, the fact this isn't Prime escapes you, and you only watch to see things from Prime.

The writers added him partly to respect Prime fans. It's just his goal was simple, unachievable based on Megatron's change of heart, and impossible to stretch past more than one episode, unlike Starscream's plan which was more detailed, convoluted, achievable,and probably could've had more done with it if they wanted to (not saying they should though as that Arc is awesome).. What is clear is that Prime fans show no respect for the writers and their desire to tell a story they wanna tell and only want what they want and aren't ready to move on from an old show just because a show that takes place in the same continuity tries to be it's own thing. Not only are fanboys like that just as bad as Gee-whuns, but in terms of their selfish and ignorant desires, they deserve no respect because all they want to do is control the writer's story til it becomes their own.

• Like Like x 3
  13. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

...So is one Mayor Luskey's relatives the mayor of Crown City?

• Like Like x 1
  14. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    With humans outside of the main characters being this stupid, I wonder how humanity managed to even get passed creating the lightbulb.
    So what you are telling me is that I can randomly call the mayor of a major city in the name of a fake agency and tell him that he needs to evacuate the city and he will actually do it? On top of that he manges to do it in under a day?
    Wow

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    Thank you. Sideswipe learning to not be a jerk every other week (whether it be to work as a team, or to conside others feelings), or Strongarm learning to not be so uptight about rules is repetative, nor have they convinced me that they have learned anything over the course of the franchise. Its the final season and Sideswipe is still a jerk, and Strongarm is still uptight. Their arc remains unchanged and unconvincing. This series started out great but got lazy in season 2.

Also, Soundwave deserved more time. Like, half a season or something. Know what would have been cool AND helped develop Soundwave as a character? Have Megatron return, tell Soundwave about his change of heart, and then have Soundwave struggle and try to deal with Megatron's change of heart. Who is he most loyal to? Megatron, or the Decepticon cause?

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  16. LegionMaximus

LegionMaximus Well-Known Member

Man, that would have rocked.

And there would have been plenty for Bumblebee's team to do too, like maybe they would have to be the ones to track Megatron down (I assume he's still being a hermit in the Cybertronian wilderness) and convince Megatron to come to Earth and talk down Soundwave. Like, Megatron sees how Bumblebee deals with a member of his team making a bad decision (dealing with them /talking to them instead of just leaving) and that convinces Megatron to go confront to Soundwave. The episode could end with Megatron being more pro-active about seeking out Decepticons to make it clear that conquest is off the agenda. And could segue into Cyclonus or whoever in the shadows muttering, "If you won't lead us to victory, Megatron . . . then I will."

• Like Like x 1
  17. AirjitzuRonin

Still don't know why Soundwave deserved half a season to try to make a beacon to call Megatron. Ignoring the fact, activating it would kill people, his goal was too simple to spawn even a two parter. Megatron telling him off and him having too decide his loyalty might've been interesting except we've been given no reason to believe he wouldn't change if made aware of Megatron changing. What we do know is that he's extra loyal to Megatron so he'd probably change if made aware. But again his plan would be impossible to draw out for long and it's success would irradiate an entire city.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Rumblestorm

News Credits:
    Its a problem that could have been avoided easily. And thats why I had an issue with his initial return in "Portals". If Megatron WAS reformed, why didn't Bee and his team let Soundwave contact Megatron? No harm would have been done, and they could probably get Megatron to tell all other loyal cons that he is done with the Decepticon cause.

• Like Like x 2
  19. PolskiGmaer17

PolskiGmaer17 Member

The funny thing is that the show would have been better if it didnt use Prime stuff, it would would give the series a much better rep and identity. Since RiD is a sequel series of course there will be people who might be dissapointed in how different it is to the predecessor (Beast Machines didnt have it easy at first too). I'm not here saying that prime was the greatest thing in the transformers medium (that is Beast Wars), prime was very flawed as is RiD 2015 on its own. My issues with RiD is lack of character development, continiuity errors, villain of the week formula (which in my opinion does not work with transformers), rushed arc's (Glowstrike did absolutely nothing and the decepticon island was a waste.) lack of proper threats/excitement (Megatronus was a joke), lack of interesting story arcs.
    I think we call all at least at admit that Soundwave could have been handled better, (having him talk stripped away what made prime soundwave unique) his season 3 appearance just felt unneccesary in the end, unless the finale will have a big ensamble of villains.

Now what worries is that we have 6 episodes left and we have to deal with Bulkhead appearing in RiD, Steeljaw, The Council, Cyclonus and Galvatronus. The latter two not even properly introduced yet.

• Like Like x 1
  20. AirjitzuRonin

Cyclonus is behind the council and Galvatronus are just four Cons he mind controls so they probably won't get character. Bulkhead is probably working with Optimus to investigate the council, and Steeljaw will probably be beaten soon. The writers have been pretty hit or miss with establishing characters in a short amount of time so I hope Cyclonus is a hit.

• Like Like x 1