TF RID:CF Season 3: Ep. 21 "Collateral Damage" Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by moreprimeland, Sep 18, 2017.

1. WEEGEE

WEEGEE hi mom.

News Credits:

• Like Like x 2
  2. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was a pretty good episode even though Soundwave's appearance was short lived.

I was a little disappointed that Grimlock was stuck in cement during the Soundwave fight

I think Steeljaw realized that at the end of the conversation with Soundwave that the two decepticons parties have different agendas especially when Steeljaw referred Soundwave as brother and Soundwave said "were are not related" Steeljaw was kinda taken back from that

Last edited: Oct 7, 2017
    • Like Like x 3
  3. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Soundwave’s final line in this episode was: “Megatron will return.”

Obviously he was showing off his dedication to the cause of the Decepticons but what if that’s actually foreshadowing? I am going to take that as the writers slipping that line in on purpose for foreshadowing purposes.

• Like Like x 5
  4. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Yeah.

• Like Like x 1
  5. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    No Laserbeak is alive.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Awesomepow

News Credits:
    Huh?I thought he shut down.

7. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Optimus said he will take them both back to Cybertron to stand trial. Last time I checked, dead corpses can’t stand trial.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Awesomepow

News Credits:
    Hmm.Must have missed that.Maybe he will show up again later.

9. iacon45

iacon45 Missing: One Custom Title

News Credits:
    It was good seeing Soundwave back and hearing his synthesized voice again and he's still the bad ass he was in Prime. But I have to say that after all the build up we had in previous episodes, it was kind of disappointing it was resolved in just one quick 30 minute episode. I would have rather had seen this play out as the final wrap on Earth taking care of the Pack and Soundwave before leaving and joining Prime heading back to Cybertron. Also, in that brief moment the beacon was activated, I wouldn't have minded seeing Megatron return near the end to personally stop Soundwave and the Pack before heading back into exile.

• Like Like x 3
  10. Vullet

Vullet Member

Twitter:
    Tumblr:
    Laserbeak squacked at the very end! I kind of do wish Soundwave was the finale over Cyclonus and his extras, or at least more episodes.

On another note, does anyone have HQ screencaps? I really want to draw Soundwave and Laserbeak's new designs but the toy ain't doing much nor is the recording we got.

• Like Like x 1
  11. TLP

TLP Well-Known Member

I think Skyquake's zombified corpse was what Soundwave meant as the "wreckage" from which he built his beacon from.

• Like Like x 1
  12. 96megatron

96megatron Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Optimus Prime: My greatest adversary it is time we settle old scores.
    Laserbeak: Bring it you mother trucker. Warning the outcome might shock you. *Powers up Electric Tentacles*

• Like Like x 2
  13. IamaMeatRabbit

IamaMeatRabbit Well-Known Member

I liked this episode a lot. It was cool to see Soundwave return and speak. I also liked Optimus' powered-up for,; it reminded me of his form in Cybertron, one of my favorite series. However, I was disappointed that Megatron didn't show up, although I kind of expected it. I doubt he'll show up in RiD 2015 at this point.

• Like Like x 1
  14. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    That is true that dead corpses can't stand trial, but in TFP didn't SW "turned himself off" and than "brought himself back somehow" or I could be mistaken? I haven't been watching TFP since the show ended.

• Like Like x 1
  15. ThePendulum

ThePendulum Active Member

I think it was back in Minus One when Soundwave wiped his drives. I think he might be playing possum again.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    Indeed he did. That’s what I believe he did. He shut himself down.

• Like Like x 2
  17. PolskiGmaer17

PolskiGmaer17 Member

You cannot hype Soundwave for the entirety of the season and just have him be defeated so Damn Easily. First Megatronus, then Decepticon Island and now Soundwave. 3 things that should have been very interesting in this series, and all of them being wasted potential.
    - Megatronus dies too easily.
    -Decepticon Island is 95% recolours of prime characters. And most of the one's that were freed did jack shit.
    - Soundwave, who was build up as a major threat gets twatted in one episode and loses all the charasteristics that made Prime Soundwave unique. HELL his first apperance in this ep had no fanfare. (they didnt even give him a two parter or an explanation for the new body which is just unacceptable since they they did it for Starscream).
    And btw we only have 5 episodes left and WE STILL DON'T KNOW THE MAIN THREAT (Cyclonus of course but there is little to no build up to him except of the council, but the council having connections to Cyclonus is only mentioned in the Toy Bio).

• Like Like x 6
  18. ULTRABEE

ULTRABEE Active Member

Cyclonus wanted to summon Megatron thats why he give the nuclear to soundwave. He give the job to him but he failed so now he will try again to summon megatron and steeljaw will help the benefactors(cyclonus and his team) to summon Megatron.The benefactors said steeljaw to give Soundwave the nuclear to summon megatron so cyclonus will summon megatron Megatron will return!!!!

• Like Like x 2
  19. eleanorose123

eleanorose123 Member

YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    I have mixed to positive feelings on this episode. While it wasn't as "oh my gosh what fun!" as the past few episodes have been for me I cannot deny there were a number of highlights. The OP versus Laserbeak battle was boarded really nicely, I always love a good air fight, and Soundwave definitely did a heck of a lot of damage on his own. Having both him and Starscream be so reliant and dependent on the idea of finding Megatron (or having Megatron find them) was kind of tragic all things considered. Especially considering the "benefactors" probably did tell Soundwave that Megatron exiled himself, but Soundwave was still determined to bring him back to him. That gosh darn admirable loyalty.
    I am SO curious to see how this series is going to treat Steeljaw for these last few episodes. Cause despite being the show's main/most reoccurring antagonist, Steeljaw only really had one arc where he led his own plot, the rest of the time he's been a pawn/lackey (which admittedly...IRONY). Not to say he hasn't had great moments regardless, but it'd be interesting to see how these things will play out in the end.

Overall I think the episode was pretty solid, outside of the perspective from a Soundwave-fan-who's-tired-of-him-getting-thrown-under-a-bus. Great OST, nice storyboarding and location choices, and pretty darn awesome fight sequences. Now I'm just excited for a fun filler episode next week, nom nom nom.

Edit: I posted this to the wrong board originally, whoops.

• Like Like x 3
  20. BB Shockwave

BB Shockwave Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    Ebay:
    Weird, all this buildup to the Activators and we only see one of them? And Soundwave gets defeated even faster than Starscream was. Plus, oddly his character model barely matches the Warrior toy - the colors were more like the G1 cartoon model.

• Like Like x 1