TF RID:CF Season 3: Ep. 20 "Prisoner Principles" Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Transformers Robots In Disguise / Prime Discussion' started by SeanTF1967, Sep 5, 2017.

1. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Wandering aimlessly in California as a VW Bug
    Grrr... while a decent episode, it's just annoying to keep bringing up the Kaon Covention for prisoners. It's just me though, but a part of me wanted some violence here. I wanted someone to die. Thunderhoof was close to killing Clampdown. Really wished they added some violence every once in a while

• Like Like x 1
  2. AirjitzuRonin

AirjitzuRonin Member of the Bee Team

It's a skill anyone can use. Only some people know about it and for some reason, Prime wasn't one of them.

• Like Like x 2
  3. TFW10

TFW10 Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    It was a pretty good episode.

Granted Strongarm was a bit annoying with the rules and stuff, but she protected Clapdown from any harm, Thunderhoof or otherwise.

As for Clapdown, he kinda stole the show, asking Strongarm to protect him from Thunderhoof and enjoying being an autobot prisoner.

• Like Like x 3
  4. eleanorose123

eleanorose123 Member

YouTube:
    Tumblr:
    While not exactly what I was hoping for in terms of "Autobots learning not to treat their prisoners like garbage" (stasis pod procedure is still very much a touchy subject), I am still very happy they addressed it. It made sense to use Clampdown since out of everyone in the pack he would've been the most cooperative, and it made him an interesting character this episode, I'm glad! Strongarm also gets some nice highlight points, showing her contrasting personality points of wanting to obey orders and rules but also protect her friends at all costs. It kind of sucks the majority of the pack got caught, but with them not in stasis we could have some potentially humorous interactions in the future (possibly to get information on Steeljaw's affiliations and what have you)

Overall a good episode! These last couple of episodes have been quality. (and low key going to keep an eye out for those future "radioactive" con toys, the colors looked neat on some of them lol)

• Like Like x 4
  5. jackgaughan

jackgaughan Interner Soldier

News Credits:
    I think you missed the point of the episode of the childrens cartoon about "not brining harm to prisoners".

• Like Like x 5
  6. BumblebeeNotOP

BumblebeeNotOP Autobot Second-In-Command

News Credits:
    Wandering aimlessly in California as a VW Bug
    As I said, it's just me

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gayformers

Gayformers writes bad fanfiction

News Credits:
    Wow. Edgy.

Completely forgot about the episode today, but glad to know the plot is finally moving forward.

• Like Like x 1
  8. SeanTF1967

SeanTF1967 Autobot

News Credits:
    To the people saying Fixit wasn't in the episode...

He was in the episode alright, re-watch the beginning. He told the team about Steeljaw's Pack being at the Nuclear Power Plant.

• Like Like x 4
  9. Ismaeel Kamal

Ismaeel Kamal Active Member

Ebay:
    Twitter:
    YouTube:
    I’m glad Steeljaw succeed his mission, otherwise I would have questioned why anyone would trust him to get the job done.

• Like Like x 2
  10. ScientistMan

ScientistMan Well-Known Member

I think Fixit is the only character with perfect attendance for the series.

I liked this episode. I'm glad they delved a little deeper into the rules of engagement as opposed to the basic children's morality that we usually get.

I think that works as an explanation. Still undercuts the whole "I learned this ability while training with cosmic gods in another dimension" thing. Looking back, I was expecting Optimus to reveal/demonstrate more new powers thanks to his training.

• Like Like x 4
  11. AirjitzuRonin

I wish he would've shown off more as well. Also, what if the ability was present oc Cybertron only after OP's sacrifice. Only certain Bots knew about it and the Primes who seem to be able to interact with the regular realm to a certain extent, learned about it and shared the info with Prime. It would also explain why Windblade didn't know about either and why Strongarm and Bumblebee knew how to use it despite Prime never getting the time to tell them how before leaving to investigate Cybertron.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Lovecraft

Lovecraft Local homeless call me 'Scumbag Jesus'

Bee and Smokescreen both changed up their decos in Prime also.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Awesomepow

Awesomepow Well-Known Member

News Credits:
    But back at the cave cells Quillfire and Underbite have regular decos again.

• Like Like x 1
  14. SilverOptimus

SilverOptimus Movie News Monster Moderator News Staff

News Credits:
    RID is a decent show. But it doesn't hurt to take risks once in a while. Take the new TMNT show as an example. It's kid oriented but adults can enjoy the drama and high stakes. You'd think it's too violent for kids? No way. Look at the success of that show. Maybe killing someone is going too far.

The moments RID came to high stakes were during the Starscream arc and the episode where the Autobots had to retreat from their base when it was under attack. There was genuine suspense in there.

• Like Like x 1
  15. AirjitzuRonin

Risk of a Nuclear meltdown doesn't sound like a high stakes event to you!? I would normally make a joke about a silly statement but not an ignorant (not to mention insensitive) one like this because that is F***ED UP, if you truly think anything relating to radiation isn't high stakes! If King of the Hill, Prepare for Departure, and Prisoner Principles were occuring for real, you'd be praying to whatever higher power you believe in that the Autobots won. And before you say its just a cartoon, ask anyone who has dealt with situations like this coming close to being a risk, and they'll tell you the very word Nuclear is one of the highest STAKES YOU CAN HAVE!

To refute you more besides that point. A former Prime about to mix the Soul of a God and a relic powerful enough to create live in order to destroy two worlds, a train about to crash, a bomb that can destroy the planet, a Criminal who cuts people's heads off and jacks their bodies. Want me to go on? This show has stakes.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Seripa

Seripa Servant of Unicron

Facebook:
    Twitter:
    Instagram:
    it was a great episode, but I think that we will never have those recolors on sale :( 
    yup, I know I'm the only one who wants Thunderhoof with those colors, I don't know but I really love it

• Like Like x 2
  17. AirjitzuRonin

Cyberverse probably won't start til late 2018. As such more RID toys will probably release next year.

• Like Like x 1
  18. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    I know what you are trying to say. But I didn't felt it because I know Autobots are eventually going to shut down the reactor anyway. Don't get me wrong here I enjoy the show but I have a little brother who walked out half way through. When I asked why, he said he can predict the ending.

May be the word I was looking for was unpredictability. High stakes and unpredictability seems like a great combination don't you think? That episode where Steeljaw's pack invaded the base literally kept me at the edge of my seat.

So, before calling anyone ignorant or insensitive, try to understand the point he's trying to make. I tried my best to explain here. Hope it'll be enough.

• Like Like x 2
  19. SilverOptimus

News Credits:
    Then you'll be happy to hear that RID merchandise will be going on until Q3 2018. Cannot confirm about the toys though. I'll buzz Simba Dickie regarding their plans for next year. At least you guys might get a non transforming Steeljaw in reactor colors.

• Like Like x 2
  20. AirjitzuRonin

Sorry. I just don't like to think about Nuclear stuff too much. I know what radiation can do to people from those i Know so whenever the topic is brought up lightly I kinda get sensitive.

• Like Like x 1